1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Elites don't have their colors

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Guidedarms, Jul 1, 2016.

1. Guidedarms

Guidedarms Space Hobo

So I just installed RoR on a different laptop then I usually play on and it appears that for some reason the elite mobs no longer have their colors.
    They have their default color scheme. The elite effects are still visible, but its impossible to tell which elite is which when honor is enabled.

NoColoredElites.jpg

I have attempted to reinstall the game, verify its cache, deleting all files and verifying cache. I've even had the game run in compatibility mode on windows 7 and 8. (I currently run 8.1).

Anyone any idea how I can fix this?

• Saturnyoshi

Saturnyoshi Aquatic Astronaut

Pretty sure it's to do with the graphics card not supporting something, no way to fix if that's the case.

• Guidedarms

Guidedarms Space Hobo

It is a possibility, but the laptop has a Nvidia GTX 850m. I realize its not an amazing card but I feel like it should do its job just fine.
        This "something" you're referring to, can you be more specific? Or was that more speculative?

• Saturnyoshi

Saturnyoshi Aquatic Astronaut

Just speculation, I don't know what else it could be otherwise, sorry.

• Cantiep

Cantiep Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just update DirectX, this problem has happened to me before and it's quickly fixed by updating.