1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleting universe question.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Barcasaur, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Barcasaur

Barcasaur Lucky Number 13

Ok I really don't want to start any debates about this feature cause it has its perks.

Long story short me and a few friends played on my universe and I want to start over with a new universe cause I am only going to play with one of the two now.

I purely want to do this because I want to be meticulous with my friend and explore everything and not have a few planets that have already been touched.

My main question is if I wipe the universe is there any know problems with character quests? I would not want a quest to not come up because the universe thinks I have not don a pre-requisit quest but I have already, we could just create new characters I would just rather avoid the quests we had already done and just have a fresh world to start and stay on permanently even with new "alt characters"

2. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Universe only hold data on planets.
    The quest stuff is in your character files tied to the specific character.

3. Barcasaur

Thank you for the reply, I just wanted to be sure cause me an my friend grew fond of our characters and just want on universe wipe and were in it for the long haul.

4. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Good luck, even glancing at every planet will take more than your lifetime.

5. Barcasaur

Oh I know my goal is not to see every single one, but I just hate the thought of planets that got explored or altered in anyway with me being there.