1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Discussion [DEPRECATED] StarDanksCMS

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by danks_, Dec 26, 2013.

1. danks_

danks_ Existential Complex

Well, the earlier v2 release had a lot less bugs that I hoped for and I just finished working on that page system upgrade and fixing the possible security hole I had left behind me, yeah. I haven't uploaded the last version because I'm polishing code, sending it out to people that I know might have some critic/feedback/fixes/ideas on the core.
    I was testing a bit the plugin feature, I think now that there's a plugin system I --might-- start making wrapper related codes, but that would be released at any time disregarding the website version.

Yeah, you can finally expect an actual release now, holy crap, it took me 2 or 3 more weeks than what I wanted it to take, I hate being busy sometimes.

2. AbbyTheRat

AbbyTheRat Aquatic Astronaut

Never except a release! Starbound releases should have taught you that! It's the same for every game ever. :)

edit: Wow, talk about the forum taking a while to show me new posts. I didn't see your post. Looking forward to the release :)

3. danks_

It's done, if there are any major bugs (finding starbound_server.log, accesscontrol.config, etc) it will be hotfixed asap and uploaded as v2.0.1b
    If there are no major bugs, the next update will be v2.0.2.

*Expected new paging system on v2.2 (Database must be rewritten, no update.php)
    *Expected starbound.config builder on v2.2 (No database change)
    Original Post will be updated soon.

4. danks_

I've posted an update of the Server Mod List plugin. Copy the PHP code from this post and replace the contents of plugin/modlist.php with the new code.
    Mods and Administrators will be able to create and delete a mod-folder.zip archive in your website's root folder (http://yourwebsite/mod-folder.zip). If the file exists, all users will be able to download the contents of your mod folder and easily place them in their own mods folder.

The plugin has been configured so that it can only be accessed by users that log in.

5. TooManySecrets

TooManySecrets Sandwich Man

So is there any way to stop a player from joining the server if he is not registered on the CMS?

6. danks_

Yeah, put a secure password on the server, don't share the password. Only people with whitelisted accounts will be able to login.
    Since you can start and stop the server without any issues, you should be able to make password rotations every so often and restart the server every time you feel like it without having to go through the whole connecting to the VPS/Dedicated Machine, etc.

I'll be releasing an update soon, made small changes to config.php file, and I'll put another plugin so that you can edit starbound.config from the website, making password changing a lot faster as well.

teihoo likes this.
  7. TooManySecrets

One little bug i found out, when you login the whole top menu moves a little bit down so its not in the blue top page header. The logout button moves it down.
    Maybe instead of making your wrapper you could connect your CMS with starrypy. They have a plugin system and maybe you could make a plugin that only lets players on the server that are registered on the CMS.

Btw really nice work!!

8. danks_

I was not going to make a wrapper, I said I was going to make wrapper specific scripts, for like, starrypy.

Thanks for that info, it seems to be alright in my browser, but I'll fix it and have it working on 2.0.2

--If you want to fix it right now, go in the style folder and open style.css, change line 84 "padding:150 0 0 0;" to "padding 130 0 0 0;" ignore the " ".

9. TooManySecrets

Nice fix thx.

10. TooManySecrets

when i press build zip for mods i get this
    Code:
    Notice: Undefined variable: modPath in /opt/lampp/htdocs/plugin/modlist.php on line 120
    There was an error creating the .zip archive.

11. s0system

s0system Intergalactic Tourist

lol my modlist.php have only 70 lines

12. danks_

Yeah, I forgot to upload an update for the header.php, will do later tomorrow

13. knoffel

knoffel Starship Captain

i've got a problem with Stardanks CMS. im Running a Linux Root Server and wanted to install Stardanks. But i cant figure out how.
    The website is working but the server isnt showing up.
    I also dont know how to Edit the STARBOUND file
    my starbound user is "starbound" server runs in /steam/starbound/linux64 and website path is /var/www/vhosts/DOMAIN/httpdocs

edited:
    Code:
    Host_Alias HOST = [entered my host name]
    Cmnd_Alias STARBOUND = /usr/bin/screen

www-data HOST=(starbound) NOPASSWD:STARBOUND

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  14. knoffel

knoffel Starship Captain

Edited all the files, but still not working.
    succesfully checks if server is online or offline. Doesnt show players / server version.

Attached Files:

15. danks_

Are you sure you gave the right path to your starbound folder?
    What OS are you working on?

Did you use the install.php? Did you get any errors while installing?
    if possible PM me a picture of your configuration (admin.php?id=config)

16. danks_

Download the new patch, all you have to do is overwrite the old files and delete install.php, there's no need to re-install the website, should be working now.

There was an error creating the .zip archive.
    The third post in the thread (and the new 2.0.1b patch) have a new modlist.php file, that's why yours has 70 lines and the one TooManySecrets has has more than 70

17. Sorane

Sorane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi.
    My server is not on my computer but on distant server, so the only way I got to have the files required is to connect with my FTP.
    So can I use Stardanks (and how to do so) or should I wait for a new update ?
    Thank you.

18. AbbyTheRat

AbbyTheRat Aquatic Astronaut

Stardank only works if the web server is on the same machine as starbound server. It won't work otherwise and there's no other way for it to work.

19. Sorane

Sorane Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay, thank you for your answer

20. danks_

Making it work through FTP or any other way is up to you, like @AbbyTheRat said, if you are not hosting them on the same server, there's no actual way for it to work, you'd have to constantly upload and download the files from the server, making it slow, unrealiable and prone to bugs.

Sorry about that, if both the web and game server were on LAN, it could be fixed somehow, but relying on FTP or other methods is too risky imo.