Dynamic Fog of War

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Howitzer, Mar 26, 2017.

1. Howitzer

Howitzer Seal Broken

I have simple suggestion that, as far as I know, hasn't made its way into tactics games yet.

Instead of having entire maps be either fog of war or not, have maps that have areas or times with FoW.
    For example, part of a map may be covered in literal fog that would make it a FoW area. Another example is to have the FoW come and go with a weather or day/night system.

It seems like the game is pretty far along, so incorporating this into main campaigns my not be possible. However, I would very much like to see this sort of option be incorporated into the game; at least for the map editor.

Nth likes this.
    • Xacris

Xacris Pangalactic Porcupine

I feel like I have seen this feature in a game, but I couldn't tell you where I remember it from. Seems like a really cool idea though, to have specific areas in FoW, or have FoW come in like a weather condition. It'd be neat to have a commander that could call in FoW for a few turns as a power, similar to in Advance Wars when some of the commanders could cause snow or rain. I remember playing as the commander in AW2 that had huge advantages in FoW, but most maps didn't even use it, so much of her shtick was wasted