1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. OctoSHarkTasaurus

OctoSHarkTasaurus Subatomic Cosmonaut

It's pretty quiet at the moment. No servers, no rp forum... A few friends and I are thinking of reviving it on Reddit.

Also, Aeg. How are you going to handle Jorgasians? They had wings, and are superficially close to Avians when it comes to looks. They, along with Hymids, Notix and Dremetons are some of the coolest (culture-wise) to come out of the old forums. And I see that Hea-hoans aren't going to be a playable race, if at all featured, this is pretty upsetting. When I saw the mod a few years ago I was hoping it would expand to the point that the little hummingbird-people would be possible, alas the sprites would be extremely hard. And you'd likely need to add two additional limbs to handle the arms. The flying wouldn't be hard, just make it so the sprite floats, and the running animation could be wings flapping. For stationary flapping, you can change the "blink" animation to a flap and increase the times it occurs per minute.

2. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

I hope to continue developing this mod for as long as Starbound remains active! It's possible that circumstances will keep me from working on the mod at times, and time constraints will always remain an issue, but I hope to keep working on this mod for as long as I can!

I've added it to my list, expect it to be fixed when the next update releases!
    Sent you a friend request!

There's a few major issues with the Hea-Hoan: for one, they didn't have arms, so I'd need to change up their design for them to work in Spore. The fact that they're flying creatures also makes their implementation harder, although there might be ways to work around that (something like your suggestion might work). But the biggest factor is probably the fact that, unlike for the Trink, Notix, Jorgasians and Erixians, I don't yet have permission from their original creator to include the race into the mod.

As for the Jorgasians, you can find a preview of some WIP sprites here. They still need to get their feathers added, along with some other improvements, but the basic design is there.

jonathonspy and CrimsonGiraffe like this.
  3. ZaChrome

ZaChrome Scruffy Nerf-Herder

For the feathers, you could inspire you from the avali ones, or the mod that adds them to the avian, or even the appearance wings from the base game

Even tho my time is limited, and i play 2 to 3 games at a time (between ranking up in league, playing for fun with a friend, and starbound) but i'm ready to build something like a server for the roleplay, or organise some things. But it's still not up to me, and my youngliness, to decide.

Anyway, @Aegonian , I really want to contribute to the mod in anyway possible, if i can be of any use.

4. Aegonian

Were you in the Steam group yet? There have been so many new applicants it's hard to keep track of everything. We are still looking for someone who could host an official Starbound server, and you don't necessarily need to be an Elithian veteran to host a server. Any roleplaying done on a Starbound server will be separate from the forum/Reddit roleplay which we hope to revive soon, so experience isn't much of a factor there. If you're a good sprite artist, you could also help by contributing sprites for weapons or objects, and if not you can still help by contributing ideas for new weapons or objects, and making suggestions for other improvements to the mod!

5. ZaChrome

I'm already in the steam group.
    For the mod, i don't suck at spriting (currently working on my own version of the logistic frigate for my avali, mainly working on lazers and such), but i'm not excellent, you'll be the judge. I forgot to talk fully about it, but i wanted to ask if you've considered adding music. Since it's part of my studies, i can help quite a lot on that point!
    My main and secret problem with working and then hosting a server isn't anything like the price, finding the location, or configuration, it's that i'm using almost 240 mods right now, and most of them are now really big part of my experience. I'm not sure i could configure that much mods (+ the server side ones + the bonus ones wanted by ppl). Even with help, i think that's my current worry about any kind of starbound server

6. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

Couple of bugs with easy fixes to note for Trinks:
    npc crew weapons include trinktier3sniper, which doesn't exist.
    repairpod 'bed' is missing /misc/ from its bedcover images directory path.

7. Gearzoid II

Gearzoid II Big Damn Hero

[​IMG]

Here's a bug I found with a Trink soldier I hired. his weapon switches back to the prod he's supposed to be holding when he attacks a enemy then on the ship he's holding that.[​IMG]

8. Storm_UK

Believe thats due to the nonexistant trinktier3sniper item, which defaults to the matter manipulator / perfectly generic item.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  9. Aegonian

Storm_UK is correct, that bug with the Trinkian crewmate is caused by them spawning in with a weapon that doesn't exist, so the NPC walks around with a Perfectly Generic Item instead. Good find, by the way! I'll make sure this gets fixed in the next update, and the same goes for the Repair Pod issue!

Gearzoid II likes this.
  10. Gearzoid II

Good to know :)

11. Ancev Caine

Ancev Caine Existential Complex

I've been too sick and/or busy the past week to continue building my large-scale colony, but I've been fleshing out a few ideas for what the next big construction should be in my head.

