[Deleted]

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by mrboese, Jan 4, 2014.

1. mrboese

mrboese Phantasmal Quasar

[Deleted]

Last edited: Jan 2, 2017
    The Furreonist and Jonesy like this.
  2. The Furreonist

The Furreonist Pangalactic Porcupine

It's Starbound, not The Sims...

Sharp(JQ) likes this.
  3. mrboese

It says "Optional" in the graph, concerning making children (If you complain about general suggestion of making children).

And why can't a game with such a great potential borrow something from The Sims????

4. The Furreonist

Just tell me how the children making would look like.

5. mrboese

Needed:
    • NPC have to be attached to a bed (As "home")
    • Player and NPC have to be in near to the bed
    The "Action":
    • Player and NPC play in cuddle animation (used before) ^= Player & NPC are lying side by side in bed
    • Screen blends off (to black) 1,25s
    • Optional: Text: "9 Months later ..."
    • Screen blends in
    • Player + NPC + NPC-child are standing in front of bed
    Not 100% correct, but I don't think, the player wants to wait x time before the child NPC appears (Also it's skipping some ages). The baby making is technically the system, used in Minecraft (works very well there)

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I know that this idea is technically nothing new, but I really appreciate the diagram. It's got my support.

7. The Furreonist

What about mating with other players?

8. The Furreonist

In fact, that idea is pretty nice.

9. drakesteele

drakesteele Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I love the ides of this mod... I have a crewman fallowing me... she keeps floating hearts, which I take to mean she likes me - but I can't DO anything about it - can't romance her, share a place, do anything together like watch tv, sit in front of a fire, whatever... no options to link them... i.e. marriage... so this idea intrigues me. Hope you follow through!

Jonesy likes this.
  10. Crusader

Crusader Yeah, You!

Small question, what would having a child necessarily "Do," once it's born? Does it take a few hours then it turns into an adult and joins your crew? There isn't much point to this whole system imo without some sort of advantage or goal achieved once you go through the whole process.

Also, what the heck is going to happen with glitches? They don't reproduce.

11. Jonesy

The Glitch do reproduce. They build new Glitch.

http://starbounder.org/The_Ins_and_Outs_of_It

12. Crusader

Crusader Yeah, You!

I meant as in inter-species. The creator mentions that there is a 1/2 chance for either one of them to be born, but if an organic species were to be born how would that work out?

13. Jonesy

I think the best solution would be that the offspring would actually be Glitch versions of the other species. So, if a Glitch and an Avian became a couple, they'd build a robotic Avian. Still not sure how it'd work with the Novakid, though.

14. Crusader

Crusader Yeah, You!

Novakids are actually just large hunks of metal, the "Hard plasma shell," is made by the thing inside of their heads. So maybe they would just make a generic novakid with a glitch-like head-piece?

15. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

There are more important things.