RP DEPTHS: The depths

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

He sits down eye level with Schafer. "So we have much in common. I get asked the same thing a lot, especially by you surfies. I imagine they look and think the same things about us. 'That freak', 'what is that', 'how does it do that?', 'what a dumb thing'. Sound familiar to you?"

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"No." He turns away, walking back to his master. "Besides; there's only one thing I care about. I don't give a damn about what other people think."

Firebird Zoom and Sir Wilfrey like this.
  3. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

"You really don't care about anything do you? What's gonna be your thinking when your ass is on the line?"

4. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Schäfer simply gives his growling chuckle. "What do you expect from me, jack? I'm a dog!"

5. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

((Well @The Alonne is on a trip, so we'll get started I suppose.))
    "Is anybody not ready...?"
    Inquires the caped avali.

6. Sir Wilfrey

"I smell willing denial in your air. You may not care, but you do, somewhere deep, care about what you are. I'm not gonna exploit that, but I do want you to know I had a point to this. The Depths breaks you, hits where you're weakest, it's a living entity trying to drive you mad every turn you take. Don't hide from your weakness here, that's what It wants from you. Instead, make peace with them. Accept your flaws, so you can put them aside and stop taking them out on the only way you'll ever get halfway down there alive. You don't have to like me, but if you don't at least have a mutual respect I'll mislead you and simply tell myself 'we really didn't need that one, hurt the morale anyways' and you'll die very, very alone while the rest of us move on with our lives. If you think I'm bluffing, just know that there's a lot fewer Exiles than there used to be when they first doubted it. I do what I do to survive, and people that can't play nice are gonna get left behind. Quickly."

He grimaces at the lost chance for brewing more stims, but realizes they can camp or at least find solace somewhere relatively soon, they are in a giant ruin after all. Ruins have plenty of rooms. Usually full of dead things. Occasionally, live ones. Harvey shudders subtly. "Ready? No. Prepared? No. Nothing else left to do? Yes. So forwards we march."

Dipdoo and Firebird Zoom like this.
  7. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

"Nope, I'm ready." Logan says, shouldering his pack.
    --------------------
    Calico says nothing, but makes sure she has everything she needs.

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  8. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Schäfer just shakes his head. "You talk too much. I'm here for one reason, and that's all that matters."
    There's a crinkling sound as Rook folds up the candy wrapper. "Don't try to reason with him; I gave up long ago. There's a thing about hard-coding that overrides everything."
    "All clear here. If we need to move, let's move."

Sir Wilfrey and Firebird Zoom like this.
  9. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"Well... Onwards and downwards... Lead the way Harvey..." @Sir Wilfrey

10. Sir Wilfrey

Quietly wishes Nyar didn't need as many people as possible for, whatever the fuck it was he was having Harvey do, then he could simply kill the annoying ones without a fuss and obtain whatever the hell that amazing smelling collection of things Rook has. "Nyar, you should put whatever she has right there in your 'welcome to my eternal service' package. You should also make a package for recruits. And maybe get us some insurance. Or pay. What exactly am I getting out of this arrangement again? I'm not exactly religious, I mean, you were the one to show me glimpses of reality and such so I know what you are, why do you use the pretense of godhood? Honestly I feel like you're really limiting your potential with it, we could go so much further and we're just down here dicking with these obnoxious things. I mean, watching Humanoids fight impossible things can be found anywhere in the universe, why here?" He continues to think silently, completely lost in the real world. "And also why me? Because I'm the only thing down here crazy enough to serve you? Because I straight up question you and don't treat you with much reverence? Or maybe, just maybe, you're just a very bored elder thing with literally nothing else to do but stay quiet and make me barf randomly? I can promise you things'd be much more interesting if I could do nonsensical things, or, y'know, be good at any kind of actual combat. But, you're stuck with me ain't ya? And I'm stuck with you. Not much either of us can do about that, Dagon showed us the more minions you kill, the far less you have. Dead hands don't work you know. And I get the feeling your only real 'hand' down here is kinda stuck between a suspicious crowd on the brink of riot and a mission I can almost guarantee I will die in. We may want to adjust some part of this plan at some point in the near future old bud."

He's totally enthralled in his own little world at the present. Staring off into space for some reason.

11. Firebird Zoom

With an exasperated sigh, Calico walks up to Harvey, and punches him in the gut with her claws extended enough to create two shallow cuts. ((WORDS)) Once she has his attention, she points at the exit and makes a gesture to get a move on. @Sir Wilfrey

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  12. HunterC1998

(That's uhh...A tad hostile...))

13. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Conall looks up and smiles, shaking his head with Harvey's lecture. "You're more grim than even Sigurd, let's hope you're as strong as him too."
    He starts to take a sip from his booze-filled canteen, nearly sputtering it out with laughter as Calico gives Harvey a little love-tap. "You two are made for each other! Forceful and silent for threatening and loud."

14. Sir Wilfrey

Whatever world Harvey was in was not a happy one, because he was liquified around Calico and had a a now solid arm completely engulfing Calico's face, clothes on the floor (formless have no genitalia or gender so don't panic) and smothering them before even Harvey had much clue as to what was happening. "YOU WON'T GET ME THIS TIME YOU SHOGGOTH FREAK, YOU'LL PAY FOR WHAT YOUR KIND HAS DONE!" ((yes I know what Calico is, it's called PTSD))

Jareix Cryvix and Firebird Zoom like this.
  15. Firebird Zoom

Calico activates the heat diode on her left arm and presses it against Harvey's.
    ------------------------------
    Logan, stunned by the sudden events, fumbles his gun for a few moments before aiming it at Harvey.

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  16. Sir Wilfrey

Snapping out of whatever world he was in, he jerks his arm off of Calico's head and looks around wildly. "WHAT?" He eventually remembers what/where/why and glares at Calico, ignoring Logan. "...glad I didn't give the dumb ones stims..." He re 'puddles' into his clothes and takes form with surprising ease, obviously accustomed to his solid form enough to make it a normal routine. "also glad I don't put my organs in expected places, or I'd have a bleeding stomach none of you'd know to fix." He strolls towards the door, completely ignoring pretty much everyone. "Done here, follow or get left behind, preferably get left behind." He says, nearly out the door.

17. HunterC1998

Roland follows, looking at Calico, "What the hell was that? That was completely uncalled for!"

18. Firebird Zoom

Calico simply shrugs, dismissing the question without much thought.
    ----------------------------
    "I agree, her actions may have been a tad drastic, but still, he shouldn't have tried to asphyxiate her." Logan says, returning his gun to its normal position. ((WORDS))

HunterC1998 likes this.
  19. HunterC1998

"Well he's been down here and doesn't know how we act, or how to act....Uhh no offense Bud, if you don't know what it's like to talk with people and someone tries to stick you to get you moving...No how would he take that? And what did he call you? Shoggoth?"

20. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

"Dammit, we can't keep infighting..." Rook lets out an exasperated sigh. "Schäfer, next time someone pulls that shit, intervene."
    The dog grins, showing his teeth. "You mean knock some sense into 'em? Can do."