RELEASED Efficient Green Farm

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sheetcakeghost, Jun 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

A farm edit that makes full use of all that space AND IT'S GREEN!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just stick it in Contents/Maps and you're good to go.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 15, 2016
    • foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Neat.
      [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
        Cider, sheetcakeghost and eemie like this.
      • sheetcakeghost

Hot damn, Foghorn.

foghorn likes this.
        • Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Ooh, I like the mine lantern in front of the cave. Does it light up at night?

• sheetcakeghost

With a simple XNB edit there is no way I can make the lamp by the cave entrance light up at night like the one in the mountain area does. To make that happen I'd need to edit the map properties and adding anything new to those properties confuses the game preventing it from loading up the house and greenhouse tiles. d: Basically my options were to have it lit all the time (not actually give off any light, just using the lit version of the tile) or unlit. I decided on the later for aesthetic reasons.

If anyone knows another way to add working lamps to your farm without crafting them let me know though.

While you're at it, if you can tell me how to put a down arrow on signs (like how there are up and right arrows on the ones I have) I'd appreciate it.

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

^Surprised it never caught my attention before, but yeah, I've never seen a southward-pointing sign. Granted, It's not needed if you're playing vanilla, but you would think there would be at least one at the southern farm exit/entrance describing Marnie's farm animal Empire.

Probably an oversight by CA that will be rectified in the update. Don't know if it's worth a custom sprite-edit (Tego didn't even do it).

Blah, ignore me. It's a mod; it's always worth it. :)

• sheetcakeghost

I'm kind of purposefully avoiding any custom edits and SMAPI necessities with this farm redesign. Just to keep it as light and simple as possible for people to use. I'll just not have a down arrow on the sign. d: It isn't as though the player can't figure out the southward direction on their own.

• Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

This looks awesome :3
                  I am not digging the one tree in the way though lol
                  Great work! :)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
                  • sheetcakeghost

That tree is there because the dog dish has a shadow on it by default (because usually there is a fence there). That was just an aesthetic call I made to keep things looking natural. If it bugs enough folks tho I'll make a version where it's removed and you could, say, put a well or stable there to give the dog bowl a reason to have a shadow cast over it.

• Rubicant1982

Rubicant1982 Subatomic Cosmonaut

xD I just downloaded tIDE and removed it myself, along with some other little things I personally didn't care for lol
                      But <3 your map!!!! :E it is gonna be the default map I use from now on for sure ^_^

sheetcakeghost likes this.
                      • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

dude dope, green is good, green is god - snoop dogg / wiz kalifa

• barfyscorpion

barfyscorpion Pangalactic Porcupine

You're my hero. I couldn't figure out how to get my farm completely covered in grass while still being able to plant in it.

• taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

You have to change each ground tile's custom propeties on the back level and type the following in repective places/value spaces.

Type | Dirt
                            Diggable | t

barfyscorpion and sheetcakeghost like this.
                            • SasuraUchiha

SasuraUchiha Cosmic Narwhal

This one looks nice!

• sheetcakeghost

That's basically how I did it, but you can also change the properties on the tilesheet itself. Save yourself some hassle. d:

taintedwheat and barfyscorpion like this.
                                • Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

It would be so cool if you would make a version of this with your berry bushes form your French Vanilla Farm Mod. The land in front your grandpa's shrine is now a berry patch is such a great idea.

• eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

How do I revert back to the original map? I do have a back up of all the original files but I can't find it. I need to test something on my farm real quick and I need the other map or I won't be able to test it out.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

If you put the lightbulb tile from the Paths tilesheet on the Paths layer, the game will automatically put a light source at that location when it loads the map.
                                      It wont be visible during the day, but it will be at night, replacing the tile automatically requires SMAPI though, since I do not believe CA added in any way of doing tile replacements without coding.

PS: Might I recommend you consider making a drop-in ALL based version of this? not everyone is comfortable with replacing files :p

• sheetcakeghost

If it's not too late, I have a backup of the vanilla farm I can upload as an attachment.

When I have the time for it I might just. I did intend on doing a SMAPI version eventually, just wanted to prioritize doing a non-SMAPI version first.

Attached Files:

eemie likes this.
                                        • eemie

eemie Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Thank you!!