1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED CuteBound 0.99n

Cute-ification of every playable races of Starbound

1. barbariank

barbariank Scruffy Nerf-Herder

barbariank submitted a new mod:

CuteBound - Cute-ification of every playable races of Starbound

Read more about this mod...

2. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Iiiiiinteresting... this is a LOT of content/spriting for an initial release! Definitely gonna look into this, see how it looks in game!

3. nuker19

nuker19 Space Kumquat

I'd love to see more artwork

nichi likes this.
  4. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

I read your description about this but you really should put screenshots with the mod's upload. I can't remember the number of times I skipped a mod in any game because the author didn't include images for me to see what I was getting into.

nichi likes this.
  5. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

They do have 5 screenshots already.... though one showing each race and some of the before and after for outfits could be could show things off better, I suppose.

6. barbariank

Ah, oups i have one that shows a little but it's would take me too mcuh time to screenshot everything, i'll add more

nichi likes this.
  7. Rhombohedral

Rhombohedral Void-Bound Voyager

At first glance, WOW. This mod was amazing. Until I went on a multiplayer server, everyone was looking at me. I thought they were impressed at first, and then I caught on. Other people can't see this, it really disappointed me. Great for singleplayer, I guess.

8. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

They did not when I posted my comment.

9. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

So, as I can't really tell, what does this do to the Novakid?

10. barbariank

Novakids only have armors changed because i don't know what to do with them, i could put eyes on them maybe but i don't know what else i can do about it

11. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

This looks a like a huge overhaul for the game character looks.

12. Toa_Derax

Toa_Derax Pangalactic Porcupine

Hitting the nail on the head.

13. Senpai Deviljo

Senpai Deviljo Cosmic Narwhal

lol sorry that day i wasn't thinking straight. Anyway i love the mod but i like the vanilla more it'll be cool if it can be separated into race mod or mods. So i can have both my avian and a custom avian in my town i'm currently building. (still waiting for other race mods to have colony deeds approved so i have like 30 rooms availiable :c)

14. Falling Tide

Falling Tide Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I have put this in my mods folder, and I am not entirely sure if it is working... I do know I don't have harpies.

15. sandstorm603

sandstorm603 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Words were not enough to describe how amazing this mod is, my game is so lively now, keep up the good work ^^

Attached Files:

16. Scrangos

Scrangos Orbital Explorer

Great mod, i particularly like the harpies, but i find that the 3 pixel tall eyes end up weird on florans since they end up touching the mouth pixels. No idea how its fixable since theres no room to play with.

17. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

Crosspost from the Lamia Race mod thread.

Hey, I made a simple "alteration" (Read: Copying and pasting the assets) to the Lamia in order for it to work with the aesthetics of the "Cutebound" mod, do you mind if I post it anywhere? Full credit will be given to all authors involved.

EDIT: Due to lack of response I'm going to go ahead and post it; if you want me to take it down, please tell me via PM and I will remove it.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  18. Ramare

Ramare Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This mod is great. I like the inclusion of a proper female version for a lot of the chest pieces that didn't have one before, all the new and re-done hairs and I love the Harpy-style Avians in particular because they're absolutely adorable. I did a manual install mixing this with Detailed Species and Starface (which was what I was using before), as well as slightly editing some of the sprites (such as all the head's eyes) and I love the results.

However, I have run into a slight bother. I decided to use the Harpy-style Avians, instead of sticking with the normal and comparatively boring vanilla-style anthropomorphic bird Avians, but they use very different palette parameters than the vanilla Avians which means that I can't use the Avian portions of Colorbound. For the hair/feather colours it's fine, there's enough variety of colour choices to satisfy, but the skin colours is a different story. I believe that there simply isn't enough skin colours to choose from, so some more (say, around ten) human skin colour choices of various tones and colours in-between the current snow white and chocolate brown choices as well as, perhaps, some more "strange" skin colours (such as four brightness shades (ultra-light, light, medium and dark) of ever-so-slightly gray-tinted skin and four shades of ever-so-slightly blue-tinted skin) would be great.

Just remember: more choices is always good, but you don't have to listen to anything I just typed if you don't want to. I don't know how colour palette choices are made, it could be difficult and/or abysmally dull and time-consuming for all I know, I only know how to edit the sprites themselves.

19. Poxopi

Poxopi Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I love the mod, but could you please release a version for florans without the little mouth? I don't like how it looks on my character, and my attempts to edit the .png file failed horribly :(

20. Notameme

Notameme Title Not Found

Hey, I realize that it may be a little late to ask, but may I keep my race mod up? It's the humanoid dragon race. I did use some colors and the hair styles, and I was also inspired by the avian race, so I'm asking for some belated permission to keep this mod up. If you would like me to take it down, you need but ask.