1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback don't spawn wood buildings on scorched or volcanic planets

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by General Nuclear, Jun 30, 2017.

1. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

its only annouying to find and to watch burn down the instant you find them

2. IonTichy

IonTichy Master Chief

actually, that sounds hillarious!

3. General Nuclear

it's not if you actually considering to move there.
    besides how come it that it haven't burnt down earlier or while they where building there.

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Why are you moving to a wooden house on a planet with embers?

5. General Nuclear

i never said i wanted to move in the wooden house i said i wanted to live on the planet without having to watching my neighbors home burning down next to me because they are idiots who somehow manged to build a wooden house on a burning planet and i don't want to rebuild a fireproof home out of there now ruined homes to them because i'm not even don with my own home there.

this is fine.png

Last edited: Jul 17, 2017
  6. IonTichy

IonTichy Master Chief

You could always install sprinklers :)

General Nuclear likes this.
  7. General Nuclear

why dos your avatar fit with all your comments? xD

8. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

One reason I terraformed a scorched planet; so my Hylotl surface dwellers would not have to worry about fire rain. It is now a jungle planet. My Floran colony is just below the surface, with a Hylotl colony above, and a naturally generating Hylotl town just a little ways away from the canyon. Although I really aught to rid the planet surface of lava... if there is any left. Did the terraforming when that update first came out. :nurutease:

So my community does not burn on those planets. Handy feature. :nuruwink:

9. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

Jesus Christ why would you have hylotl and florans living on the same planet 0.0
    that's the absolute worst thing that could happen

10. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Scorched doesn't have embers, but otherwise I agree. The worst part is is that the glitch who actually appear on volcanic extra often have extremely flammable towns (straw roofs!). The castles mosty survive but the towns get pretty much annihilated. I mean, I know the glitch are... glitchy but wood and straw buildings on a world where it rains fire every couple days? That's just crazy, how are they even standing when you arrive?

11. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Well, it is a peaceful empire... that I am building one planet at a time. Besides if worse comes down to it, it would be food source. I have no guff against the hylolt and floran being near each other. :nurutease:

12. florinblain

florinblain Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree, whenever I encounter a Glitch settlement or whatever on a Volcanic planet it's always a 'wtf' moment that kind of takes me out of the game, usually followed by a rather angry moment when a cinder storm burns the place down and I get blamed for it. These settlements should just be built from nonflammable materials on planets with cinder storms. And for planets with meteorite showers... I have no idea, doesn't really make much sense for any settlements to exist on those places at all, the first time a meteorite shower occurs it just decimates the entire settlement and kills everyone.

13. Ndrellik

Ndrellik Void-Bound Voyager

Lol yes, I learned the hard way...

14. Gokajern

Gokajern Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nevermind the fact that when you walk around the destruction auto-picking up stuff, the survivors will attack you.

15. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Maybe some space communities make poor decisions. did you ever think of that, @General Nuclear ? :)

16. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

The first time I was on a volcanic planet I found an old Hylotl palace, it was actually kinda fun exploring as the building slowly burned down due to the flaming rain, it gave it kind of an "Indiana Jones" feel to it :rofl: