1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Elithian Races Mod - A Starbound Expansion 2.3.10

A Starbound expansion mod which adds multiple new races and additional content

1. SmolNozomi

SmolNozomi Void-Bound Voyager

this compatible with frakin universe?

2. DominatorLegend

DominatorLegend Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yes it is. I'm having no problems with it.

3. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

it seems like hunters fire their crossbow before they aim, especially if their target is higher than they are. they also point their knife downards as if they were in idle
    also happened with guards at a trink settlement
    i'm not sure how npcs work, but i think they use simplified, npc-specific weapons, whilst the mod npcs all use the same weapons the player can get

4. comet1337

comet1337 Big Damn Hero

the minigun is also suffering from the 'awesome but impractical syndrome'
    it's energy inefficient and doesn't put out a whole lot of damage. plus the windup and slowdown further demand compensatory upsides
    most of the other weapons have a ratio of 1:1 - 1:1.5 damage per energy. the minigun is closer to 1:2
    i was thinking something like doubled energy usage, tripled damage. massive damage but chews through energy fast, and upping the DPE to the same level of the other guns

also the line rifle lightning arcing effect is really cool

EDIT:
    the missile launcher somehow feels subpar to the rpg
    might be the awkward, rather slow two shot burst it has
    that and while more energy efficient, you have to hit something 5 times to deal the same damage the rpg does in 1
    maybe make it fire two missile at once/ increase the speed of the burst and make the missiles faster, i'm having a harder time hitting things with missiles than rockets

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  5. DominatorLegend

Hey man, I solved the ship issue. It was a modification I did to the files what was causing the bug (sorry), but now I have a request: could you make a compatibility patch for the awesome USS Polaris?

6. Aegonian

Aegonian Weight of the Sky

I did notice that many NPC types used npc-specific weapons, which at first glance seemed to be just regular weapons but without the secondary ability, so I never paid them much attention (had plenty of other stuff to worry about). I'll look a bit further into NPCs and the weapons they carry, might be I've missed some important things.

Yet again, great feedback! I'll look into rebalancing the Minigun's DPS and energy consumption, as well as the Missile Pod's ROF and damage output.

No problem, just glad you managed to solve the issue! I'll look into compatibility with the USS Polaris mod after the hotfix is out, but that'll probably require a separate mod and won't be part of the main download for Elithian Races. You could try asking Xilosc for an Avikan, Droden or Trink-compatible version of the ship in the meantime - he's released a couple of versions for other races already, so perhaps he'll be able to build this before I have the time to look into it.

DominatorLegend likes this.
  7. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey. Can I ask something? I just dropped the '' Full monster skull '' from killing a monster and I want to know what the effect (''feral'') does.

8. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

I think Feral is a damage boost.

Aegonian, comet1337 and ChatNoir like this.
  9. DominatorLegend

K, thanks.

10. Aegonian

Toa_Derax is correct: Feral is a damage boost, which currently boosts all damage by 15%. I'm looking into a possible buff for the effect and the trophy skulls, as they are a bit underwhelming compared to others pieces of armour right now.

ChatNoir likes this.
  11. baconsama25

baconsama25 Cosmic Narwhal

About the current mount being sold at the Avikan settlements, it's animation is somewhat wonky and slow ( but I know it takes a big deal of time, so it's understandable ). Also, how's the current rarity of the desert wastelands and does frakin' races already applies it's bonuses to the three races of this mod? Because I haven't found that subbiome yet and I'm not sure if the frakin' races already applies the effects to this new version.

12. Aegonian

Yeah, organic animation is still one of my weakest points, which is one of the reasons why creating new races takes so much time, and also why armour takes so much time to draw (and why I reuse the same sprites for skirts and such as much as I do).

The Desert Wetlands sub-biome is only available on desert planets, and gets added to a list of potential sub-biomes the game can use to generate a planet. In vanilla, there are only two sub-biomes for deserts - barren and savannah - so with Elithian Races installed, the game has three options to choose from when generating a planet. Frackin' Universe adds at least another thirteen sub-biomes to desert planets, making them far more diverse, but also making the desert wetlands much rarer: instead of a 33% chance, you only have a 6.25% chance to find this biome on a desert planet.

Frackin' Races has bonuses for the Avikan, but not yet for the Trink and Droden. Sayter's asked me what bonuses I'd like to see for the Elithian Races, but I haven't had the time to really think about it yet, as I've been very busy with school and the hotfix. I should have more free time this weekend, so hopefully I'll be able to make my suggestions then, and Sayter might be able to add support for the Elithian Races soon!

13. Nekrai

Nekrai Void-Bound Voyager

which weapon make monsters drop '' monster claws ''?

14. Aegonian

Any Avikan hunting weapon will do. That includes bows (Bone Bow, Hunter's Bow, Nomada Bow), crossbows (Bone Corssbow), Nomada Crossbow), hunting spears (Hunter's Spear, Elder's Spear, Nomada Hunting Spear), hunting knifes (Avikan Hunter's Knife, Nomada Hunting Knife) and the Vanguard Harpoon Gun. Throwable items such as the Bone Javelin and the Spike Trap also serve as hunting weapons, and will cause monsters to drop bones and hides. The Monster Claws specifically are only found on Tier 3 planets, which I believe are the Snow, Savannah and Ocean planets.

15. daleymail

daleymail Void-Bound Voyager

I can't craft flags while using this mod. I thought it might be a problem with being incompatible with other mods at first, but I've tested everything and it's just this mod that's doing that. Is that on purpose, or a bug? If it's on purpose, is there another way to craft flags? (If there already is another way to craft flags aside from simple crafting- sorry, I only know the simple crafting way.)

EDIT: I didn't notice earlier, but apparently I can still craft the flag while in my ship. I still can't see the option to craft my flag while on a planet though.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  16. Aegonian

All three races should be able to craft their flag from the regular crafting menu, and this mod doesn't make any changes to existing blueprints for the vanilla flags, so I'm not sure what is causing this. I just tested the crafting recipes for myself, and everything is working as intended on my end... Are you able to craft flags using the vanilla races? And are you certain that even if you're only using this mod, you still can't craft any flags? Also, are there any errors in your starbound.log?

17. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

possible bug report: For some reason, there are two Kadavan cactus seeds (and the kadavan cactus itself too) One is uncommon and the other is common.
    Take a look:http://imgur.com/a/0Zgtv
    Also, the common one has a different description

18. Lexyk

Lexyk Void-Bound Voyager

:O
    My favorite mod! Updated once more!
    Boy am I glad you're still active on it! Thank you so much for updating this for 1.0!

19. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

IIRC, FU adds it's own Kadavan Cacti, for some reason.

Aegonian likes this.
  20. Aegonian

As mentioned by Toa_Derax, FU adds its own version of the Kadavan Cactus, so that's where the second one comes from (the common one is from ER, the uncommon one is from FU). I gave Sayter permission to add the crops from Elithian Races to FU, so they could be used for other food items in Frackin' Universe and add even more variety to the mod.

Toa_Derax and ChatNoir like this.