WIP Diverse Stardew - Unofficial Continuation (UPDATED 1.5, 07/01/21)

Discussion in 'Portraits' started by SarahSyna, Oct 4, 2016.

1. SarahSyna

SarahSyna Subatomic Cosmonaut

UPDATE 07/0121

Content Pack updated for 1.5, and community edit variants added to both the content pack and as XNBs.

Content Pack
    Download Here

XNBs
    Download Here

I'm leaving this here for anyone who may want to use it, but the fantastic Diverse Stardew Valley - Seasonal is really the future of this mod.

Updated:
    Abigail + Beach
    Alex + Beach
    Caroline + Beach
    Demetrius
    Elliott + Beach
    Emily + Beach
    Haley+ Beach
    Harvey+ Beach
    Jas
    Kent
    Leah+ Beach
    Marnie+ Beach
    Maru+ Beach
    Penny+ Beach
    Robin+ Beach
    Sebastian+ Beach
    Shane + Beach

Changes:
    Edits made to the shading on Shane, Marnie, and Jas to better fit the game.
    Haley has her necklace back.

Variants Included:
    Shane (Neat)
    Maru (Hospital Hat)
    Elliott (Cuffs) Made by Tofuffalo for the original mod.
    Harvey (Non-Sikh, Non-Sikh Rounded Beard) Credit to @Acerbicon.
    Sam (Two FtM variants) Credit to @JadeJackalope and @oenimo.

-------

So, I absolutely love @notsnufffie 's Diverse Stardew Valley (it's even what got me into the game). There's no portrait mod quite like it and the idea of it being abandoned and depreciating with updates was pretty sad to me, so I decided to try and continue it on the best I can.

I'm putting this in its own thread to make it easier for anyone looking for updates to it, and if/when notsnuffie returns, I will gladly hand this back to them! I'm not as good but I will be doing my best to match their artstyle.

Completed Objectives:
    -Updated to 1.5
    -Shane, Marine, and Jas all complete.
    -All spouses checked for updates
    -Including Maru this time
    -Other villagers checked for updates.

Completed Edits:

Content Patcher Bundle

This Content Pack would absolutely not have been possible without the wonderful @Fyn , who created it in my absence and has kept it up to date with all the minor changes so far. I genuinely cannot say how grateful I am.

DOWNLOAD

This CP also contains the:
    -Non-Sikh and Round Beard Harvey variants by @Acerbicon (See Community Edits for Link)
    -FtM Sam by JadeJackalope

If either person does not wish their content to be included, just let me know!

XNB Bundles:

Bundled Download (Added Marnie)
    Bundled Download Neat Shane (Added Marnie)

Individual Downloads:

Marnie - Hispanic (NEW)

[​IMG][​IMG]
    (Download Here)
    Definitely the edit that's taken the most time, good grief. I do love her portrait though, and I feel the warm red looks lovely on her.

Jas - Afro Hispanic
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Download Here)
    Jas's original 'low odango' kind of hairstyle always put me in mind of afropuffs, which is why I went with this. By far the most intensive edit yet since she has a completely new hairstyle and dress, but I'm pretty happy with it. Her eyes have been changed to green, similar to Shane's.

Shane - Hispanic (1.1+ Only)
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

(Download Here)
    The full first edit of my own! I tried to stick true to the spirit of the character so he's still pretty shabby looking, but I will be providing a Neat variant soon as I can, particularly for anyone who wants a tidier look for him after marriage (possibly with and without stubble, depending on how it looks) Neat version added below!. Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Note: This edit also replaces the cursors.xnb file in LooseSprites for the sake of a cutscene. If you are using another edit that also uses that xnb, let me know so I can make a patch for you.

Edit: I've also fixed a weird problem that popped up where window light had black speckles in it for some reason. If you have this problem, redownload!

Shane - Neat Variant
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (Download Here)
    A cleaned up version of Shane, intended mainly for use after marriage or whenever you think might be a good turning point for him. He's still in his shorts and hoodie, but at least they are clean now.

I removed his stubble, neatened his hoodie. The little rips and tears have also been removed and the Joja logo has been replaced with 'Zu' for the Zuzu City Tunnellers.

Kent - Disabled (Hearing Aid and Prosthetic Leg)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    (Download Portrait Here) (Download Sprites Here)
    Kent with a hearing aid was requested by @queertactics and I'm sorry I didn't get around to it sooner! From what I can tell hearing aids are normally more close to the user's skintone in colour, but if I had colour-matched like that it would have been impossible to see.

The prosthetic leg is based on one I saw being used by a soldier in a documentary and a semi-popular below-the-knee design. I may make a more 'civilian' prosthetic version available too though, for those who may prefer it.

The portrait and character sprite are provided as separate downloads, since you may want one but not the other.

Updates of DSV Original

Emily (Updated for 1.1)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Download Here

There's also a great update by @nichili here, which was actually completed before mine.

Harvey (Updated for 1.1)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Download Here

Hospital Maru (Updated for 1.1)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Download Here

Note: While an extra portrait was added for Maru, it's just a copy of another portrait on the sheet (the one shown here). I added it in, just in case it is used, but this might mean that file will get replaced by a quick bugfix update shortly.

-------

Installation:
    XNB: Extract and add the Characters and Portraits folders to the Content folder, and allow to overwrite.

Content Pack: Extract to Mods folder. Content Patcher Required.

Obviously, most of the credit for these goes to notsnuffie.

Additional Content:

These are edits that were done by other people in the thread, which I am placing here so they're easier for folks to find. I take zero credit for these, of course.

