RELEASED Longevity v1.3->v1.4 (w/DNPCC)

Discussion in 'Mods' started by RTGOAT, Dec 31, 2016.

1. mytigio

mytigio Intergalactic Tourist

Hi RTGoat,

Quick question. I see the 4 options in the config file and I wanted to confirm what features "Price_Balance" impacts exactly.

Essentially, the only aspect I was hoping to disable is the random daily fluctuation (I love the diminishing returns and the taxes and the overall more expensive seeds, etc, but the a random daily fluctuation seems odd to me).

A second question, does the DR of a product also impact artisan versions of that product (aka: does selling 100,000 blueberries have any impact on the price of blueberry jam or blueberry wine?). I recall in the original Longevity release that seasonal price variance impacted artisan goods as well, so I wasn't sure if this was the same.

Edit: I just reread your post and see the answer to my final question, sorry about that.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@mytigio

Price balance is anything that alters item prices (balance, influencers, DR, etc).

Balance changes are tied together because the intention of this mechanic is to provide a more balanced game-play experience.

To give some insight to the daily fluctuation:
      It is random, but the odds of favorable prices are lower than the odds of unfavorable prices.
      This gives incentive to hold produce for those potential benefits. Then again if too much produce is held, DR will be more impactful against the player.

Daily fluctuation may not seem like a huge deal at this current time, but it will play into more complex mechanics to come in the future.

(I see you found it already, but just to make sure it is fully clear for you and anyone else):
      As for your second question, selling blueberries will contribute to DR of blueberry jelly and wine and vise versa.
      Seasonal price variance for artisan goods rely on the product used to create them (blueberry jelly has an in season of summer for ex).

To put it most simply, artisan goods will share balance properties of the items that created them.
      This goes for current mechanics as well as future mechanics.

• Aveloren

Aveloren Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am definitely interested in this possibility.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

PROGRESS REPORT:

@Aveloren I have contacted the author of EvenMoreCrops mod about a possible annex.

Currently in the development of DNPCC:
          • Creating a file system to allow users full control over clothing change triggers. (How to use this will be explained at release)
          • Eagerly awaiting more content from our awesome artists. (This content as well as current content will be used as a default to the mod)
          *NOTE: While I'm happy to provide control and customization for DNPCC, features connected to DNPCC will only support default content.

Currently in the development of Longevity:
          • Balance changes to fishing
          • Rebalancing stamina changes (tool stamina usage will be changed, and stardrop's stamina increases will be reduced)
          • A new unique class of item that will derive from fruit tree produce as a unique investment style focus (More on this later, as it will start the foundation for a really special mechanic I'll note below)
          *NOTE: Longevity balance changes have been doing really well (better than expected from my perspective).
          While the current development is quite small at this time, there are some bigger picture features in planning phase.

Currently in planning:
          • I want to implement an interactive financing book that will store a menu system to display the current and future implemented economical factors, as well as, the player's finance information.
          • I'm looking to create a new system of dialogue that will not only add dialogue to the game, but also how and when it is delivered to give a fuller interactive experience with NPCs.
          • My favorite and most anticipated mechanic to come, business competition. This mechanic is planned to be really complex and will connect to existing features. (More on this later)

IronZelly and foghorn like this.
          • Aveloren

First off, wow I need this in my life. Amazing work, thank you for all the time you are investing into this.

You've mentioned a file system for clothing as well as content from artist. Reading through previous comments there seems to be interest in using other sprites/portrait mods. Would the file system be used to mix and match these? On a related note, do you plan on making possible patches later on for the more popular and involved sprites and portraits?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Aveloren The file system will pull every piece of custom clothing, from custom to default.

You'll have an easier time understanding it at release. I'll be sure to go in as much depth as possible.

I don't quite understand what you mean by patching for popular sprites/portraits.

Aveloren likes this.
              • Aveloren

I guess what I was getting at with regards to "patching in" is, creation of a seasonal set to match what you have made for the current release, but with other popular sprite and portrait designs from the community. It struck me as you mentioned you are working with community artists.

I am looking forward to the next release!

RTGOAT likes this.
                • Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

I'm needing a bit of help... my game is giving me an error and crashing when going to sleep, but it's weird, it suddenly happened, but just with my new save. I'm in year 1, 7th of spring (I started this file with all the mods I currently have installed). I tasted with my old save, where I'm in year 3, 23rd of summer and when I went to sleep days passed without problem (I started it without mods). I don't think it will be a problem of your mod, mostly because I just have the NPCClothig activated, but, well, I don't know...
                  I have GetDressed, PersiaMod and the TrainerMod which came with SMAPI
                  error.JPG
                  Ah, and a custom Jojamart event, which changes the Town.xnb from the events folder. I saw the event just with the new save, but it's not a SMAPI mod.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2017
                  • RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@Ailin

Honestly, it could be a million different things to do with dialogue.
                    I would have a better answer for you, but I don't really know how those other mods interact with the game.

