Modding Help Custom Ship Questions

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by AArticuno3, May 4, 2017.

1. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

Hello,

So I have a little problem. I am Working on a custom ship mod and every time I make a small change to the block configuration I have to make a whole new character and get their ship up to the dreadnought and only then I can see my change. Any way to apply the changes to the block configuration of the ship on an existing character?

2. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

u could just delete their ship, it will make a new 1
    it is under <SB folder>/storage/player and it ends in .shipworld and will likely be type SHIPWORLD. it also has the same base name as the player it belongs to, base name being the uuid associated with the character

bk3k likes this.
  3. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Yep and just put your folder into date sorting. So you have the most recent.

Deleting the shipworld now will regenerate the ship, but also apply the upgrades sequentially all before the character loads. It handles this better than it did in the past.

4. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

Huh, alright, thanks. Is there any way of doing this without destroying all the non-native objects in the ship? like my decorations and such?

5. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Nope. but you shouldnt be testing on a character you want to keep anyway. Always use throw-away characters.

6. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

I am, I am just trying to change the block configuration so that it matches my design and was wondering if there was an easier way. Thank you, though.

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Delete character. Make new character. Spawn in ship upgrade item for the tier you want to test. Takes less than a minute. Outside of that, I can't think of an easier way.

If you are testing a series of upgrades, you can test in in order with one character before deleting and starting over. That would let you cut out that part, at least for a little bit. A little tedious overall, yeah, but that is modding for you... It tests your patience... repeatedly...

bk3k likes this.
  8. AArticuno3

AArticuno3 Big Damn Hero

Truth.