1. @Fyn
    Added a proper marriage sprite for Shane, with both bearded and neat versions.
    Updated Emily's 8 Heart event for Robin, Abigail, and Shane.
    Created Hispanic Shane Cursors.xnb files compatible with Just a New Map Recolour, one using Animal Crossing Dig Spots, one using the worms.
    [Link]
    Created a Content Patcher pack of the Diverse SDV files.
    (Link Above)
    2. @Acerbicon
    Created Non-Sikh, and Round Beard Non Sikh versions of Harvey.
    [Link]
    (Also included in the Content Pack)
    3. @JadeJackalope
    Created an FtM version of Sam.
    [Link]
    (Also included in Content Pack)
    4. @hopefulfox
    Created a Hijabi variant for Jodi.
    [Link]
    5. @DuckyQueen
    Did a recolour of JadeJackalope's FTM Sam in HopefulFox's Hijabi Jodi colours.
    [Link]

6. @.Lavender.
    Made numerous edits to Haley, including original colour, dread cuffs, etc.
    (Note: Is a Content Patcher mod)
    [Link]
    An edit of Slightly Cuter Sprites to match DSDV.
    [Link]
    7. @oenimo
    Created an FtM version of Sam.
    [Link]
    8. @Alkanthe
    Created a version of Abigail that still has her blue jacket, and a version of Caroline that still has green hair. Now you can have all those vanilla vibes again!
    [Link]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
      skade98, Ombeliane, mvhnexus and 29 others like this.
    • SarahSyna

sirlumberbeard likes this.
    • designiana

designiana Void-Bound Voyager

Cool! Diverse SV is my favorite mod and I'm excited to see more in the future. :)

Just a heads up, the links appear to be broken and are redirecting to dropbox's homepage..

SarahSyna likes this.
      • SarahSyna

Fixed! It was just me being not used to Dropbox. ^^;

• bookwormally

bookwormally Void-Bound Voyager

Oh I am so glad to see this. I was so disappointed to not have the Emily mod for the new update. You are a life saver <3

SarahSyna likes this.
          • Dragoniz

Dragoniz Orbital Explorer

I was hoping someone would step up and fix the issues for the update! Thank you!

SarahSyna likes this.
            • sirlumberbeard

sirlumberbeard Void-Bound Voyager

THANK YOU SO MUCH

SarahSyna likes this.
              • Socratease

Socratease Space Spelunker

So glad to see somebody keeping this up! Diverse Stardew Valley adds so much to the game.

Something I'm not clear on - I checked up on my old save and it looks like most of the characters are still modded. Do some of the characters still work and some don't? Or can I expect problems?

SarahSyna likes this.
                • SarahSyna

Only characters that got new sprites will have changed since their files would be overwritten by the updated ones. So far, I've only checked and updated the spouses (and of them only Emily and Harvey needed to be fixed), but I'll be checking the rest of the Diverse villagers tonight once I'm done with Shane's portraits.

vivalasthedas, Yogurl and Alkanthe like this.
                  • SarahSyna

Maru's hospital outfit updated and uploaded, and Shane's portraits completed. God willing, I should have his sprites done by this Sunday or Monday!

Alkanthe and sirlumberbeard like this.
                    • sirlumberbeard

sirlumberbeard Void-Bound Voyager

YAYYYYYYY You ROCK! :D

SarahSyna likes this.
                      • Kee

Kee Void-Bound Voyager

Cant wait to see how Shane will look :eek:
                        Bc I want to marry Shane lol and right now he looks like a hot mess... from the original game :DD:poke::poo:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
                          SarahSyna likes this.
                        • SarahSyna

Sadly (or fortunately if you're my best friend), my Shane is a bit closer to a recolour than a full overhaul (since I'm still kind of getting used to this). As I get better at it and more confident, I'll definitely be redoing him though, and I'm planning on at least one variant of him with a proper undercut and a much stronger defined jawline. Still, I really hope you like this version of him, and if not, I'm always open to suggestions for what people want to see!

Kee likes this.
                          • evaclair

evaclair Void-Bound Voyager

For some reason, all of my diverse villagers have been unmodded. I'm have the mods in the game file and the original game files in a completely different folder. Do most of the modded characters still work? Or is it just a mac problem?

SarahSyna likes this.
                            • Kagea

Kagea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

thank you so much for continuing this mod I had many charcters of diverse stardew valley in my last game and i didn't want to miss emily and maru (two of my favorites out of the mod) ;)
                              @evaclair i would try to "install" them again maybe the modded files where replaced through an update or something. Normally most of them should still work.

SarahSyna likes this.
                              • Kee

Kee Void-Bound Voyager

Oh its k I am an artist myself but sadly I don't know how to draw a more pixel looking character if you know what I mean xD
                                If I knew how to make them look like a little more pixie as Diverse from hd to pixel I would give it a try but sadly I am a noob in this area of art :D

SarahSyna likes this.
                                • SarahSyna

I have experience doing pixel art, but notsnuffie was just fricking great and trying to mimic their style is a bit difficult for me sometimes since I'm out of practice. ^^;;

-----

Shane has been uploaded and added! I hope you guys like him, and I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions!

Alkanthe likes this.
                                  • Acerbicon

Acerbicon Pangalactic Porcupine

Ugh! Your Shane looks absolutely fantastic! Great work!

Funny story: I have a person named Shane in my life who the original Shane favored a bit, this version though? Spot on for the RL Shane :rofl:

SarahSyna likes this.
                                    • evaclair

evaclair Void-Bound Voyager

@Kagea i tried what you said and it worked great! thank you so much~

Kagea and SarahSyna like this.
                                      • Kagea

Kagea Scruffy Nerf-Herder

hey that's great! Glad it worked for you :)

SarahSyna likes this.