Cute Farm for Haley?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by La Chair, Jun 25, 2017.

1. La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

I'm trying to build a "Cute" Farm that Haley would be proud. I play vanilla so my options are limited.

I'm on the Woodland layout and the theme is a fruit farm. I sell wine, preserves and fresh fruit. There are four fields under Hoe as it were, each 10x15. I have six sheds, and the rest of the farm is loaded with fruit trees.

My paths are quartz and in the central area is covered with crystal Path. All of the braziers illuminating the fields are marble, 4 per field. I have Flower Tubs in front of every building as well as wooden lamps.

The problem is the boarders on the fields. I'm still using basic stone and it just doesn't fit. I would like suggestions on what you folks think I should use.

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

The light colored wood might look nice, it'll match the flower tubs. I always line my pathways and garden beds with wood borders. :)

Here's my farm to give you an example:
      IMG_9890.PNG

FeyAngel likes this.
      • La Chair

La Chair Big Damn Hero

How can you take a full pictures of your farm?

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

If you don't use mods, the easiest way is upload.farm, but if you do use any mods that change the look of buildings, they won't show up and everything will look like Vanilla. Then you'll have to do it the hard way like I do, and take several individual screenshots and stitch them together in your editing program of choice (I use Photoshop). A bit more work but your mods will show up. :)

• sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Haley says she loves bunnies because they're cute, so if you're okay with making a small bunny coop that'd fit. Use the wood floor path too like LNW said because it fits her theme best imo.

• StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

I've been wanting to make a new farm. I might have some inspirations from LuthienNightwolf. Especially with the horse stable. I never thought of that since I always just put it next to the house.

To the OP though, if you use mods/smapi then there is a http://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1073/? and it works well. Just type the export command in to smapi and it saves the entire farm. It's an easy option if you use smapi and such.

sunlite likes this.
              • FeyAngel

FeyAngel Void-Bound Voyager

I know this isn't a recent thread, but I was wondering if I could get some details from you on this farm, such as which map you used, which mods to make the terrain look like grass rather than dirt, etc. This is my first post here, so sorry if I missed this information somewhere else. I currently play on the Switch, but am looking to purchase the game for pc, so I am researching the mod options, especially for aesthetic purposes. Thank you in advance! :)

• wronghandle

wronghandle Star Wrangler

To get the bunnies to hang out near the front porch, where she can watch them, locate the coop near the farm house.