OOC Danvers&Fernald's world of Entertainment [ Applications closed ]

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Arra, Aug 6, 2016.

1. Arra

Arra The End of Time

WARNING: This RP isn't going to be particularly fair. So don't get attached to your characters that much, cause some horrid stuff will most likely happen. There is always the possibility that they could die. You could always make another character though :sneaky:

Welcome to the wonderful world of Danvers&Fernald's world of Entertainment! The premiere Freakshow, Circus and entertainment of the stars! You may be rich, lucky or just demented to find yourself here! But why ever you're here I hope you enjoy the show..... If your not in the show that is!

A creepily masked man stands in a spotlight, the quiet mumblings of the crowd subsides

" Ah. Hello Everyone. Happy to see you all here tonight. I think you will enjoy this show. "

The Ringleader taps their mask which only has a smiling mouth painted on it

" For you that are new, let me inform you of the plan for tonight. The Freaks will all choose a test, first, be it of smarts, strength or speed. After that, they will head into the tunnels beneath us to fight. "

The Ringleader holds up a disembodied arm of a Hylotl. It has a strange metal device with a small clear cylinder in it

" But there is a catch! All Freaks have a Erios 15-88 injector on their right arms! What is Erios you ask? It is a hallucinogenic toxin! As time goes on more and more is injected into them, warping their perception of reality and slowly killing them. "

He drops the arm and kicks it away

" Oh, and Did I mention that there are teams? And if they kill their team members they automatically die. Haha! I'm just wonderful like that! "

He walks back into the dark before walking back into the spotlight

" Oh! Forgot to mention this teensy weensy detail.... The planet your on right now is ninety three percent organic....Like...flesh, blood, bone and sinew! "

He disappears into the dark

Player characters
    --------------------

Xom- Capn Kane

Mizildra- haynesy566

Lunaes, Kosuke Koizumi- WarSarah

Dissidus Rovnir Conjuras/ Zetta,Dissidia Royni Conjuras- FactoringZettaShonic

ᎾᏆᏌᎦᏇᏈᏑᏝ/Skosvlir,ᏣᏍᎦᏜᏯᏱ/Cue- Jareix Cryvix

Cassidy Northern/Cass- Milkcalf

Aton- Cyber-Toast

Kato Saburo-critsarecool

Calypso- Kaiachi

You can have two characters if you want!

Name:
    Backstory: How did they get into the Freakshow? Kidnapped? "Hired"? Et cetera

Positive Traits: Strong, Smart, Etc

Neutral traits: Sings, Reads, etc

Negative Traits: Smoker, Stupid, Weak legs, Etc

Freakshow Ability: Now this is where you can have some fun. All of your characters will be in the Freakshow, no exceptions. They have to have a fantastical ability or something of the ilk. The more disturbing the better. If its too powerful I'll tell you to tone it down

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

oh dear god yes.

Arra likes this.
  3. Captain Kane

Captain Kane The Waste of Time

Name:
    The damned was Clark. The savior was nameless. Now they are Xom.

They have lived forever and they will live forever. Until they die.

Race:
    They are human… but different. They believe they are more and that they are better. They may be right. They certainly are not wrong.

They cannot reproduce. They are the last ones. It does not matter.

Backstory:
    The savior was not always such. Alone, scared, it fell to the planet of the damned, a final remnant of something long dead. Finding someone that needed saving did not take long. The damned stumbled upon the savior in a wooded area, rebellious adolescence driving him to explore where he should not. They watched one another for a moment, and then the damned opened it’s mouth. Greeting? Screaming? The savior did not care, and took the opportunity to jump inside. Finding the damned’s brain did not prove to be a challenge. The savior made first contact. Real contact.

There was resistance at first, but the damned let down his guard eventually. He introduced himself. The damned was called Clark. The savior had no name that it could give. Clark invited it to stay, and the savior could only accept. Graciously. For centuries their lives intertwined as technology progressed around them. They were best friends, lovers, and siblings. The purest form of connection existed between the two, as Clark slowly became the nameless, and the nameless slowly became Clark. It was only just before the Fall of Earth that their assimilation of each other was complete. They became Xom, and to the stars they fled.

Positive Traits:

They have the appearance of a human child, and too many make the mistake of believing that they are one too. In it’s time, the savior granted them enhanced senses, greatly amplifying their sight, hearing, and smell.

Neutral traits:
    They do not sleep, and do not require it.

Negative Traits:
    They also happen to have the muscle mass of a young boy, not being very strong or quick.

Freakshow Ability:
    They have adapted their body to ensure their own survival. No longer can they feel pain, or bleed. One must destroy their body completely to have a true hope of ending them. Their salivary glands have changed greatly over the centuries, allowing for deadly projectile acid to be spit from their mouths at will.

Hat has been tossed.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
    Jareix Cryvix, Kaiachi and Arra like this.
  4. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Well I have to say you're a delightfully dreadful creature. You would be an excellent addition to the Freakshow Xom. "

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  5. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

Hmm maybe I'll make a serial killer? Or just an odd floran? So many possibilities...

Sir Wilfrey and Arra like this.
  6. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

Name: Mizildra
    Race: Illadrith. They are the embodiment of imperfection and lunacy. Much of what they speak doesn't make sense and what little does will often be out of context. There are very few Illadrith left in existence and Mizildra was the first ever to be captured somewhat alive.

Backstory: She was originally captured on Earth in the Amazon rainforest where she had been terrorising the local villages. It had gotten to the point where they were convinced she was devil incarnate. One day a group of travelers arrived, one a mysterious man who showed the villages grainy photographs of Mizildra and they took him to her location. Armed with alien weaponry, his group subdued Mizildra and sold her to an exotic animal collector who soon found a place forher at the Freakshow.

Appearance (Thought I might add it in):
    Mizildra was the most exotic looking of the Illadrith. Feline in appearance with small stunted limbs protruding from her back. Her toungue is forked like that of a snake and her tail is made of rubbery dead skin attached to her by stiches made of human hair.

Positive Traits: Strong and an able fighter.

Neutral traits: Converses with the voices inside of her head, sometimes pretends to predict the future.

Negative Traits: Clumsy, extremely paranoid and mostly speak incomprehensibly.

Freakshow Ability: She has the ability to manipulate the minds of others. She can make them see her as one of their deepest fears, and often (not always) drives victimes insane from the experience.

Captain Kane and Arra like this.
  7. Kaiachi

Kaiachi Tiy's Beard

I already have an app halfway done. I should have it tonight.

Arra likes this.
  8. Arra

Arra The End of Time

:)

9. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

On that note, I may as well make one tooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

bring the madness

Arra likes this.
  10. Arra

Arra The End of Time

:)

11. Captain Kane

Captain Kane The Waste of Time

I had a concept for another character... fleshy meatbag venus fly trap.

Kaiachi, Jareix Cryvix and Arra like this.
  12. WarSarah

WarSarah Heliosphere

You know, why not. Throwing both of them in the ring now.

Name: Kosuke "Koko" Koizumi
    Race: Hylotl
    Backstory: Originally a crime lord on a large ocean planet, Kosuke was known for running a successful crime empire in an underwater Hylotl settlement. He was taken down through mutiny of his right hand man, and turned in to a space organization that wanted his head. For a good few years, Kosuke spent time in a prison, in where he acted on his best behavior..assuming he didn't get dragged into a fight and what not. After his 6th year in the prison, he decided he didn't want to be stuck in one spot, and with the help of his prison mates, helped create a mass escape- in which he was captured at the tail end of it.

Positive Traits:

Tall Guy: He's massive. Standing at about 6' even, Kosuke is capable of towering nearly over most people.
    Prison Experience: Due to where he came from, Kosuke is able to adapt fairly easily to most situations.

Neutral traits:

Neither Brain nor Brawn: Kosuke is actually an avid reader. Because of his general pursuit of knowledge, he isn't particularly dumb..nor smart.

Negative Traits:

Brain in the fists: Because of his prison time, he often thinks more with his fists.
    Iron Fist: Literally. Both of his arms are prosthetics- and heavy ones too. Despite being a hylotl, he's not the best of swimmers.

Freakshow Ability:

Through his prosthetics, Kosuke is able to do many things. He can touch hot or cold surfaces most people can't, and is able to bend or break things much easier.

Name:
    Lunaes "Lune"
    Race: ??? (They physically appear human, but have multiple eyes)
    Gender: ??? (Usually comfortable being called by either "she" or "he" pronouns)
    Backstory: Not much is known about Lunaes. Where they come from originally, what they look like, and even how old they are. They were caught on distant planet orbiting a firey star. From what transpired at the capture sight, it appears that Lunaes was a leader of some gang from the fallen civilization of that planet. They were found holed up in a ruined skyscraper, and in order to spare their fellow gang members, Lunaes offered to be the sole person taken. With a final nod to their family, Lunaes was taken away.

Positive Traits:

Thin Lizzy: Very thin. Enables them to fit into small spaces and be flexible.
    Ceiling Hugger: If able to, Lunaes is most comfortable hanging from the ceiling in some fashion, be it vents, vines, or other things.

Neutral traits:

Voice shift: The pitch of their voice actually depends on the environment. It can go from a feminine soprano to a masculine baritone.
    Masked..menace?: Lunaes' appearance could be considered odd. They have deathly white skin, and wear a black body suit-always wearing some torn shirt or poncho over it. Their most notable feature is the mask that covers most of their head, sans the back of it. It has multiple eye holes, and a line where the mouth should be.

