1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Delete character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Dassery, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KONGIKU

KONGIKU Void-Bound Voyager

I have to build it,, but it works, thanks for posting ^^

2. Young Alek

Young Alek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dr. Craft to the rescue!
    Man, so many solutions, so little time.

3. Higuera

Higuera Cosmic Narwhal

dammit,tried to delete a character and now my game is unplayable,stuck on ship even warping where it just sits there w/ no interactability/missing background,and crash...

4. DeathMongerX

DeathMongerX Void-Bound Voyager

What if i would like to delete a character, but import his ship data to another? would that be possible?

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

This is possible. You only need to locate the shipworld and then change the id (filename) to another character-id and then you have the old ship on another character.

6. ChampCakeStorm

ChampCakeStorm Void-Bound Voyager

Ive got a much easier method it still requires going into the folders but its much better then backing up your players file a load of times to find out which one is which go to this site http://sbse.hyunsdojo.com/ and click the .player file and go through them all and you can find out which ones are right and which ones are wrong

7. Nemo05

Nemo05 Orbital Explorer

ok so i didn't get starbound off of steam where do i look for the files

8. Iris Blanche

starbound is a steam-game and as far as i know it can only be downloaded there. if you got it over a third party platform it is possibly a pirated copy and for this ones there is no support in any form here.

9. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Out of curiosity, where did you get it?

General Nuclear likes this.
  10. Nemo05

Nemo05 Orbital Explorer

Jonesy my uncle got it. I don't know where he got it from. He copied it from his memory stick onto my laptop.

Why?

11. Iris Blanche

Hm the problem is that starbound can only be downloaded over steam (the key can also be bought over humble). So your version you got from your uncle is in that case not an original that you own. Next problem is that such versions are not supported in any case.

It would be better you buy it yourself (it isn't expensive).

12. Nemo05

Nemo05 Orbital Explorer

ok well i probably just keep going with the version i have for now

13. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Because if it's pirated, we're under no obligation to help you. And from one you're saying, I'm afraid it doesn't sound like a legitimate copy.

General Nuclear likes this.
  14. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Since you can't confirm that you have a legitimate copy of the game, I'm afraid we can't do anything more to help you. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.