Modding Discussion Editing of the "FarmHouse2_marriage" map caused game to crash

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Harzelora, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Harzelora

Harzelora Phantasmal Quasar

So I was editing the "FarmHouse2_marriage.xnb", located in the "Maps" folder and everything turned out great but after playing for some minutes, the game crashed. Now it crashes every time I play for more than a few minutes.

I think my edit of the FarmHouse2_marriage.xnb might be corrupted. It took me forever to edit the house and I don't want to have to start all over again !

Does anyone have an idea as to how I could solve this issue ?

Crash.png

Attached Files:

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

Works fine on my end, @Harzelora (minus your custom tilesheet(s), of course).
      Image 002 2016 12 04.png

From your log, it looks like your edits are conflicting with the SpouseRoom override in Siv's Marriage Mod.

• Harzelora

You didn't experience any sort of crashing ?
        (It takes some minutes for it to happen)

I'm going to search for the file that's conflicting then. Thanks.

• foghorn

I ran around the house moving things around for two whole in-game days, no crashes.

• Harzelora

It's good to know the .xnb isn't the problem !
            I wouldn't have had the courage to redo everything :disshappy:

I tried to play without Siv's SpouseRoom but the result is the same.
            Even though I reverted back to the version I used before installing the mod

• foghorn

Try running the game without SMAPI (but with your FarmHouse edit installed), just to make sure it isn't a SMAPI/SMAPI mod issue.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
                Harzelora likes this.
              • Harzelora

Good idea !
                But it still crashed... :oops:

Crash 2.png

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
                • foghorn

Ohboy..I'm about out of ideas, then. :( Have you tried your mod with the default tilesheets (town_interior, farmhouse_tiles, etc.,)?

• Harzelora

That's okay. Thanks anyway ! :nod:
                    It's happened to me before and at the time, I re-did my edit and the bug went away.
                    But I spent way too much time on it this time and don't want to redo everything.
                    Maybe there's a way to redo it real fast by copy and pasting the tiles from one .tbin file to the other ...?

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Strangely enough... the actual error that crashed your game is the game trying to spawn a truffle in a spot that already has something in it....... But by all logic that just shouldnt be possible, since the spawn algorithm checks before spawning.... :S

Harzelora likes this.
                      • Harzelora

Thanks, Entoarox !

I'm 100% sure it's related to my Farmhouse2_marriage.xnb ... so does that mean I have to redo everything ?
                        Or is there a way I can find which mod / file is causing this incompatibility ?

I'll try to play with no mods and see if it still crashes...

Update : It didn't crash ! I just need to figure out which mod is causing the crashes !

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
                        • Harzelora

Turns out your "!EntoaroxFramework" was causing the issue. I have no idea why o_O
                          Edit : Unless it's the AdvancedLocationLoader mod

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
                          • FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Do you still have that save for the day when it crashes (and could you upload it, along with your Mods folder?). I have a longshot idea of why you might be crashing (with the truffle spawning thing) but I'd like to see if I could replicate it on my end.

Harzelora likes this.
                            • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

... That makes no logical sense... >_<
                              Be sure to tell me if you figure it out please! :D

• Harzelora

Actually, I can still go to bed and save. I can even go outside. The crash occurs only when I am in my house for an extended period of time.

There you go. Thank you

This bug is so weird... It's like that bug that I still experience with the Fortune Teller at the Stardew Valley Fair

Attached Files:

• FieryChaos

FieryChaos Cosmic Narwhal

Using your files and the default farm, no crashes occurred. I have, however, replicated that specific crash in one of my own saves (before you responded and with my own modlist out of curiosity). I isolated the pigs I had, and surrounded them all with furniture (can be any non-passable object as well), and waited until they started digging their truffles. From the looks of it, that code (the pigs finding truffles) can fail and try to place a truffle in a spot that is already occupied. To be specific, one of my pigs was up against the barn, and dug up a few times; some truffles spawned inside the barn structure on the farm map (where it shouldn't be able to) and behind it, which I was not expecting. I placed more non-passable objects (in my test, furniture) behind the barn, and then not long after a pig tried to dig up and then the game crashed. You have a lot of pigs and both of your barns are placed right up against the north hills (so there is no walkable space behind it). What I'm guessing is one of your pigs tried digging up and the game tried to place a truffle in an occupied spot but couldn't (as Ento said). Also, in your save and on a standard map (or a map with those north hills unedited), there is a truffle inside what would be the base of the mountain (inside what would be a building layer tile); since you have a mod that collects that stuff with a button press, though, it's not an issue in your case.

From the looks of it, it's not a problem with any of your mods or your farmhouse edit, but sheer rare occurrence and not fully foolproof code. Normally this would be super rare/unlikely, but you may have increased your chances significantly just with the amount of pigs you have and your barn placement; the barn up against the greenhouse causes a clutter of animals (mostly pigs), often causing them to not be able to leave the barn door (so you see them constantly going in and out of the barn), and the effect as you probably can see is that a lot of truffles spawn in that area, decreasing the amount of open spots and increasing the likeliness of the code goofing up.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
                                    Harzelora likes this.
                                  • Harzelora

I think you're right ! I changed the position of my barns . They're now in the bottom left corner.
                                    New Layout.png

I haven't experienced any crash since. I guess the piggies needed more space.
                                    Thanks a lot for your help !