Day/Night Option

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by SirTinyPants, May 1, 2017.

1. SirTinyPants

SirTinyPants Space Hobo

Sir or Ma'am,
    While I enjoy the concept of day and night cycles I find the length of night to be too long. With no added elements to night (i.e. zombies in Terraria/Minecraft) I find it just to be cumbersome. An option to adjust the duration or even the ability to turn it off completely would be great! For me, I spend the majority of my time underground so it would not change too much. While I am base building it gets kind of annoying to lose light for half of my game play.

Also, the "Scan for Floran Artifacts" MSQ is crap. First time in ages I used admin just so I didn't have to deal with something.

I appreciate your time!

V/r
    SirTinyPants

2. Tlactl

Tlactl Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Every planet has a different day/night cycle time ranging from 10-20 minutes. Also, monsters at night do more damage and birds will attack you. Music is different at night, too.

If you dont like how long the night is, go to a planet with a shorter cycle

3. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually, a creative mode in which it is possible to toggle nighttime would be most excellent. I am huge on building, so I totally understand OP's complaint.

Scanning for floran artifacts has always been really easy for me, though, 'cause I constantly run into floran structures in my endless pursuit of the perfect forest planet. e_e; (edit) My worst, this playthrough, was the apex one. I lost count of the number of planets I visited looking for all that crap. It's just a matter of luck, eh?

4. Vyrvin

Vyrvin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can use /timewarp (second value)
    But that is very complicated, but i use it when city building.

5. Jaxatron-Reborn

Jaxatron-Reborn Space Hobo

I think a mechanic where if you sleep in a bed, it gives you a few options, like sleep until morning, or take a short nap. It would restore you're health differently then it does now, because that would be overpowered otherwise. And maybe something like you can only sleep at night, or you have to wait to take naps and stuff.

enemarius86 and Roselle like this.