OOC DEPTHS [APPS WANTED]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Jareix Cryvix, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Opinion

1. Delicous! (Very positive)

45.2%
  2. Appealing. (Positive)

41.9%
  3. Not worth a fuss... (Neutral)

6.5%
  4. Appalling. (Negative)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Disgusting! (Very negative)

6.5%
  1. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Name: Lescallia Aer Yiur

Relationships: Lescalius

Race: Human

Physical appearance: Much like Lesc, slim, tall and slightly pale, jet black hair which is long, although her eyes are a brightish hazel green. Wears a modest grey dress, sneakers, and a knapsack on her side. She has a chakram on a chain dangling around her waist

Personality: Cheerful, bubbly and optimistic, the polar opposite of Lesc. She manages to make friends wherever she goes.

Positive traits:
    Optimistic to a fault: As it is. She cant seem to understand deadly situations.
    Pretty lass: A lot of men often fawn over her, they're just seemingly attracted to her....
    Naïve: She thinks the best of everyone, to a fault.
    Trained: Trained in the use of her special chakram, which can also act/project an energy shield

Neutral Traits:
    Good cook
    Likes classical music
    Looooooooooves reading
    Strangely enough, loves the band called DragonForce

Negative traits:
    " Lescalius you twit!": She'll protect Lesc dogmatically...after all, he's all she has left
    " Th-that's cruel...": Extremely thin skinned...cannot take an insult without nearly crying...
    " P-please...n-no more....I.....": Nightmares, just like her older brother
    " I-I...n-no! NO! No spiders! NO SPIDERS!": Severe, severe arachnophobe
    Naïve: Thinks the best of everyone....to a fault....
    " I-I....I cant...b-breathe...": Extremely allergic to flowers, mushrooms, moss, etc

Equipment and inventory: Dress, chakram, knapsack, colored pencils, drawing notebook, sneakers and a change of warmer clothes

History:

She's finally found him. Her parents always said he ran away, but she's finally found him! Her twin brother! On a strange expedition? Hah! She's strong enough to take care of herself! And why wouldn't she come to be with her brother? Not like it's dangerous or anything

Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

And so the companion character to Lesc joins...
    Expect there to be an interesting dynamic...

Firebird Zoom and Arra like this.
  3. critsarecool

critsarecool The Waste of Time

@Dipdoo
    Could you do me a favor and not use black when you are RPing? I'm using the old theme, so it is very difficult to read, and exponentially so on the phone when I can't easily highlight it.

Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  4. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Can do. Which grey works best?

Firebird Zoom likes this.
  5. critsarecool

The "which grey" one works just fine, thanks :D

6. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

I'm working on two new characters, Jezibel Plague and Kora Blighten, they'll hopefully be done tomorrow. Also, sorry for my inactivity, but I've been playing the game Halfway a lot and then there is the fact that I actually have a life outside of the forums.

7. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

No need to make explanations, dood. Unless you're implying some of us don't.

Also, 'Plague' and 'Blighten'? Sounds like something might be mal in the air.

Arra, Jareix Cryvix and Firebird Zoom like this.
  8. Firebird Zoom

I'm referring to family trips and activities, sorry if I insulted anyone.

9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Oh, I'd just give you a hard time, kappa.

Omicron445 and Firebird Zoom like this.
  10. Jareix Cryvix

@Zoomninja3000
    Still haven't updated your app. (Prolly because it's not your post to update)
    Might want to fix that because I've no clue what she looks like.
    G'night.

11. Firebird Zoom

Hah! Finally finished updating it!

Name: Calico
    Relationships: Zero- twin sister; Josh- mentor
    Race: Avali
    Physical Appearance: Calico is a relatively young Avali who, true to her name, looks like a calico cat. She is about 3ft 7in tall, and has large, very obvious scars on her neck and upper torso, right over where her vocal chords would be. While there are no obvious cybernetics on her body, she has implants in her arms, legs, and hands that can extend blades, but not without a good deal of pain to herself. Her right eye is blue, while her left eye is brown. As she prefers close combat to guns, she always wears an aerosteel projector on each wrist to form a shield if necessary. Calico never goes anywhere without her ever-present swords strapped to her back. Her helmet is designed to resemble a reptillian skull and is fitted with a AR HUD system, as well as being painted with designs intended to intimidate her opponents. She is wearing vambraces made from a tarnished red-golden colored metal; the gauntlets have slots for her bracelets. Her entire upper body and arms are covered by a shirt of titanium-lumite alloy microchainmail and gloves made from a graphine-based fabric reinforced by durasteeel threads. Her chestplate is a light platemail made from a cobalt-platinum alloy. With the exception of her boots and greaves, her legs are only protected by a pair of blue silk leggings. Her greaves are made from a dark red metal and have a thin, vertical seam dividing it in half. Her boots are designed to give her the best possible traction on any given surface while remaining as light as possible. Her scabbards are slung diagonally across her back with the hilts being above her right shoulder.
    Personality: As she grew up alone in the wilderness, Calico is solitary and untrusting by nature. A bad experience with a miniknog scouting party left her vocal chords shredded, preventing her from speaking or making any vocalizations other than growling anamalistically. Calico is pragmatic, if that is even possible for a mute, and her accusing stare makes anyone feel uncomfortable. Having survived for 10 years using only her wits, she puts full faith in her instincts. While she can identify anyone she has met even only once before and is an expert at spotting impersonators, she has in the past attacked individuals before simply because she didn’t like them.
    Traits:
    Positive:
    - Cybernetics: can project a blade from her elbows, knees/calves, and knuckles
    - Swordsman: extremely skilled with swords and bladed weapons
    - Identification: never forgets a face or a silhouette, or anything relating to a person.
    - Rewired nervous system: can speed up or slow down her perception of time
    - Linguist: can understand most languages
    Neutral:
    - Mute: can’t speak
    - Feral: excellent survival and hunting skills; however, this leads her to be awkward in social situations.
    - Left-handed
    Negative:
    - Communication impaired: can only communicate through sign language
    - Territorial: Will attack anyone she sees as a threat
    - Unnerving: tends to creep people out
    - Single-minded: will often focus on only one target at a time, which puts her at a disadvantage if outnumbered
    - Cybernetics: blades injure her upon extending
    - Bloodlust: goes crazy upon drawing blood or getting cut, this can be both a good and a bad thing
    - Easily Offended: will proceed to attack anyone who offends her, with little to no warning.
    - Magpie: extremely attracted to shiny things
    - Impulsive
    History: When she was just 1 year old, she was unintentionally left behind by the ARC when they evacuated Zero’s village, and was presumed dead. However, she managed to survive for the next 21 years on her own, during witch her vocal chords were severely damaged. She was eventually found by Josh, a great warrior. Josh immediately took to Calico, gave her a name, and took her under his wing. In recent years, she has traveled with Mook, but they parted ways a few months ago. She is on the expedition for reasons entirely her own.
    Equipment Specs.:
    • Hand blades: 2 on each hand, (similar to X-23, if you are familiar with the X-Men comics) with each being 4.5 inches long. Made of Void Metal.
    • Arm Blades: extend from the elbows, 1 foot long, made of Void Metal.
    • Leg blades: Can be extended either parallel to her femur or in tandem to her femur. 9.03 inches long. Sharp point, serrated edge. Made of Void Metal.
    • Twin Katanas: Lumite blades, slightly curved hilts, 2.5 feet long.
    • Aerosteel Bracelets: The only piece of new equipment Calico has. Usually used to project a circular shield 1 foot in diamater. Crome plated, very shiny.
    • Nanite colonies: Includes both the standard guardian nanites and specially designed repair nanites intended to heal her skin in the areas her blades usually split the skin.

