RELEASED Longevity: Dynamic NPC Clothing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Aristobulus

Aristobulus Void-Bound Voyager

This mod is definitely awesome and something that I wanted to be in the base game - it was really odd that characters never changed clothes for Summer and Winter in particular.

• Androxilogin

Androxilogin Giant Laser Beams

Is there an easy way to add new seasonal outfits to the mod if the character doesn't yet exist in the mod for testing? ie RT_Abigail_Beach

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Currently the naming of the files is just a convention to distinguish between custom .xnb files and base game .xnb files. (There is no way in v1.3.3 to add your own files)

In the next update you will be able to add your outfits to any of the triggers I have setup. The file convention to make this happen will be different than the current; I will go over that more when it is finished.

As for custom NPCs, I'm not sure at this current point in time.

Did I answer your question?

Androxilogin likes this.
        • Androxilogin

Love this mod idea and the fact you plan to leave room for personal customization. But one more thing- will this work on new locations as well? I'm sorry if this question was already asked.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I'm assuming you mean locations created/managed through 'ALL'? Most likely not right now; possibly in the future though.

I will do my best make adjustments and expand support between this mod and others as wanted/needed by those that use it.

Minakie likes this.
            • Androxilogin

Regardless, awesome stuff.

RTGOAT likes this.
              • Tewth

Tewth Aquatic Astronaut

I've been using the mod now for close to a week(?) and it seems to be working great! I gotta say the tax hurts quite a bit, but adds a nice challenge xD

Great work so far, I crave more outfits and am looking forward to the next update!

RTGOAT likes this.
                • Yaushibee

Yaushibee Subatomic Cosmonaut

What a wonderful mod idea! I'm really looking forward to seeing this completed. I'd offer up to do some edits for George, Evelyn, Pam, and maybe a few other less popular NPC but I need to learn how to edit sprites for this game first haha. Once I do figure it out, I'll see what I can come up with. :)

• IronZelly

IronZelly Void-Bound Voyager

Poor Penny could use some love, so if I find the time, I might pitch in a sprite sheet (and portrait) or two. X3
                    I'm also aiming to commit to making Sebastian another outfit at some point as well (mainly cause I was already making an alt Sebastian appearance mod on the side anyway). :iswydt:

FantabulousFelix likes this.
                    • Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Evelyn and George are adorable, specially granny, hehe. I think they're available but it have to be confirmed by RTGOAT. Editing sprites is really easy, you need xnb node to extract and pack the png images. Sorry I can't give you more information now, I'm writing this at work! Oh, how rebelious I am! :rofl: Well, you can search the xnb node, the creator explains how it works better than I could do.
                      Anyway if you don't want to be extracting the files I can provide you the images you needed, I have all villagers portraits and sprites already extracted.

Yaushibee and RTGOAT like this.
                      • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, currently no one is working on anything for George, Evelyn, Pam. I'll reserve these NPCs to you once I get confirmation that you have work in progress for them.

Same goes for Penny and Sebastian (Though I do have some clothing edits for Sebastian and a hair color change, but there is still definitely room for more).

• jacknurse

jacknurse Void-Bound Voyager

I just realised that I'm using a modded Pam (by moirgane), so with this mod my Pam would necessarily have to revert to her old self. TT_TT Too bad.

• Yaushibee

Alright, I figured out how to extract the files and here is what I have for George. I didn't make anything for fall for him but I figured his default outfit worked well enough for that. I'll save doing the portraits for later, since I know they'll take much more time (I've become very rusty when it comes to pixel art).

GeorgeSpring.png
                            Spring. I went with magenta pants as a break from his usual color pallete. I also gave him suspenders!
                            GeorgeSummer.png
                            Summer. I hope the sandals look ok? If not, I can fix them.
                            GeorgeWinterInside.png
                            Winter (Inside). Just a blanket thrown over his lap. Could be used for fall as well when he is outside I suppose!
                            GeorgeWinter.png GeorgeWinter2.png
                            Winter 1&2. I couldn't decide which I liked better. Perhaps the beanie one could be for winter in general and the other for the festivals.

I'll likely work on Pam next, since I think Evelyn will be trickier to come up with outfits for. Thanks for having me be a part of this project! Just working on the ones for George was a lot of fun. :)

By the way, Ailin, I love all the ones you've done for Jas! I think my favorite is the raincoat one with the hood up. It's super cute!

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

Omg grumpy George looks adorable with that Winter beanie xD

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

OMG I LOVE the suspenders! He looks great!
                                The sandals are ok I guess, you can feel the summer looking at him!
                                The winter hats are adorable, he looks like a gnome with the red one :rofl: I personally like the brown one for winter and the red one for winterstar as the color red is typical at christmas. Maybe can be added a dialoge of him sayin that his wife gave him that hat but he's freezing anyway and wants to go home or something. He sounds like Ebenezer Scrooge at festivals or it's just me? Just came to my mind (maybe would be a nice cosplay for him :v)

Oh, and thanks, I'm happy you like my edits! I'm working on spirit's eve costume now, but still don't know when it will be finished because I'm going to be busy this weekend... but next week, no doubt. :)

• Yaushibee

Hehe, the beanie was inspired by an old man I saw at work one time who was wearing a beanie that stood straight up (instead of having it folded down over his ears). It was the epitome of grandpa fashion. :rofl:

Thank you, I'm glad to hear he looks ok! It's been such a long time since I edited any sprites, I was worried they wouldn't turn out well. I like your idea for having the red beanie for the Winter Star Feast instead! It definitely fits better with the holiday color schemes. George really is a scrooge whenever you talk to him at festivals though. I was tempted to give him a lei to wear during the Luau since his dialogue is so grouchy at it but I figured he's suffered enough as it is haha.

I look forward to seeing what costume you end up giving her! I'm sure whenever you find the time to get it done, it'll be adorable! :)

Also, while I'm here, I worked on Pam's winter and summer outfits a bit today too. I'm liking the idea I have going for summer (or Spring?) but I don't think I like the color scheme I went with for winter.. tell me what you guys think. Should I change it or leave the dark colors?
                                  summerpammaybe.png
                                  PamWinter.png

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I like it and I don't mind the dark color scheme.
                                    Each villager is different and not anyone can use vibrant colors all year long like Jas. :p

Speaking of colors, I'd like to see someone using a dark orange jacket and maybe someone with a yellow raincoat and those iconic rainboots xD

And has anyone thought what will come of poor Linus yet?

• IronZelly

IronZelly Void-Bound Voyager

Maybe he dons a large bear pelt during the winter. :fusrodah:

ViolentQuiche likes this.
                                      • Ganesh4

Ganesh4 Void-Bound Voyager

anyone working on abigail yet? also is it possible to use abigail from this mod? personally i prefer the old abigail than the current one it would be great if someone make dynamic clothing for old abigail

• Aristobulus

Aristobulus Void-Bound Voyager

I have to say that I do think a mod that markets itself as just different clothing, should not alter the appearances of the characters from their vanilla designs. It should be those designs just in different clothes.

If we're going to do things like change their designs to earlier versions, change their hair colors, genders, whatever, then I strongly think that should be like, a separate version of the mod. I'm not against doing it, just don't do it in place of vanilla designs, and force people to change designs just to get different clothes.

ViolentQuiche likes this.