Modding Discussion Different mods for different save files?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by queertactics, Jan 12, 2017.

1. queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can I use one mod on one save file, and then another mod on another? Does that make sense?

Like, let's say I want to mod my sheeps to be purple on my first save file, but not on my second.... is there a way to just put that information into one save file folder, or something?

Sorry this is such a n00b question!! I haven't done any modding yet because of this; I kinda want different looks for different farms.

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think that's possible. All I tend to do is have separate folders somewhere with mods for specific save files inside. Depending on which save file I want to play I'll drop the corresponding mods into the content folder and play.

• queertactics

queertactics Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Meevers ohhhh, I get it! that's actually a fairly simple solution, gosh, thank you so much!

• ekffie

ekffie Phantasmal Quasar

If you want you can keep complete seperate copys of the whole stardew valley folder - which makes it possible to play with different xnb mods per save as well ..

just start stardew directly out of its folder - OR:

Only thing with that - if you start it with steam via custom startoptions Launch command without brackets:( "Drive:\pathtoStardew\Stardew Valley modded\StardewModdingAPI.exe" %command% ) you have to set this new per save
          I only had one problem with this lately that smapi couln't load a dll :
          to prevent this bug from happening install smapi to the default Steam Stardew Valley Folder as well..

Another think I really like about this, is that steam can never autoupdate your modded version - you can keep playing that and update when all mods broken by an update had time to deliver fixes :)

The Saves and smapi logs etc will still be all together in the one folder in appdata of course ..
          Have Fun:)