Modding Help Dialogue XNB Compatibility

Discussion in 'Mods' started by paulgreen499, Jun 4, 2017.

1. paulgreen499

paulgreen499 Void-Bound Voyager

Hey let me first say sorry if this was already fully explained somewhere and I'm just blind and couldn't find it.

Ok now to the help part, I saw a couple of different mods which I was hoping to try, only problem is they both replace the same file i.e. the dialogue one. So I thought instead of just deciding on one and saying no to the other I'd try and make them compatible. The thing is I've never done it before. I looked up about the unpacking and repacking stuff but for the actual work I was wondering if simply taking lines from one mod and copy pasting it in the other is all that's needed to work and if not what should I do? again sorry for the noob question and thanks to anyone who reads this.

• Meevers

Meevers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The only way you can make two dialogue mods 'compatible' is to combine them. Combining them would require you to unpack both xnbs, open them both in Notepad++, and choose ONE of them to edit. You would then need to add/copy dialogue lines from one mod to another. There is a section in this guide about about editing and adding dialogue and explaining the various codes used in dialogue, I suggest you read it if you have never edited or opened a dialogue file before.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2017
      • paulgreen499

paulgreen499 Void-Bound Voyager

Thank you very much I got it all done. Here's hoping it'll work :)

Meevers likes this.