1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Egg within the character creator [3/6 found]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Menasor

Menasor Phantasmal Quasar

I also hope the release more hints, I would definitely like to be able to see all the easter eggs before beta or game release.

2. plaYer2k

plaYer2k Pangalactic Porcupine

Well good you added the Edit youself otherwise i had to, because 10 years is far from what it takes to crack those passwords if they are "offline".

And that already limits the use of such a system here since from what i know the client sends the hashed name to the server which validatees it and then sends a json containing all the datas required to unlock the secret back and such a numbercrunsher would be pretty useless then.
    And iirc Tramsan said that each code has to be unlocked first so even if you knew it you couldnt use it yet. Thus bruteforcing it now is just pointless.

So not even an army bots requesting all the possible hashes could solve it since they are simply not unlocked yet since unreleased from what we know.

And yes we went through that a few times in here already :3

3. Annoctatio

Annoctatio Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah. I was kind of joking there. Glad to see there's someone who actually knows what he is talking about. >__>

4. DoomZero

DoomZero Zero Gravity Genie

I'd like to see the exact quote. That's essentially hearsay, so I'd like to be really sure.
    But yes, bruteforcing it is still something that I disagree with, and I'm pretty sure nobody here really intends on doing that anymore.

Remember guys, if you spot anything that looks reasonably suspicious, post about it here. Like I said before, any pictures that feature the armor of Humans, Florans or Hytotl. Anything released in the month of May especially. Tramsan's last comment in this thread said nothing about hints we might've missed, so I feel like it's possible (but not certain) that until that point, there were no other hints besides what we found.

Also, still haven't had any sort of direct exchange with Tiy about the easter egg hints. I'm not sure what his stance on the easter egg hunt is, at the moment. He might be too busy to think of puzzles for us.

5. Pikselo

Pikselo Pangalactic Porcupine

Someone want to see Holytl armor?

6. DoomZero

DoomZero Zero Gravity Genie

If you mean a spritesheet of the hylotl armor, sure.
    If you mean that you've found the easter egg, absolutely.

AstroBlast likes this.
  7. Pikselo

8. Annoctatio

Where did you obtain this? >:F

9. Pikselo

Opera Next + Free Time + Character Creator = THIS!

Annoctatio likes this.
  10. Annoctatio

Ooh. Haven't heard about Opera Next. I'm using Opera at the moment. :p

But yeah, well done. :O

11. Zhyolskuniir

Zhyolskuniir Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, I noticed that head, and I've never even watched Doctor Who!
    :rofl:

12. Zarat

Zarat Void-Bound Voyager

That images are just the standard outfits reachable by pressing the buttons to cycle through. At those suggesting to look at the code or brute force the hashes, thats of no point. It's been explained a few times in these 1500 posts but here is again how the easter eggs work: you enter a name, the name is hashed into numbers, and then it looks up a folder with that number on the server. If that folder exists it takes the sheets for the easter egg outfit from there. They don't need to change the code, just have to add a folder on the server, so brute-forcing makes no sense because the folder doesn't exist until the devs add the easter egg. And obviously the server is configured to not give out a folder list, so you can't just ask it for the folders.

Guthrie28 likes this.
  13. Dorsidwarf

Dorsidwarf Subatomic Cosmonaut

Has anyone notcied the text in the latest screenshots?
    For those who havent, all but one of the latest posted screenies have the console spamming "It's just a jump to the left"in the chat.

[​IMG]
    Does anyone else think this might be chucklefish dropping the latest hint?

Bamseper likes this.
  14. Fill783

Fill783 Void-Bound Voyager

I think I'v seen it before in streams and such, I think its an inside joke within chucklefish about when the server does things like commands such as changing the time.

Dagorran, Mianso and MEWMEW like this.
  15. Skudge

Skudge Void-Bound Voyager

it's a reference to Rocky Horror Picture Show's Let's do the time warp again whenever they change the time in-game.

Dagorran likes this.
  16. RikSharp

RikSharp Pangalactic Porcupine

And here comes a necro 'cos the latest Starbound Chronicle is out.
    One thing jumped out at me, in the credits of the comic.
    The name "Aphid 3XR"

An Aphid is a small bug that eats the sap out of plants.
    A 3XR is a type of sweet pepper.

I feel that there could be something to this. Back to work people!

17. like00111

like00111 Zero Gravity Genie

Where is the chronicle? I can't find it.

18. Chompy

Chompy Cosmic Narwhal

It's not on the website yet for whatever reason. If you weren't subscribed then I don't know if you will be able to find it yet.

19. like00111

like00111 Zero Gravity Genie

I guess I should check my email then.

EDIT: Did it just come out today?

20. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

It wasn't too long of a necro, and I appreciate it because this is the first I've heard of this. It seems like it started in February though so shouldn't most if not all the hints already be out? Which means digging through a lot of old posts....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.