Modding Discussion Does Prairie King Mod Allow Achievement?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by NikkSword, May 4, 2016.

1. NikkSword

NikkSword Pangalactic Porcupine

I downloaded the PrairieKingMadeEasy Mod, and beat the game, but I did not get the achievement for actually beating the game, and did not get the achievement for not dying and beating the game, but I DID get the Arcade Console for beating the game. Does anyone know if the Mod allows the achievement? (I did all 4 options, so I had 99 lives, 99 coins- Maybe that prevented the achievement from unlocking?)

Ghostly Fox likes this.
    • taintedwheat

taintedwheat Master Astronaut

Are you loading the game through steam?

I used the mod the day before yesterday and got the achievement.

• NikkSword

I loaded the game through the Stardew Modding API to create the config file, then I edited the Config File but couldn't get it to work for the normal game when I load it . I used the StardewValeyMod.exe and it looked like it loaded through Steam. AM I doing something wrong or missing a step?

• SKKN

SKKN Big Damn Hero

I was able to get the achievement with this mod, no error or problem. Delete the mod and reinstall the mod again. And only config the part to fast-fire and god-mode.

• TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

This mods does still allow for achievements, but using SMAPI by default does not.
            There is a line you can add to your steam launch options to re-enable achievements when launching from SMAPI

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%

The entire line, quotes and all, but with the correct path for your exe.

NikkSword likes this.
            • NikkSword

This worked! Thank you very much!

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

That's odd. I use SMAPI and I've never had any trouble getting achievements. Granted I use SMAPI for convenience features and not really incredibly cheaty ones. That said, I did use it to cheat at Prairie King, because I suck at that game and I wanted that sweet Abigail FP damn it. Then I decided to just go ahead and beat the game to see the ending. I didn't even know there was an achievement until it popped up telling me I got one. d:

• TheUnartist

TheUnartist Pangalactic Porcupine

That is odd. From my understanding, Steam has no way of recognizing that Stardew is running when launched thru SMAPI which is why it doesn't grant achievements. Are you sure you are getting steam achievements and not just the in-game ones? I made that mistake at first and assumed my mods weren't interfering, now I am missing many of the early game steam achieves.

I actually didn't have that hard a time beating Prairie King, but I wouldn't have been able to get the achieve for beating it with no deaths without the cheat mod.
                  Wish someone would come up with a junimo kart mod. Can't seem to ever get past level 6...

• sheetcakeghost

sheetcakeghost Weight of the Sky

They're def steam achievements. I can see them on my steam profile right now.

[​IMG]

• NikkSword

As above, I had to force Steam to load Stardew Valley by telling it to launch from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stardew Valley\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command%.

Before I did that, I got the home console for Prairie King, but not the achievements, meaning the game recognized I beat the game, but I was not connected to Steam for Steam to recognize I beat the game.

Once I launched the game from the path above, it connected to Steam and allowed me to get the achievements

• freakyitten

freakyitten Space Hobo

The mod is working but i am not getting the archtivement. I already tried it 3 times, even with the .exe" %command% and it is still not working. Please help :/

• cat3052188

cat3052188 Space Hobo

Is this mod works in MAC? Tried several times haven't found the config named file.