Feedback Discussion pages

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by SpeedXaaa, Jul 31, 2016.

1. SpeedXaaa

SpeedXaaa Subatomic Cosmonaut

You guys might find this moot due to the forums (or not, I won't jump to assumptions hahah), but I was wondering that since the wiki is slowly growing (and is already quite large at that), it might not be a bad idea to implement discussion pages for each wiki page.

While Bulbapedia is astronomically larger, this system is used here and it's a very well-used, convenient system.

Discussion pages are more for questions and small discussions related to the page itself. If you aren't sure how to go about editing something or would like to confirm something related to the page (in which it would be inconvenient to start a new forum thread about). Its also good for notes in case you made a large edit and want to let everyone know and/or aren't really confident about your decision and the like.

Really it's good for those who want to help out with the wiki but are unsure. Its also a very convenient feature to have.

In the end this is only a suggestion, though; in the end it's up to the wiki admins, obviously.

Sorry for my subpar wording here. If I need to reiterate anything more clearly please let me know!

2. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

I fully support this suggestion, I think talk pages are super-helpful!

It's come up a few times before and my reasoning for keeping them disabled (they've actually been enabled, just the link has been hidden) was that information about the game was changing so often in beta they would all be unhelpful/out of date by the time stable released -- especially for things like planet coordinates.

Now that we're past 1.0 there's no reason to keep them off - I've turned on discussion pages site-wide as per your suggestion!

SpeedXaaa likes this.