Negative Traits:

Not a Beefcake: Lunaes, being as thin as they are, are not physically strong. They can't pack a punch.
    Not my problem: Because of their lack of contact with other people from other worlds, they lack quite a bit of knowledge.

Freakshow Ability:

Much like cats, Lunaes has the ability to fit into any nearly space- as long as his head can fit into it. His body is able to contort into points that most people would feel pain from.

Captain Kane and Arra like this.
  13. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Ohohoh! Bloodcurdlingly breathtaking! "

14. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Tbh im just too lazy to make a spoiler.
    Name: Dissidus Rovnir Conjuras, prefers to be called "Zetta"
    Race: Zettan
    Gender: Can switch between both genders at will but prefers male.
    Backstory: Coming from a different dimension altogether, he just showed up one day, blabbering on about Honey Fish and magical flying dispensers.

Positive Traits: Unpredictable as fuf, very agile, needs no sleep and can summon a random object once every 2 months, he is also very intelligent.

Neutral traits: Sometimes speaks in reverse for some reason, sometimes speaks in a different language all of a sudden, seems to have an endless supply of tea and he is very tall.

Negative traits: Very lightweight, can only really use a crossbow as weapon, goes insane after too long without his tea.

Freakshow Ability: He can use various magics, however these can only be done if he first rips off the skin on the palms of his hands to reveal his magic organs.

O wow another character

Name: Dissidia Royni Conjuras
    Race: Zettan
    Backstory: Showed up shortly after Zetta.

Positive Traits: She is basicly the only thing that stops Zetta from well... being a Zetta, Stratefic genius.

Neutral traits: Likes to sing every once in a while, wears glasses.

Negative traits: Can do fuckall except for being a strategic genius.

Freakshow Ability: She is able to make almost anyone trust her, however, this comes at the cost of a little bit of sanity.

MilkCalf, Captain Kane and Arra like this.
  15. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" *cough* Okay it seems I went into a mini-coma there. Dissidia and Dissidius! I will let you keep your tea Dissidius! "

16. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

Dissidus has been drinking tea for the last twelve hours.

Arra likes this.
  17. HunterC1998

HunterC1998 Cosmos Killer

AHHH tea, cocaine of the English..sorry I don't know why but that's just what came to mind today..

Sir Wilfrey and Arra like this.
  18. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Well, let's see if this is acceptable...
    Name:ᏣᏍᎦᏜᏯᏱ (But doesn't mind being called Cue)
    Age: somewhere between 200 and 500 years, so very young.
    Race: Something... Old...
    image.jpg
    About 6' 2" in height, ~3' 6" in radial diameter, with a rib "wing" span of about 6' 10".

Backstory: "freak show?! This is a freak show?! I was just going on vacation! I wasn't expecting to suddenly be up and captured and taken here! Seriously! Why am I the freak here! Look at you all! With your two legs and beady little socketed eyes... What even are you... Things...?"
    Positive Traits: incredibly smart, especially with biology and genetics, but is pretty much a genius in almost every subject. Telepath. Five long and dexterous limbs, five sensitive eyes, five separate but connected brains, five mouths to yammer your ear off in random languages he's picked up, pretty much five of all organs. Immune to the toxin, for the most part, due to... Interesting biology...

Neutral traits: he's just a tourist! He has a pretty impressive library of useless facts stored in those brains of his.

Negative Traits: Complete coward. Not suited at all for combat. Will do what it takes to just survive and escape with his life, even at the expense of others. Unwilling to kill. Cannot cope well with death at all, and may suffer emotional stress. Doesn't handle stress well at all (pretty much just hides and cries, possibly while soiling himself). Unusual biology may not cope well with foreign bodies. Food may disagree, or even poison him. (The only safe bet is animalian flesh of the red kind.) Diseases may have very potent effect of he hasn't found a way to deal with either through developing immunity or with medicinal practice. Foreigner in general, and not quite well exposed to customs.

Freakshow Ability:
    brain steal: if he can get a feeler onto someone, he can literally link nervous systems. This allows him access to their body, memories, everything. Of course, there can be resistance and at that point, he may have to pull out. Unfortunately, not all hosts are strong willed enough to take this kind of mental attack, and may suffer catastrophically. Likewise, surprisingly resilient hosts may cause dangerous mental backlash and could do damage to him.

I tried to make it balanced. How'd it work?

Arra likes this.
  19. Arra

Arra The End of Time

" Hahahaha! Excitingly Eldritch! You are a fine specimen! Quite perfect for this Freakshow! Ohoho! You are just simply amazing! "

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  20. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

"I don't want to die! :,("

MilkCalf and Arra like this.