My first priority once I get back to work will be to complete the nomad quarter, the large area around the Keff Rider barracks and Rhai'od shrine where I've been scattering Avikan Tents and small constructed nomad tents, complete with various tenants and even a few merchants here and there. Once that's done I may overhaul the water bar, particularly the basement area since I'm not entirely happy with how it turned out, though I've also considered adding a third floor, and complete work on the merchant quarter now that all the new merchants are added. Soon I'd also like to add a park located near the plaza, maybe even extend the plaza out and have the park be part of the plaza structure.

Still trying to plan out the stronghold and starport. I'm split on whether to have the starport be between the merchant quarter/park and the fortress or to place it on a raised platform beside the fortress. Either way, I'll need to build the stronghold first and see how much room I have left on the island I built. For the stronghold, I'm planning something of a pyramid shape with 'steps' interspersed where I will place pseudo-gun batteries, perhaps using the pipe tiles to mimic barrels. If I go for that, the gun batteries will likely have interiors accessible through a bottom hatch. The very top of the structure will be a tall observation and control tower... though I'm also considering making it a full-on space elevator and building a small station up in the asteroid belt, though that may be a bit too ostentatious for a clan stronghold.

I've yet to finalize what I'll be putting in the below-ground part of the Terve. I want to admin spawn the restaurant from the Starfarer's Refuge and sort-of recreate it, and add a series of rooms and quarters also based on the Refuge, and maybe a second Rhai'od shrine with the mural along the ceiling. I'm also considering a zoo with various wildlife on pet tethers in it, but I don't know if I'll have room. I definitely plan on putting some tethered Drahls in the stronghold and starport, though. The final thing currently on the list is a desalination plant - the colony is built on an Ocean Elysium world from Better Barren, so I fluffed the entire colony as belonging to a small Avikan clan that found a planet with large but shallow seas of overly-salty water and made themselves extravagantly wealthy purifying and selling it to the Nomada and passing nomads.

All of this assumes, of course, that I don't need to do a universe reset due to recent mod updates/changes to my load order. If I do wind up resetting I will probably use Base-in-a-Box to "pack up" the buildings I've currently made first and move them to a new world after the reset so I don't lose anything major aside from the time spent building a suitably large island to fit the entire colony. Plus it would save time resurfacing the ocean floor. I'd need to demolish any Hylotl settlements though, lest they get in the way.

Aegonian likes this.
  12. Aegonian

Sorry for not replying to this earlier! Some music for the mod would actually be great! For one, I've always wanted the Starfarer's Refuge to have its own soundtrack, but other than the soundtrack from the Outpost, I couldn't find any vanilla songs which fitted the Refuge as a peaceful hub world. I will also be working on missions soon, which could also benefit from custom music!

Gearzoid II likes this.
  13. ZaChrome

Np, since you've responded ;)
    I can work with my music friends on it, if you tell me what kind of music you'd prefer (let's start with the refugee, i think it's the best choice, since it's gonna establish even more how we're supposed to feel about the avikans). If needed, it's possible to compose a brand new soundtrack, instead of tweaking already existing pieces (enough to keep only the base, to make them belong to the mod), but it'll take a longer time.

I've thought of an add on for the refugee : a combat room, like, with holograms to train, test weapons, combos, and such. Plus it would be a great use of the remaining space, except if you have already clear plans for what's to add.
    Also, why not use the avikan reactors we find under the colonies (yes, i admit having committed quite a butchery just to get a hang on them the first time i saw them...) to generate energy, FU style, with possible swap of energy :
    Like : Coal / oil / low tier energy sources -> water / low tier coolant
    Uranium / Radioactive / High tier energy sources -> liquid nitrogen / high tier coolant.

Since the radioactive and explosion and risk stuff is already in fu, you'd have to take it, and put logistic gates make the thingy explode if there's a high tier fuel for a low tier coolant, or make it stop completely!
    I already know it's hard work, so it's just a proposition, right?

14. Storm_UK

I've been playing a Trink for a several days now and have been modding a few extra things and changes myself, such as radar dishes and antenna that can fix ontop of Trink roofs, roofs that can invert themselves anchoring underneath, and adjusted graphics for them. An invite to the steam group would be appreciated, maybe I can assist with some modding here. :)

15. Gearzoid II

Aegonian do you know where to find the guy who will repair my broken spear is?

16. Resonat

Resonat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Starfarer's Refuge; blueprint merchant. Have a Centensian Relic on hand. If you DON'T have a relic, the Drifter's Emporium sells em, or you can hope to find one from centensian ruins.

17. Gearzoid II

I have a centensian relic and the spear. I'll go check again

18. Gearzoid II

Yeah he's not showing the question mark above his head that indicates a quest

19. Resonat

Resonat Subatomic Cosmonaut

Go to the top floor of the refuge and head to the far left side. The Watcher up there will have a quest for you if you have both of those items and have completed the glitch keep quest.

Gearzoid II likes this.
  20. Gearzoid II

I got it done thanks so much :)