1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. Resonat

Resonat Subatomic Cosmonaut

No problem!

Gearzoid II likes this.
  2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

For anyone who uses Enhanced Party Interface, a fix was just uploaded to the Steam Workshop, you can subscribe to it here. I'll upload the fix on the forums later this week!

I don't have a very solid idea of what the Refuge soundtrack should sound like yet, but I know the current soundtrack (planetarium) sounds too happy for the Avikan, if that makes sense. It's a good piece of music for a peaceful hub world, but for the Avikan, who have lost their homeworld and are constantly hunted by the Theleans, it doesn't really fit as well in my opinion. The soundtrack shouldn't be sad either, but a more neutral tone would fit better. Other than that, it obviously needs to be a looping soundtrack, and I think a relatively short track without too much variation in tempo and theme would be best. It doesn't need to be an epic piece of music, just something that's easy to listen to while you go shopping and while you talk with quest givers. I'll see if I can find any soundtracks in the base game which come closer to the theme I'm going for, as there's a bunch of new soundtracks which were released with 1.0 which I'm not familiar with yet.

I like your suggestions for the Avikan Generators! I'll have to look into this some time, but It'll probably be a while before I can really work on it (time constraints and all...).

A combat room for the Refuge is good idea, but I'll need to do some testing before I can say if it's even possible. The Refuge is currently configured as a no-combat instance, so I'm not sure what will happen if I add damageable targets to it. I know there are ways to allow tile placement in parts of an otherwise protected instance, so maybe the same system will allow for combat areas to be added.

I'd love to see those custom changes you made! What is your Steam username? I'll need to add you as a friend before I can invite you to the Steam group.

3. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Could add it as a separate area. Maybe a small base/arena on an asteroid, with the Refuge itself visible in the background?

4. GriffenLeo

GriffenLeo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was thinking it might be pretty cool if I could also purchase the engineer drodens at the starfarers refuge.

5. GriffenLeo

GriffenLeo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

for the combat room you could make targets like the training dummies in hylotl cities. I'm not sure how those work exactly, but I'm fairly certain they are creature with basically infinite amounts of health.:hylotl:

6. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Storm_UK on Steam also.

My roofing:
    https://gfycat.com/SatisfiedFarIcefish

The antenna/radar dish are seperate objects to the roofs themselves and can only be successfully placed at the roof pinnacle points, auto-breaking otherwise.

7. Aegonian

If combat inside the Refuge doesn´t work out, this might be a good idea! Connect the two areas with a teleporter, and this would work pretty well I think.

More purchasable Droden crewmates is a good idea, I'll see what I can do! Perhaps I can expand the current recruitment terminal to include multiple options, and otherwise I could find some space to add additional terminals.
    Yeah, the Hylotl cities sometime spawn with a Punchy monster, which is essentially a monster with no attacks and 50000 health, which regenerates all of its health every second. I was thinking of adding a similar kind of monster, plus either a similar monster with infinite knockback resistance for a stationary target, or perhaps an object that can be damaged (so it can't be moved around by gravity effects).

Sent you a friend request! :nuruhappy:

Those antennas and radar dishes are pretty neat! I'd love to get those added into the mod!

8. ZaChrome

ZaChrome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I actually had a bit of the same opinion as you for the current music, so i think i'll go check some musics from Kevin macLeod, and the stuff ThePrimeCronu uploads
    I'll try to find some theme, and turn them into mp3 to send to you.
    I have the complete starbound soundtrack if you're interested in it.

The starbound music is generaly very calm, and that's what i aim for, so dw about that.

Aegonian likes this.
  9. ChangelingRain

ChangelingRain Phantasmal Quasar

[​IMG]
    I am absolutely too fond of extremely ornate buildings.
    Incidentally I love the heck out of this mod because it has a lot of really good building materials that go super well together. It's cohesive and fun to build stuff with.

comet1337, Gearzoid II, Never and 5 others like this.
  10. Comito

Comito Pangalactic Porcupine

Nice use of the Rhaiod (Rhaoid?) parts. Blends together nicely.

