1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Does any one know what this means/if it has any purpose? *possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Mood, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Mood

Mood Big Damn Hero

*Possible spoilers*

I was doing Erchius mining facility with a friend and just before the boss we managed to unlock a secret room. I found these strange letters on some wall there: [​IMG]

After doing some research it seems that the black pet cat used to be here pre-patch (?) but does the room have any purpose now?

Thank you.

2. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

It indeed used to be a room where you could find and capture a cat.

Currently the room has no function, the alien text on the wall reads "It will return" (its been translated :p). Unknown if "it" in the sentence is the cat or just a hint of the big bad guy in starbound (seems to be the tentacle monster shown in the ark).

I should also add that theres been numerous posts about this.

Mood likes this.
  3. Mood

Mood Big Damn Hero

Sorry for repeating the question - I thought this was added in yesterdays patch. Thank you Garatgh Deloi!

4. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Yes and no.

The room was yes, or rather that area was modified/changed to what it is now.

Before it would be a little different, and have a cat that you could capture for a pet, and now it doesn't.

5. Elite Space Hobo

Elite Space Hobo Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't been there yet, can you use the wiring tool and see if those things are lit up by any switches, etc.?

In the old version, you triggered various hidden switches to light up all of them, then once lit, you could visit an area below with the cat.

6. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

It was added to nightly as is (and after that unstable) ages ago and have thus been noticed by the players a long time ago. But it might have been added to stable yesterday (unsure).

The room in the pic is the lower area you drop into. Used to contain the cat.

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

This is what it looks like. No wires in the room.

http://i.imgur.com/Ypqf2HR.png

8. Elite Space Hobo

Elite Space Hobo Void-Bound Voyager

I can't wait to find out what it gets used for!

9. Chrillzilla

Chrillzilla Big Damn Hero

That formation at the lower end looks like the eye again, therefore i think the "it will return" markings refer to the tentacle alien thing. Could be a cat's eye but i can't imagine that be true :kitten2:

10. Killerskullcat

Killerskullcat Space Hobo

I think it could just be any generic eye cause look at the way the room is built it looks like a basic drawn fish or whale of some sort or at least thats what i see in the buildings shape.

11. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

Try clicking on the magnifying glass and clicking on it, that will prompt your character to say a brief statement about it, but it varies between races.

12. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Since this thread got necroed, I guess I better break out my old copy/paste on this:

It is very clearly a tentacle eye, at the links above you can see that the same tentacle eye is repeated in at least a dozen different places. (including on several tentacle monsters themselves)

All possible racial descriptions are at the first link above. (Though if you meant clicking on the eye.. those are just ancient blocks, you would only get the description of the blocks.)

13. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

The language looks pretty simple since one letter just stands for a letter of the English alphabet, but I still wonder how they decoded it.

14. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Described and linked to here:
    But here are the direct links for you:
    • Most of the page here
    • Shazbot's comment here

The MechE likes this.