Modding Help Do's and Don'ts of reporting issues with SMAPI mods

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Entoarox, Oct 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etheereal

Etheereal Space Spelunker

Uh, yesterday i was playing the game fine after updating SMAPI to 1.9 , then when i tried to open today it broke. I originally tried to use different portraits, but because the game was throwing some fatal errors, i restored the portraits, but the 1.9 continues to get a fatal error. When i downgrade to 1.8 smapi will run with no issues, but at 1.9 it stops. Log attached below.

Thanks

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

close your browser and other applications while sdv is loading, unfortunately because it is a 32bit application, it has issues when your total memory use goes over 4gb....

• GlassArrow

GlassArrow Orbital Explorer

Hey, I've been working on my own mod that allows custom farm buildings. Essentially I'm making it so the user can define an npc as the craftsman and when they talk to them they get a carpenter menu just like robins, but instead has custom buildings that the user has added. I currently have 3 buildings that I use: the well and shed which are just dupes from the original game for basic testing and then I have the winery from this post: http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/winery-brewery-retexture-mod-assets-completed.114143/

I got the menu to work and can then choose the location where I want the building to be. After doing so, the animation for the building occurs and my debug log says I got through everything and that the building successfully started building. And then the game crashes due to something going on in SMAPI that I'm not quite understanding. I looked at the line of code it mentions and it doesn't really give me any clues. Let me know if you have an idea of what's going on. Not sure if it's something in my code that I messed up on or SMAPI. Thanks!

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

The map is trying to draw a tile that as far as the tilesheet knows does not exist.

GlassArrow likes this.
          • GlassArrow

GlassArrow Orbital Explorer

Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize there were 2 returnToCarpentryMenuAfterSuccessfulBuild() methods so it was trying to return to the wrong location. Stupid mistake on my part. haha

• xSnowLotusx

xSnowLotusx Void-Bound Voyager

I am trying to use this mod:
              http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/891/?tab=4&&navtag=http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/ajax/comments/?mod_id=891&page=1&sort=DESC&pid=0&thread_id=5328715&pUp=1

And I followed what is said and put the sipped back in the folder specified:
              [​IMG]
              https://gyazo.com/f9ca60d9b4c2baab6def8839e6a37ac2

But when I launch the game, I get this:
              [​IMG]
              https://gyazo.com/843742b0ab695d7a15fb315e314e90fa

I noticed when I downloaded the Seasonal Immersion it said it no longer needed to be zipped?
              But as I am rather clueless to things, I didn't want to mess with anything.

I am on SMAPI 1.9 and have the CJB Item Spawner as told....
              And to be honest, I just started modding my Stardew yesterday.
              So I am a newbie to all of this.

EDIT:
              I took a risk after making a backup copy, and unripped the file and placed its contents in a new folder named to match the zipped.
              Since then, everything has worked perfectly.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
              • Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

This is a known issue, but I havent had enough time to figure out what exactly causes it :(

• Inkweaver22

Inkweaver22 Phantasmal Quasar

So the new 1.2 update is live so I switched over to SMAPI 1.10 and updated the mods that had versions for it accordingly. Now whenever I try to hover over some items with my cursor the game crashes. I manged to get a screen-cap before the game shuts off and it appears that the item descriptions have something wrong with them. This happens with lots of different things but I'm guessing only with items that have longer descriptions.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

You have a broken xnb mod, verify your game files, 1.2 really messed stuff up >_<

Inkweaver22 likes this.
                    • Inkweaver22

Yeah I'm starting to see that. I verified the files, and then downloaded your latest Framework you just posted and now I get kick off before my file can even load.

Attached Files:

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

>_< I hate CF, they broke *everything* >_<

• Inkweaver22

Let's hope it's not this bad during the Multiplayer update....

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

it will likely be worse >_< simply because the multiplayer effects how the game functions a lot more then localization does...

• KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

Since the update to 1.2, when I open my inventory my game will sometimes crash and cause errors in SMAPI. I haven't got a clue what could be causing this.. Can someone point me in the right direction, or possible let me know how I can get you more information?

Edit: Some more information, I've updated all my SMAPI mods to the latest ver/1.2 patches. SMAPI is updated as well. I originally used Longevity/MCM but with 1.2 I replaced the crop.xnb tilesheets/data with the originals. This occurs on both new and old files, only when opening the inventory SOMETIMES. It can even happen on the first day right when I get out of bed. Can occur anywhere on the map.

Editedit: I see the person above me had the same issue. My bad!

THIS IS SO PAINFUL

Editeditedit: I replaced all my files with the default ones (recovered via steam integrity check), then individually reintroduced all the edited XNB files one by one (after unpacking them and verifying the .yaml was the same, which it was) and so far have not encountered this error again. I have no idea what actually caused it, but I haven't been able to make it reproduce. I will keep trying though.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
                              • KThxBye910

KThxBye910 Void-Bound Voyager

So, this is specifically an issue with the Data/ObjectInformation.xnb and it looks like everything else is ok. The format of the coding on that specific file was changed a tiny, tiny bit. Just a single word added per line.

• Oxyligen

Oxyligen Tentacle Wrangler

It seems the Exit to Title can lead to problems: The global variables in a Mod aren't reset. Anyway to recognize this Event?

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

Log please!

• Oxyligen

Oxyligen Tentacle Wrangler

I found a C# issue in combination with Exit to Title. I was asking how to deal with it.

• Ladysarajane

Ladysarajane Existential Complex

If what I think is happening is occurring, a log would confirm it. Please read the first post of this thread on how to post one. And the complete log, not just a snippet.

• Entoarox

Entoarox Oxygen Tank

Its under SaveEvents.

Oxyligen likes this.
                                          Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.