Do you typically get everyone up to max hearts?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alphapharmer, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Alphapharmer

Alphapharmer Subatomic Cosmonaut

i just can't help it. I don't want to leave anyone else. I trypicall focus on around 5 or 6 people at a time and make sure to gift them every week until they get all the way up. I usually start with all the single people and the go to work on the older folk.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yep. I've only completed it on my first save, but I intend to every time. Just to 8 for the singles, except for the one I'm going after, of course.

I start with the ones I like best / who are most convenient. I'm doing a no-gifts-outside-of-birthdays run on one save and it hasn't been as slow as I'd figured.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Eventually, yes. So far I've only taken the single characters I don't intend to marry to 8 though, but everyone else is usually at 10 by the time I'm wrapping up year 2.

I don't really start focusing on friendship until year 2 though, when I've had time to stabilize and get some money coming in. I can be a little more generous with gifts when I've had time to actually build up a reserve.

Minimanta likes this.
        • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

Definitely. I even give all the marriage folks the bouquet so I can get to the 10-hearts, then I marry one... after... so they don't get all upset.

Interestingly though, on this game I married Penny, but still need to get a few to max hearts. So far, out of the four people I've married in various saves (Leah, Maru, Haley & Penny), Penny is the only one that has never gotten mad at me giving anyone else a gift. Very odd.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

How good is that coming along? Because I'm thinking of starting that on year 2 on my save.

• Seismothesaurus

I did it so that I'd be able to see more dialogue at all heart levels, and for that reason, I've enjoyed it. Seems like a more natural progression of friendship than dunking gifts on people and running away. It's nice to not have to worry about preparing gifts all the time as well. (I did let myself give one per week to Abby because I'm marrying her.)

The only major issue has been Krobus because there can be a problem activating his dialogue rather than his store. I couldn't figure any other way around it, so I've just started gifting him. Sandy I also gift just because I feel bad for her being lonely out there and it's not a place I swing by all the time.

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Too lazy. :rofl:

• LuthienNightwolf

I have the Krobus dialogue issue as well, he's always one of the last to reach 10 hearts because I can't talk to him every day, only give gifts. Does anyone know if there's a fix for it?

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Well no that's perfect! I hated always gathering gifts each week times 2. It's nice having that buffer zone between birthdays and a natural friendship progression to see those heart levels. Very good idea.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                    • _jdaco

_jdaco Space Hobo

Without giving gifts, can I raise hearts by just talking to villagers daily?

• LuthienNightwolf

Yes. You get points for talking to them.

• Seismothesaurus

It's +20 points per day for just talking (with a couple of exceptions) and each heart needs 250 points. Here are details on the Wiki if you're interested.

Personally I also do the fetch quests from the bulletin board and mailbox.

_jdaco likes this.
                          • LadySurly

LadySurly Void-Bound Voyager

I focus on a few villagers at a time too. Normally poor George, Evelyn and the kids are the last to get many hearts!

• Minimanta

Minimanta Spaceman Spiff

Yep, I max them on all my saves.

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I max out everyone over time. Each villager get's one of the best gifts on her/his/it's birthday and I do jobboard quests. When I feel like it or got a flower harvest, I go to town and gift some things to certain people and every other villager is gifted a gold or silver star flower. At the end of year 2 around 1/2 to 3/4 of the village is maxed out.
                                Linus, Robin and my spouse are usually the first at ten hearts.

• Pyrofish

Pyrofish Starship Captain

I hate Demetrius and Linus, so no.

• _jdaco

_jdaco Space Hobo

Oh ok, thanks!

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I have the same issue too!! Only the day after I loaded the game (e.g. loaded on Spring 20, then sleep and on Spring 21) I can talk to him from then on.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
                                      • ChaosAzeroth

ChaosAzeroth Existential Complex

Nope only the ones I care about. Always Krobus.

• Charity322

Charity322 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've never got the kids up to full hearts. Jas saying things like do I know you or I'm not supposed to talk to strangers makes me feel like a pervert.

wronghandle and ChaosAzeroth like this.