1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Dedicated Server repeatedly disconnects guests

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Ilias_Skyrider, Jul 15, 2017.

1. Ilias_Skyrider

Ilias_Skyrider Void-Bound Voyager

Hello again all,

Technical details first as usual:
    Windows 10 Pro x64
    Windowed Mode
    No mods.
    Have logfiles but not sure if relevant?

I occasionally host a dedicated server for a small group of my friends and myself to play on, it's hosted on the same computer that I also run the client from. Up until 1.3 I've had no issues with this, but as of late every member (with the exception of myself) have been getting the following errors:
    211820_screenshots_20170706011435_1.jpg 211820_screenshots_20170707103801_1.jpg

The incoming client packed has caused exception error is the most common among them, and occurs at random during teleports. They, and I, are not running any mods, and every single thread I've come across says it's mod related, so... at a bit of a loss to explain that one.

The EntityMessageResposne received for unknown context was delivered recently to one of them once, but I figured I'd include it just in case.

I've had them make new characters, same result. I've had them temporarily relocate their storage and player files, same result. Even I temporarily relocated my own storage and player folders to create a fresh start all around, and same thing. Geologically speaking it doesn't make any sense since they're all over the states and one is only about an hour's drive away from me.

Any idea as to what could be causing this?

Edit: It should also be noted that when just hosting the game normally, via starting singleplayer and inviting via steam, none of these issues happened.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  2. Ilias_Skyrider

Ilias_Skyrider Void-Bound Voyager

Update... apparently it still happens even via the starting with singleplayer and inviting via steam, just takes a LOT longer.