Relten likes this.
  11. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

Marvelous and inspiring work.

12. ZaChrome

@Aegonian
    Hey, i've found a nice theme for the refugee, and am working on expanding it, to a listening point.
    I need a few things from you :
    It's gonna be relatively slow, like the vanilla musics.
    What instruments you'd prefer to hear? I'm aiming on piano, strings, maybe a bass guitar , and other stuff, a bit more electronic, but i need your opinion.
    Also, you prefer me to send directly the tracks to you by a mp, or a mail? Or it's good if i put them in the mod discussion, for everyone to give their opinions?

13. Aegonian

I think that posting the tracks in the mod discussion is fine, I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on it as well!

As for the instruments, that seems like a good selection! I love music with strings in it, and piano works really well to give it the music a soothing/peaceful nature. Some electronic sound would definitely be good too - it fits the game really well, in my opinion.

ZaChrome likes this.
  14. ZaChrome

Then here's the first attempt : https://mega.nz/#!ulMBSS5Z!izMx-0ovpvXTJ9JRC_ZxrrswAlAQFISBQ8RJ-fIT-l4
    It's rough, it's unfinished, but the core theme is there, made to loop (even tho it needs refining, badly).
    I have another one on progress, but i'll just feed you already with that, to know if i should continue going this way, or if i have to change my appoach.

Aegonian likes this.
  15. Aegonian

I think that this could grow into a really nice track!

16. ZaChrome

I appreciate the comment, but try making it more constructive, what you prefer in the track, what's more to change, i know there's not much, but since it'll be the core of the full theme, it'd better be as close to perfect as possible

17. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

Aegonian just wanted to report a bug with enforcer armor v2. all the pieces use the enforcer arm mod instead of body or optics of the downgrade

18. Aegonian

Alright, here's some more in-depth feedback! Do note that I have zero experience in composing music, other than a few attempts made in LittleBigPlanet's music creation system, so forgive me if I use the wrong terminology here :p

-There's a few awkward pauses in the music - at about 15 seconds in, and again at about 32 and 43 seconds in - but I imagine you'll be filling these up with other instruments, or shortening the time in between piano notes to keep the music going.
    -Similarly, the first few notes (especially the second and third) fade out a little too quickly, causing minor pauses which feel a bit awkward.
    -The notes at about 26 seconds in are probably my favourite piece: the music 'flows' really well here, making for easy listening!
    -Conversely, the final set of notes (starting at about 35 seconds in) feels the least consistent and a bit messy, if that makes any sense.
    -The overall feel of the song is good though, it's very calm and fits the theme of a safe haven quite well!

I'll take a look at this in a bit!

Gearzoid II, Relten and ZaChrome like this.
  19. ZaChrome

That's why the track will be called "safety" ;)
    Thx that's exactly what i asked for so, on to the explanation, for the already forethought points :
    there will be other instruments playing while the theme is on, of course, but those blanks serve as calm, make repetition easier and highlight what's to follow. Also it's been made on a shitty MIDI phone app, but your point on the firsts and last notes is interesting, and will act on my work :D
    The track needs to be quite long (listen to the menu music for its full length, you'll see how beautiful and well crafted it is), again, to break boredom.

Frankly, you don't need to be a music expert to talk about music, like art, since, it's about feels, and sensations. You just need a sense of critic to be able to pinpoint (exactly what you did) to what is and isn't right

Relten and Aegonian like this.
  20. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]
    Here is a Apartment Complex colony I have been working on. more rooms are still being added but I need more furniture from Avikan colonies (I blame RnG for making finding colonies so hard :nurumad:). There are lots of small details like a sign I made with a custom "Trink" logo and Fire Extinguishers I pixel Printed. It has 15 tenants currently (9 Trinks, 4 Avikan, 2 Droden) and their purpose is to give me sealed caches as rewards. btw, I love how the Droden tenants say "Presenting Gift" when they pay rent :nurutease:. One last thing is that the central Trinkian network beacons don't attract armed tenants. Is this a bug?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
    Aegonian likes this.