1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Traditional Drew my Novakid

Discussion in 'Art' started by Flannel, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Flannel

Flannel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Unfortunately, I didn't realize it was an anatomical trainwreck until AFTER I took the picture, and I was too lazy to go over it and fix it. Oh well. i tried. novakids are hard to draw

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I really need to practice drawing them more, it's harder for me since they don't have a face or... Really hair to help get some sort of midway point.

obligatory disclaimer: just because i said i need to practice more, it does NOT mean i'll draw your novakids. unless if i want to. but assume it's an automatic no.

2. Magic Shmagic

Magic Shmagic Big Damn Hero

The horns are a nice touch, I like it.

3. Flannel

As soon as I saw the art I got my icon from, I absolutely had to get horns for my Novakid. theyre so good

4. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one who gives their novakid no brand, even though the magnetic brand is what holds them together.

5. Flannel

The brands are too wide for their face, imo, which makes it look bad...

6. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

it's a great (sketch? painting? drawing? art? yes, ART! [I'm no artist so i don't know what to define it as])art and it looks really cool. I fault you none, I just can't ever find a brand that looks right on them, no matter what brand I choose.

7. Flannel

If the brand didn't extend to the very edge of their face, it'd be a lot better, but eh.

8. Flannel

[​IMG]
    New doodle! ...No clue what happened to his legs.

9. Tuliup Man

Tuliup Man Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't worry, just remember Novakids have no bones or anything they could literally do this pose fine:
    upload_2017-3-13_13-55-28.png

10. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

It looks like a nice sketch, good job.