Duck Mayo worth 450g without artisan perk?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shiverwarp, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Shiverwarp

Shiverwarp Starship Captain

When shipping duck mayo, it's showing 450g on the day-recap amount. On the collections it's still showing 375 (Consistent with the wiki)

Any idea what the deal is?

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Was it exactly 450g? And do you have Coopmaster or Shepherd? It could be that Rancher is affecting it. Since 375*1.2=450. This isn't the only thing that Rancher is now affecting since the update. Cloth price is affected by Rancher perk now too, at least if you have Shepherd.

• Shiverwarp

All I have is Rancher. I guess that must be it.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Interesting. I wonder if any other converted products are being affected by Rancher now. I don't have a coop anymore, or anything other than sheep so I can't really test it myself.

• Akanaro

Akanaro Great Scott!

Since Rancher increases the base price of animal products and Artisan product prices are calculated on base price you will see a price increase in Artisan goods made from animal products if you have the Rancher profession.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

That may be what's going on now. It certainly wasn't that way before 1.1. Still needs tested across all animal products though.

• Shiverwarp

Confirming for all products from the Mayonnaise machine, Rancher increases the value by 20%

[​IMG]

nevyn21 likes this.
                • nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Good to know. Thanks for checking the sale values! So it does appear that Rancher is applying it's bonus to the base value of the items and thus raising the value of the final products.

• ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

It's just a shame that every single one of those products are worth more with Artisan, though. Still makes Rancher completely worthless since you never sell raw animal products.

• nevyn21

nevyn21 Cosmic Narwhal

Nope, never. I never sell 10-20 Iridium Wool a day for more than Cloth is worth with Artisan.

• Shiverwarp

Not sure I follow your point here. I sell a large amount of pure animal products because I don't have the time or space to process them to artisan. I'm not playing a "Most get absolutely the most income" game, but I am attempting to get a decent amount of income, and optimize accordingly. Rancher has allowed me extra time where I don't need to make as many processing machines, and don't have to spend as much time processing items. This (At least in the way I'm playing the game) has allowed me to spend more of my day doing artifact hunting/mining/fishing/talking to and gifting villagers. I'm more interested in the completionism than getting max profit.

I think Rancher is in a pretty good place balance wise, especially with the way it's also buffing artisan products.

WilliamZ likes this.
                        • ShneekeyTheLost

ShneekeyTheLost Master Astronaut

It's not like there's a whole lot of resource investment to process everything you get out of a building. You have, at absolutely most, a dozen items a day per deluxe barn to process. That's nothing.

Processing takes no time at all. Collect your goods, run by your row of machines, have your goods out, and they're processing. Now go do something else while it processes.

• Shiverwarp

I guess I'm just unoptimized then. I don't even have the level required for Artisan anyway. My coop is super crowded, and currently I only have a single mayo machine inside. I'd have to move them out somewhere, but then my inventory gets crowded and I have to do some extra running around.