My mod doesn't do anything with dialogue (yet).
                    Maybe try to take it to a standalone thread for more eyes to see.

• Ailin

Ailin Title Not Found

@RTGOAT Oh, I see, then if the only problem is with dialogue it must be PersiaMod. I'll try to contact the creator, thanks for your help!

RTGOAT likes this.
                      • demideerling

demideerling Void-Bound Voyager

Is there a way to have everything except diminished returns? I know in the config you can just put false for "price balancing" but I don't really mind the actual. price balancing. The diminished returns was just one part of the update that I didn't really want. Should I just download Longevity 1.2 instead?

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@demideerling

Earlier versions of longevity are not publicly available.
                          I do not currently have intentions for breaking up price balance's mechanics.

As these features become more and more complex, so does balancing and predicting the influence they have on overall game-play.

I'm fairly curious as to why you're interested in other price balancing mechanics, but not DR.
                          I welcome your more detailed feedback!

• demideerling

demideerling Void-Bound Voyager

Oh its okay then! I'm fine with having it around if that's the case. It's mostly because, while I do want the game to be harder for me, I still like the ability to sell things in bulk like Blueberries or Cranberries and not have to worry about over selling them or anything. I just prefer the lower or fluctuating price for all crops as opposed to keeping track on what crops to sell or not.

Granted do you think you could explain more what diminished returns entails?

• yarpirate0920

yarpirate0920 Aquatic Astronaut

Still so happy there's a mod like this out for Stardew Valley. It's nice to have a challenge.

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@demideerling

DR is meant to create incentive to diversify what you grow.
                                DR is also a key feature that provides foundation for a more complex economy that will be introduced later on.

Even at max DR you still receive profits. (Just not as much)

DR is more effective on crops that reproduce yields (ex: blueberries); this helps to provide a much needed nerf against these crops.

There is a lot of behind the scenes math that I've done outside of code to generate a good balance.
                                If you enjoy the challenge from balance changes, trust that I only look to improve it, and that it is best to run all mechanics together.

In the future I look to create some diverse menus that you can access to help keep track of these economical changes.

@yarpirate0920

Thanks for the shared interest.
                                Great things to come! Keep an eye out :)

Aveloren and xangria like this.
                                • joykiller91

joykiller91 Astral Cartographer

OH, I have a feeling I'm going to love this! Have been looking for something like this. :D

Makes it realistic and harder! Yey. This will go well hopefully with the RelationshipEnhanced mod! Thanks lots~

Question though since before I stumbled upon this...
                                  1. I've been using edited xnb files of Blueprints, CraftingRecipe, ObjectInformation, and Bundles will that in anyway interfere with this? (I don't know how mods work with the xnb files..if ever..)
                                  Like my Blueprints have more resources needed and expensive prices...Craftings need more resources. ObjectInformation prices are cut in half-ish. Bundles ask for more items and yield different rewards.

2. Is this compatible with the Replanter mod? (Coz I'm sometimes lazy and just want to pay someone to plant for me haha...so buying new seeds becomes automated...not really sure about the nitty gritty)
                                  Lol maybe you could incorporate that into your mod instead with included Labor Tax :)))

3. or the Animal Sitter mod?
                                  Over selling animal produce...or animals? Coz I'm more of a rancher than a farmer.

4. Is this compatible with the CJB Show price mod?

Sorry I currently can't check myself. Can't play my game. Sorry for the trouble~

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

I use both AnimalSitter and Replanter with this mod installed and so far I have not encountered any issues. I can't speak for the rest though since I do not have them installed.

• joykiller91

Ah~ well I don't mind using the vanilla xnb files if ever my game crashes or I pay crazy thousands for a seed with 0 profit, lol. At least AnimalSitter and Replanter works. Yey. Alright. Thanks for the reply :D

• RTGOAT

RTGOAT Cosmic Narwhal

@joykiller91 glad to see your excitement! :)

1) Xnb edits won't interrupt the interaction my mod has with them. However, v1.4 or v1.5 will have xnb edits as I plan to annex the 'morecropsmod' which uses xnb edits.
                                        'morecropsmod' will be optional; if you have xnb mods that will conflict, you can disable MCM.
                                        2) Most mods will work nicely with Longevity (I did my best to make it as compatible as possible).

3) Selling animals is not part of DR, but their products are.

4) CJB Show price mod I believe will work with Longevity (My pricing changes the object's properties that CJB SPM reads from, so it should work all the same)
                                        -I also plan to add my own standalone show price mod to Longevity in the future :)

I would be willing to work with any mods that conflict with Longevity.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

• joykiller91

@RTGOAT :catsparkle:

I finally got to test a bit. My xnb file's crashing the Replanter. hahaha. Kay, going to use clean ones I guess :p so with the clean one my replanter is buying my Parsnip seeds at 20g. Tsk tsk Pierre's selling it to me at 24-26 but giving discounts to my hired hand. :avalilol: I also opted to use LookupAnything mod instead of the CJB. Seem to be working okay~ the prices vary. Yey~

Domo Arigatou!