Death (very serious, maybe depressive)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brassqund, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

WARNING: This could be really depressing for some people.

I took a long time writing this.
    I hesitate even more to post it... I didn't know why I am actually posting that at all...
    anyways... here we go:

We all going to die one day.
    Even if we all know that, we didn't all realize it.

I did realize I was going to die one day...
    I am not sure exactly when I "realize" that, but that was at least a couple years ago.
    Since, that idea consumed me more and more.
    I am going to die one day.
    I am going to stop being me.
    Stop to think.
    Stop to dream.
    Stop to feel.

This hunt me.
    This ruined all fun I can have and I am not able to motivated me to do anything.

I tried to use that so I didn't waste my time when the time I had is limited...
    but that just make me feel more and more bad.

I envy those who accept those facts.
    I envy those who believe there is something after this life.

I am not dying...
    but I am scared like I would be.

I probably should see a therapist or something.

2. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

It certainly is rational to fear death; after all, it's one of those great unknowns. My advice to you is this: don't think about it. Find something else to occupy your thoughts, because hiding in a corner, crippled by fear is no way to live life.

3. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It's okay to be scared. Almost every living being is scared.
    We all know the Reaper will come for us one day, but on the other hand... it's normal, common, natural process (except for murder and such things, caused by someone else)
    I am -personally- scared every day. I can walk on the road, some crazy madman in car will drive like a 'pig', he doesn't saw me and... that's it. And my country is full of these 'pigs'.

But you know what? I don't thinking about death and you should not too. It just cover your life with sadness, blackness and depression and life with such temper isn't life at all.
    Just... don't do that.

4. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

It's scary at first, but once the chances are quite high that you're about to die it's a lot easier to accept.

At least, that's how I've come ot see it.

5. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If you cant do anything about it then theres no point of being scared of it

6. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Fearing death is actually a good sign of sorts. It shows that you very much enjoy being alive. Fear is what kept our ancestors alive ever since the dawn of life. Just don't let it rule you. Use your fear as a source of strength.

Chernushka and I_am_the_Storm like this.