Damage Reaction

Discussion in 'Other' started by tps_SurvivoR, Mar 6, 2012.

1. tps_SurvivoR

tps_SurvivoR Master Chief

Hey guys i was thinking about terraria and such games like minecraft. and everyone realise that when someone gets hit, the player/creature is just thrown back.
    So im here to suggest that we could have something different, like, if we get hit by some types of monsters, we fly back and hit the ground layed down(for the biggest and strongest creatures) . or if a small one, or ranged enemy attacks us, our caracter could stop, bring his pixefull hands over his belly or whatever, and then continue the battle.

i don't know about you guts but this is just my opinion. have a different type of damage reaction. :love:

2. Shozonu

Shozonu Void-Bound Voyager

I think that only knockback is just fine, though i think that getting hit by an exceptionally powerful attack should actually knock someone down.

3. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm bumping this thread a little bit, because I think that there really is some room for stuff like this!
    Just being sent flying a few feet is kinda boring, as there could be a lot of different reactions to damage!
    Like when I'm hit with a blunt object like a club, I could get knocked down.
    Or if I'm hit by a really sharp object like a sword, I could stop and grip my wound for a sec.
    If I'm hit with something hot like a burning arrow, I could start jumping around for a few seconds.
    There would be a lot of room for many ideas, since this game will feature a lot of future-weapons!

4. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

It's a great idea, only it'd have to be carefully done so that the flow of combat doesn't get too annoying. Imagine having to stop for your character to put his hands on his wounds every time a bullet hits him, it would simply make pvp battles way too one-sided (first that gets hit is pretty much done). Some time-to-time animations, or getting knocked down by especially powerful blows is fine, but it shouldn't be impact-driven.

5. Sirnak

Sirnak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, I created a thread a little while ago about the same thing! I completely agree with you. Damage reaction is a good idea and makes the fights much more enjoyable at my opinion!

6. mramazerful

mramazerful Starship Captain

as long as the reactions played out over the same amount of time for comparable damage (ie. getting hit with a medium damage sword or arrow) then i think different animations would be great!