1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

The tenant beacon objects need to be in the house itself. Also, most of the time you'll need like 4-6 of them, so they're kind of intrusive.

2. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

One and a weapon rack of some kind is fine. The problem with his houses is they're small enough that he can't fit a weapon rack in, which means there's not enough "combat" tenant tag to override other tenant types.

3. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

Nice colony!

The Trinkian beacons (and the Avikan ones too) will only work if used in conjunction with some other objects. The exact requirements are, at the very least: 1 tile occupied by a light, 1 tile occupied by a door, 8 tiles occupied by any Trink-themed object, 2 tiles occupied by a beacon (if you want higher level guards only, as the level 1 guard doesn't need a beacon) and at least 8 tiles occupied by combat-themed objects. You are most likely missing out on that last requirement: combat-themed objects. Placing down a single Prod Rack, a few Avikan weapon displays, or some of the objects on this list will satisfy that last requirement.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  4. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

I see what your trying to say now thanks for the answers :). I thought the beacons would summon a armed tenant without "weapon" tagged objects because I have seen other modded housing beacons that fulfill summoning criteria for certain tenants in other games. But now I see that the beacons purpose is to attract higher level armed tenants for better protection (In conjunction with "weapon" tagged items). I guess I could try to use the beacon today by removing one of the houses beds and placing "weapon" tagged furniture to try to get stronger armed tenants. And to answer what Ancev Caine said, the houses iv'e built do actually fit weapon racks (i.e. Avikan spear racks). I'm just not using any racks atm just weapon chests and weapon displays.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Aegonian likes this.
  5. Gearzoid II

[​IMG]
    Here is what Iv'e done to get an armed tenant with the beacon.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    Aegonian likes this.
  6. VortexGames

VortexGames Void-Bound Voyager

Hey. could I be invited to the steam group. My steam name is PJLambe.

7. Olimar is Key

Olimar is Key Orbital Explorer

accidentally deleted my bookmark were my base was. It had all my items in it and vanity armour. And FU stuff in it. :(

P.S keep up the good work, cant wait for next race. are there any plans for a trink outpost?

8. Ancev Caine

Check your universe folder for coordinates you might recognize.

9. Aegonian

I've sent you a friend request!

Ouch, that always sucks... Ancev Caine's suggestion is a good one: if you can find the coordinates of the planet where you built your base, you can still travel back there. The universe folder might be a bit crowded if you've explored a lot of planets, but your base will certainly be in there somewhere.

As for the outpost, I've got an Alliance outpost planned for a future update. This will be a shared outpost for the Trinks and the majority of the unannounced races!

10. ZaChrome

ZaChrome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Look for the modification date of the files inside the universe folder, and count the number of planet you visited after you went to your base, since they'll be more recent than your base, or just enter every coordinate from every file until you find the type of planet your base was on, ect... There are plenty of ways to use the modification dates of files to help you in this case

Btw, anyone has an idea how to fix this sht? http://pastebin.com/jyf5qv5r
    I suppose it's about weather problems, but i'm not sure how i'm going to pinpoint to the exact mod that causes that (230 mods game to load, then go to the planet, and check if it beams me back....+ the loss of a lot of stuff if not done correctly)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2017
  11. Aegonian

This looks like an issue with a poorly configured monster, actually. I've had this issue pop up a few times back when I was updating the mod to work with 1.0: it's caused by a monster's config file not having the "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" setting in it. When you beam down to a world with this poorly configured monster on it, the game will throw you an error and return you to your ship.

Other than Elithian Races, did you recently install any mods which add new monsters?

12. ZaChrome

ZaChrome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think it could be the more monster part generator, since it's probably the only one that does anything to monster i have installed. Thx for the infos on the config files, i'll look deeply into that and correct what's wrong in them, one more training towards creating a mod.

The music for the refugee is moving at a steady speed, but i have a few problems on the bass, and i'll throw a version on the forum quite soon!

Edit : so i found how to edit the freaking files, it's only in the .monstertype files, right? please tell me it is...

Edit 2 : there's a crap ton of modders that didn't include the line "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" : X, T-T

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  13. Cross Czech

Cross Czech Phantasmal Quasar

I have sent a personal message to Aegonian requesting permissions regarding mod compilation inclusion and/or alterations regarding this mod. If that was not the appropriate means of request, please reply to me here.

Sincerely
    CrossCzech2

14. Gearzoid II

Uh bud it clearly states inclusion to mod packs is not allowed in the OP.

15. Aegonian

Yeah, the addition of that line caught me by surprise and left me searching for a solution for quite some time back when it was first added... I wouldn't be surprised if others are having issues with it too. The log isn't particularly clear on where exactly the error occurs, as it only states that the "appliesWeatherStatusEffects" key is missing, but not where it's missing from. From what I've gathered, the line is only found inside the .monstertype files!

In general, I don't allow modifications of the mod or inclusions in mod packs (although you could always create a mod collections on Steam, as that doesn't require you to redistribute any of the assets), but I make exceptions in some cases. In this case, there were good reasons for a modification to be made, the modified version will be shared within a closed group only, and permission was asked in a professional and respectful manner, so I chose to allow it.

Ancev Caine and Cross Czech like this.
  16. Gearzoid II

Thanks for clarifying that Aegonian. I'm just concerned with people asking for permissions due to them somtimes being rude back when you say no as this happened with Avali Triage not too long ago. Sorry if I dealt with the situation wrongly but I am alert when things like this occur.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    ZaChrome and Aegonian like this.
  17. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm not sure if you support this kind of though or not, but I noticed that, at least the clanguard items, have poor compatibility with added elements ( from weapon fusion mod). Maybe you could add elemental variants to weapons? Or at least the most high-tiered.

Also, I really liked the improved keff vehicle, but sadly there are no flying vehicles yet. Is there any plans on adding flying them? Such as the ones in the vehicle bay at the Starfarer's Refugee. I recommend looking up the "Old War Armory" helicopters, they are quite simple yet efficient and one even adds a platform, making it a very useful.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  18. Gearzoid II

The big vehicle (The Skoff) will be added in a future update but i'm not sure about the other vehicles.

19. Ancev Caine

Plus with the upcoming vanilla space update probably adding new vehicle coding we might see that Avikan walker get implemented.

On another note, FU recently added the ability to make guard robots. Might we see something like that with the Elithian races? Right now Avikans can capture pod the various Drahl types, but being able to set some up in various areas could be quite useful for large-scale construction.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  20. Aegonian

I'll look into compatibility for the Weapon Fusion Station mod, but it might be a while before support gets added.

As for the flying vehicles, I am definitely planning on adding a number of flying vehicles! If I can solve the camera issues for the Skoff (the large dropship in the Refuge), that one will become driveable, and the Drehk (the smaller one-man aircraft) is also on my TO-DO list.

The next update will actually include the Vanguard Krahl (Avikan mech) as a driveable vehicle, although you'll have to spawn it in to get one (the quest for legitimately obtaining it isn't finished yet). I'm thinking of adding an Avikan-themed Pet Tether, which you could use to tether your captured Drahls to a specific location. The next update is also going to add Avikan and Trinkian turrets for defending your bases and colonies. How exactly do the guard robots in FU work?

Gearzoid II likes this.