1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Daimera - Breaking in the RoR Fan Art Forum!

Discussion in 'Fan Works' started by Daimera, May 5, 2013.

1. Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

2. Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

Here, have some really rough and lazy sketches of each class, fueled by insomnia and the Shingeki no Kyojin season 1 opening theme (I don't even watch that show!)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (not sure if I should change this one should I decide to draw more; the character-select screen looks like a coat, but the in-game sprite looks like a poncho. I personally like the coat, but I'm not sure which one is intended...)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Smuggy, luckarusky, Brassqund and 8 others like this.
    • Rawrquaza

Wow, very cool! I especially like the huntress for her legginess (:megusta:) and engi for his chubby STRONKness.

Daimera likes this.
      • hopoo

hopoo Risk of Rain Developer Developer

oh my goodness.. these are amazing

• Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

Awesome! :D

• NuclearPicklenomaly

NuclearPicklenomaly Phantasmal Quasar

These may be quick rouch sketches but they give us a clear picture as to what they would look like... unpixeled. :p I love em.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I noticed a couple of days ago when I was thinking of whether a Bandit cosplay would be hard (not that I'd do one, most likely) that the Bandit very closely resembles Lee van Cleef.

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

I wasn't sure how to take this, I had to look that up since I don't watch a lot of westerns. Bandit just strikes me as a space pirate sort who just uses the aesthetics of the general cowboy archetype, so I'm not sure if his resemblance to a well-known western actor would be intentional or just, yaknow, due to them sharing a very general archetype. I'm not even sure what between the two warrants a "'very close" resemblance, since actor recognition tends to be very facially-oriented and the Bandit is wearing a full mask.

omg

[​IMG]
                Anyway, I've been taking way too long on this picture, so here's another WIP (this time animated to show the various steps in it so far). I could probably be doing this faster if I were using a decent art program with textured brushes (like SAI), but Photoshop just doesn't feel natural enough for me and I don't want to try out SAI in case I get attached to it, because right now I don't really want to buy nor pirate it. :S Instead I'm using OpenCanvas and manually painting every single texture in with round brushes and it's fairly inefficient; cathartic, but slow-going.

• Lord Fatso

Lord Fatso Void-Bound Voyager

That art looks amazing people!

Keep up the good work!

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

I put this off for far too long, but here it is! I admit I don't feel it's quite as nice as the golem one, but the breaks between working on it were many and far-between and I just lost sight on it.
                    I will likely just set up a hermit hut here in Fan Works, because I'm pretty tired of the fighting on the Discussion board, but I can't promise I'll be terribly active. I feel burned out...

• DNLK

DNLK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, man, this looks just gorgeous! Great work!

Daimera likes this.
                      • Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

I love how much you made the eyes look like the Burning Witness...incredible job!

Daimera likes this.
                        • Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

It's pretty ridiculous how hostile the forum has gotten the past few days. Regardless, that wallpaper is awesome, just like the other stuff you've done.

Daimera and Lord Fatso like this.
                          • Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Holy crapnuggets, that's defiinitely going on my desktop! ... sorry Golem - you will be missed :(

Daimera likes this.
                            • Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

FUCK YOU, RAWR, YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO
                              huntress-boxinggloves-rawrw.gif
                              .... but it was a damn funny mental image anyway, so I sketched it up quickly because it made me lol.

No I'm not adding this to the main post. :rofl:

I'm pretty certain it's for the best that you don't question how some items stack visually...

Dargona1018, Smuggy, MordredN and 4 others like this.
                              • Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Now that has to be a melee character if I ever saw one.

Daimera likes this.
                                • Crimbo Hardstyle

Crimbo Hardstyle Big Damn Hero

I got four boxing gloves in a row yesterday as miner, when I already had one from the previous level. My roommate and I ended up talking about almost exactly what you drew there because of it. It's perfect.

Daimera likes this.
                                  • Rawrquaza

• Stormquake

Stormquake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will you ever draw art of my good friend the Enforcer? >:
                                    Hell, I'd even pay you with all the hair on my knuckles. (worth about 27 dollars in certain areas of Sweden)

• Daimera

Daimera Cosmic Narwhal

I will definitely be drawing the final three characters sometime, the question is if I'll rush out some quick sketches like the others or not (I'd have to unlock the Mercenary first so I can get his hangar sprite for reference). I'll definitely eventually be doing nicer art of all of them, they're all awesome.

Speaking of, has anyone beaten the game with Sniper yet? I'm not sure if Sniper is male or female (due to the small stature and the purple) and the ending blurb would be the most direct way of pinpointing it via pronoun. I'm thinking male, but I can't be sure, and I'm awful at Sniper (and at the game in general, but I'm especially bad at Sniper).