1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Demo/trial?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by A.N.T.I., Mar 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I've been thinking lately that it would be interesting for starbound to have some sort of demo or trial version of it before you get the full game, perhaps from near or at the beginning to give some story to the person, but not enough that it makes them want to buy the game more?
    I was just wondering what everyones opinion about this is.
    (PS Sorry if this is the wrong section for this)

2. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

A demo for the game would seem.. weird. Unless its the backstory, for example you escaping your home planet, I dont think it'd fit.

3. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

Maybe they could create a demo where you're on a whole other planet that was made just for the demo where it's a really small planet with only a few things that you are capable of accomplishing but it still gives you a feel for the game ^_^

M C, Krunch and FrEnZy210 like this.
  4. diskincluded

diskincluded Big Damn Hero

Or they could do what Starcraft did, and have the demo actually be a prologue for the events of the main game.

TeoTheDriller likes this.
  5. Jenkinz

That would be good too :3

6. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

they just need a gameplay trailer imo.

7. Jenkinz

Demo/Trial > gameplay trailer...

8. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

more work too.

9. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Nah, I can't really befriend the idea of a demo or trial. A trailer would certainly be enough!

10. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

Yeah. A trailer would be fine in mine eyes.

11. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

If you mean a demo before release, theres going to be a Beta, if you meant a free trial of some of the content then that would be a little hard to implement into a sandbox game, unless they limited you to 1-2 planets. (which in my opinion given the size of this game would only show a VERY small amount of the content, therefore not really being worth the time). A trailer on the other hand would be a nice exitement booster.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.