Now to do Jezibel and Kora.

12. Jareix Cryvix

Just saying to use vanilla materials and we'll be gold I think.

13. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

@themushroomlord I did a quick sketch of what I envision Daianun to look like, hope you don't mind. It's only the head, but I I can't draw anything past that without ruining it or running out of space.

IMG_20170110_182238.jpg IMG_20170110_182321.jpg

14. themushroomlord

themushroomlord Pangalactic Porcupine

Brings a tear to my eye... wait, can mushrooms cry?

Firebird Zoom and Omicron445 like this.
  15. Omicron445

Omicron445 Pangalactic Porcupine

Please, no more existential crises for today. Let's just say yes for now.

16. critsarecool

After completely forgetting about it for a period of time, my second character is finished.

Name: (D Ab G), though people around camp have begun to call him Jelen

Race: Khloqdahl

Relationships: Part of tribe assisting ship, and his mount, whose name is (A F# G A)

Physical Appearance: About 8’ tall, he stands tall, covered in white fur. He has dark brown eyes. The area around his head is dyed a light blue in streaks. He has sharp claws and teeth, and wears a small satchel in which he holds various belongs.

Personality: He has a curious nature, naturally inquisitive about new things. He is protective of his belongings, as they are few. He is friendly enough, though willing to kill, easily at that, when it comes to it. So it goes.

Traits

Hunter’s Instincts

He has heightened reflexes and will notice things others wouldn’t, thanks to a lifetime of hunting prey much more dangerous than him, as well as making him an excellent tracker.

Hand to Hand (Literally)

Very proficient in close combat, being able to eviscerate most foes with his claws or teeth, or keep some range by using his spear.

Racial Traits

High resistances to cold, heightened sense of smell and hearing, savage claws, and can speak in the sing song language of the Khloqdahls.

Savage Blood

He is not cultured in the way of the offworlders, so he is clueless to their ways and their social cues. He has been known to try to eat Avali before, thinking them as small cattle.

Bloodthirsty

When he has prey in his sights, he will not stop until he has completed the hunt, whether the prey is friend or foe.

Language

He does not know how to speak Common, only the tongue of the Khloqdahls and a few words in Salokian, making it difficult for him to communicate with others.

Kleptomaniac

He is easily drawn by small shiny things, pretty things, like gemstones or a polished piece of armor. He will do his best to take things from others unnoticed, but will force his way if necessary.

Equipment and Inventory: Several beautiful stones, a few carved bones, a hunter’s spear, and several pieces of dried jerky. His hands are weapons enough for most of his prey, the spear is more for throwing.

History: Jelen is a hunter in the local tribe of Khloqdahl, and a very good one at that. He had provided meat and protected his tribe for many suns, and his singing ability has brought honor to the tribe. He knows the area very well, and can take down larger beasts easily. Now, he has become infatuated with the newcomers, the ones that for some reason are disturbing the old ones. His infatuation has led him to assist the colony by bringing meat, as well as assisting them with his expertise in the area.

Other Notes: His mount is a typical variant of the flying creatures that the natives use, though with slightly darker fur than normal.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2017
  17. Jareix Cryvix

Alrighty then, accepted. I'll have you a translator with you unless otherwise requested.

18. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I think I know a good piece of music for the Depths proper:

19. critsarecool

@Zoomninja3000
    It says most languages, the Khloqdahls language is pretty much completely unknown, the only ones who know it are a few of the natives, this is her first time encountering the language. She wouldn't know it, sorry.

20. Jareix Cryvix

Khloqdahl "Hiuuuri" is not known outside of the khloqdahl and those few who know it.
    But for now, assume the translator speaks for them whenever one talks down here. Both ways @critsarecool, @Zoomninja3000

critsarecool and Firebird Zoom like this.