RELEASED Longevity: Dynamic NPC Clothing

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Oct 29, 2016.

1. Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

You could add a spoiler to the first post linking to all the NPC's that were already done, so that any people wanting to collaborate knows which ones are still left to go. It's easy to find them for now, but it may come in handy once the thread has more posts. ;)

lilrosaleen likes this.
    • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I'll release them as they are finished 1 by 1!

As of right now, not a single artist has come through 100% with any NPC's.
      Lots of unexpected issues with those I've spoke to.

• Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I thought the examples linked were finished. What does an NPC need to be complete?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I could use the one I posted initially; however, the creator said that they wanted to do a bit more with it (touch ups and stuff).
          Since this a group project, I have to be mindful of my artists with their work and when they're ready to showcase.

Clothing sets for any particular NPC will be annouced as released when both I and the artist for it are ready to.

Currently I have no restrictions on which NPCs can be played.

• GrayFox22

GrayFox22 Void-Bound Voyager

I had been working on something like this as a little side project for myself but never had the knowledge need to complete it. I do most of my coding in c++ so I am still getting used to c# as well as the Stardew game code. Still I thought I would put it up and get some feedback on how on/off track I was (more than likely off than on).

https://github.com/GrayFoxMods/NPC-Seasonal-Model-Change

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

not to far off track, but that was mainly in the details rather then the basics, and those details are where most of us repeat modders kinda are so used to how stardew works we usually dont even notice them anymore :p

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah I started off with c++; this is almost complete. If you want more details feel free to send me a PM.
                I would be happy to answer any questions.

• Boneberry

Boneberry Space Spelunker

OP, if you have applications open for Sebastian or Elliot's clothing, I'm applying.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

I have someone who is currently doing some work with Elliot.
                    NPCs can have as much clothing as the community provides; I just need to make sure that none of the clothing ideas conflict.
                    (After I get the art release for it we can discuss doing more clothing for Elliot)

Sebastian is good to go if you would like to do something for him!

IronZelly and Boneberry like this.
                    • Boneberry

Yay! :D
                      In that case, I'll release one preview on Thursday, let me brainstorm for a bit.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Take your time!

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Oh, this sounds really cool! It will be great if ConcernedApe adds something like this in some update. Meanwhile, it's also cool see what the community can do!
                          Maybe... different clothes for each season, rainy days, swimsuits, and... maybe for festivals? it can be posible...? I mean, formal clothes on the feast of the winterstar, halloween costumes on spirit's eve... those kind of things, could be done?

I'm curious about this, you'll make it work with this SMAPI thing, right? I read something about it but have no idea about how it works, so it's a pitty, probably I will not be able to use this mod... At least until I learn how to use SMAPI xD

anyway, the point! If you're still looking for help, I'll be happy to help you! just give me a work and I'll do my best ^-^

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

Yes, I can do all of those things and more!

It will be a SMAPI mod which is very simple to use! (literally just dragging files to the right spot)
                            I can do a more in depth tutorial if needed; although I'm certain that there are plenty already out there.

You're more than welcome to help. Just send me a PM of which NPCs you're looking to make clothing for and how/when you want that clothing to show.

eemie likes this.
                            • Boneberry

@RTGOAT Back here to show up some brainstorm.

Not sure if this is any original, or if the designs all have coats. Also afraid this would clash with a mod that has Sebastian using his vanilla hood up, yet one can figure it'd be his thing. I'm also planning to add some more "cosplay", cybergoth and biker stuff to his looks, but for now this is all I can show, mostly to see if people like it. Also experimenting adding gloves for Winter version.

Attached Files:

Roth, FantabulousFelix, Beon and 8 others like this.
                              • Minakie

Minakie Cosmic Narwhal

I like it but I'd like to suggest that you make 2 versions of the sprites: one with the hood up and gloves (for when he's outside) and another with no gloves and the hood down (for when he's inside buildings), as someone else suggested on the 1st page. Although that will also depends on how the mod works.

Also, shouldn't you save the "cybergoth" stuff for Abigail? :p

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

Looks really nice! the only problem is he saying: "Cold? Nah, I never get cold." it's like, well, nice, because you have a problem if you're cold wearing that coat :v
                                  but damn, I really like the design! it's just I think it won't fit him, whom apparently is half-penguin or something xD maybe just a jacket will fit him better and maybe the gloves are excesive, just my opinion, though :)

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

The artwork looks great! Leave it up to me to make sure that your work translates into the game properly!
                                    What you're describing is no issue!

Yes indoor and outdoor versions are great! I'll leave that decision making up to the artists though!

I don't ever really get cold irl, but if its cold outside, I'll still wear some protective clothing. I'm not about to roll in the snow with a t-shirt!

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

you've got a point there! xD

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@shane train 22

Some clothing work for Elliott by shane train 22 has finished and been added to the clothing mod.

shane train 22 has specified his intended times for this clothing set for Elliott.

(Clothing Elliott wears during the Summer season only)
                                        (Sprite)
                                        [​IMG]
                                        (Portrait)
                                        [​IMG]

(Portrait change for Elliott's winter clothing; Sprite remains default)
                                        [​IMG]

Well done, and big thanks to shane train 22 for his work!
                                        Give him some feedback if you have any!

Roth, FantabulousFelix, Beon and 10 others like this.
                                        • Boneberry

@RTGOAT Kudos to the artist, Elliot looks nice. If anything, the shirt could be more open and show some of his muscles

I'm not making art for Abigail, only saying this so OP knows.

You guys have no idea, I was going for an open badass coat until I've noticed it was too overwhelming. Sebastian is dramatic, but not that over the top about his presence.
                                          I called cybergoth because I don't know what that'd be... Urban Goth? I'm lost, there are too many Goth ways. Well, sticking to biker style, more Sebastian-like and less... Well, more Sebastian-like, that's what matters.

To whoever said it'd be a little pointless to have Sebastian in winter clothing, I've seen goth/dark people wearing black winter clothing in mid-summer.
                                          Granny: Don't you get sweaty in all that clothing?
                                          Goth guy wearing a black coat: My heart is cold, ma'am.

FantabulousFelix and Minakie like this.