Modding Help [EDITED] Can a drawable be scaled separately from the player?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Jerry Noeda'an, May 9, 2017.

1. Jerry Noeda'an

Jerry Noeda'an Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Old Post:
    Hi! I've been working on a small humanoid template that stands at 3 blocks tall. So far, after a lot of effort (figuring out humanoid.config stuff was ANNOYING), I'm really close to finished. When I went to go test all of the player functions, I found sitting to be problematic. Both the sleeve and the chest of chest armor were not properly aligned. I managed to add a frame to the sleeves and realign the sleeves, but I cannot seem to (or figure out how to) define a new frame for chest armor just for sitting.

I've tried using where the old climb frame would be, and when that failed, one of the frames where words are often placed to explain frames. Both attempts failed, and to varying degrees of result. At worst, I'd lose all my frames for armor defined by this 'smolchestm' subtype, and at best, nothing would change and the sit frame would still use idle.1 's frame.

Here is a screenshot of what I mean.
    [​IMG]

I would release a .zip of this as to help people better understand what's going wrong but I have been expressly disallowed from posting this by (at least until I rename and remove assets of) the maker of the original (normal sized) template. So in the case that someone needs the zip I can PM you a link to a download.

Okay, so right now I am working on an alternative solution: Simply scaling a normal sized race down to appropriate size, which allows for armor from any race to work with the given 'small' race. However, along with it, any drawable (items you hold in your hand) scale down with you, and this can pose an issue, although isn't of immediate concern. Is there any way to scale the drawable separately from the player, so that a smaller character can still use a normal sized weapon?

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I don't think we can actually add frames. I could be wrong, but I've never seen it done.

3. Jerry Noeda'an

Jerry Noeda'an Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I was able to add a frame to sleeves but not to chests. As a workaround I got a little help from someone and I am looking for a different solution to a new problem now. Thank you.

If someone is capable of solving the old problem, then please do answer. Even though it isn't the main concern right now, I hope that I can reuse the assets from that project another day.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  4. ChatNoir

ChatNoir Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just found this post...Dunno, but to me it looks like an interesting race.
    Hope it goes all well with it.