1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Deleted "Universe" folder to reset the universe

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lazy Joe, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Lazy Joe

Lazy Joe Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have already come to the point to be able to start the quests for terraformers.

Wanted to do a fresh universe while keeping my characters, so I deleted the universe folder. Used to do that before 1.0

And now all the shops at outpost are closed. Is there a fix for this kind of situation?

2. Kalteas

Kalteas Poptop Tamer

If you backed up your universe, you might be able to restore the outpost. If not, you can probably redo the quests with a new character.

3. AlanL

AlanL Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had this same problem and found a solution on the starbounder wiki. You can fix it using admin commands. To enable/disable admin mode, type /admin in the chat. Make sure you turn it off after you're done.

Then, in admin mode:

/setuniverseflag outpost_mission1
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission2
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission3
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission4
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission5
    /setuniverseflag outpost_mission6
    /setuniverseflag outpost_techscientist1
    /setuniverseflag outpost_techscientist2
    /setuniverseflag outpost_ursaminer
    /setuniverseflag outpost_beakeasy

That tells the game you did all the plot missions, the tech missions, the ursa miner and the dreadwing mission. There's also the 'vaultsopen' and 'final_gate_key' flags which probably aren't needed to unlock anything, though you might try them if something's still locked.