1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Disconnects from friend's server everytime I die

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Kaobara, May 21, 2017.

1. Kaobara

Kaobara Intergalactic Tourist

So my friends and I decided to start playing Starbound together and decided that we're gonna play with each other by joining one of our friend's world through Steam.

Everything seems to be fine for the first day, but the second day(after we downloaded a few mods together) my game starts to lag real bad.

From time to time, everything in my screen (besides my game character) would freeze. I can move around but every time I try to interact with an object like a door nothing would happen. All entities, including friends and monsters, would just be frozen in time. If I were to go to the left or the right, I would eventually see a part of the map that is not loading while I can see the entire background behind it, as if all terrain in front of me was just cut off.

However, in my friend's screen, they claim that my character is just standing around, opening and closing the door repeatedly.

After about a minute everything around me would then fast forward, monsters coming from nowhere and my friends running around at the speed of light killing the monsters, going in and out of my house and the door starting to open and close repeatedly. After my game seemed to catch up to the server I can start to play normally until the next time this happens.

The third day seems to be fine and I encounter this massive lag a lot less frequently. However, now most of the time I die, whether it be from being killed by mobs or falling down a cliff, I would disconnect from my friend's server and end up on the main screen with this error:

[21:36:34.025] [Error] Exception caught in client main-loop
    (EntityException) world() called while uninitialized

Here the full log:

Attached Files:

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Sounds like either your internet speed or the one of your friends server isn't sufficient. Or the machine of the one who's hosting the server isn't capable to do this.
    I need the specs of your friends machine. Also how many ppl are connecting?

~ Iris ~

3. Kaobara

Including myself, a total of 4 people is connecting. Just a while ago I tested playing singleplayer and I noticed that I got the same problem (the disconnecting after death, not the massive lag, meaning that my disconnection and the terrible lag I experience is probably not connected).

About statement, "the machine of the one who's hosting the server isn't capable of doing this.", I feel like this is more of my problem rather than my friends because my other 2 friends that were connected to the server didn't experience the same problem. While one of them was slightly laggy (due to having terrible internet), both of their games went by quite smoothly.

I can't contact my friend at the moment but because I had just experienced the disconnection problem in singleplayer I'll just say my own specs...

I'm playing on:
    Windows 7 64 bit
    16gb RAM
    Intel Corei5 3.2GHz Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950

4. Iris Blanche

Your rig looks okay so far. Since you're experiencing this error too on singleplayer it is most likely related to your system then.
    What other software runs besides starbound? Are all drivers up to date?

~ Iris ~

5. Kaobara

As far as I know, all of my drivers are up to date. I had tried testing again after quitting all other programs but I still get the same error.

When I die, I see my death animation but before I can see the small egg of my rebirth (the small cutscene of me respawning cuz I'm an Avian) I disconnect.
    upload_2017-5-21_17-3-53.png
    However, when I reconnect, both multiplayer and singleplayer, the small cutscene of an egg that hatch into a chick and then transforms into me plays.

6. Iris Blanche

Could be mod related then. In normal starbound there is not such an issue. I guess it's the dramatic death mod.

~ Iris ~

7. Kaobara

Already unsubscribed to the dramatic death mod but still no effect...

8. Iris Blanche

Then attach the new log. Also does it apply to new characters as well?

~ Iris ~

9. Kaobara

I haven't made any new characters (I just started the game less than a week ago), but here's a new log.

Attached Files:

10. Iris Blanche

What items are in your inventory?

~ Iris ~