Modding Help Custom Merchant spawner throwing errors

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by AbstrktDev, May 19, 2016.

1. AbstrktDev

AbstrktDev Void-Bound Voyager

I'm putting together a custom merchant right now and have hit a few walls that i'm not sure about.

1. In patching, do I need a patch file for each file i want to patch?

2. I saw that some of the npc's objects currently reference merchantpools.config. Can i have an npc reference more than one set of pools by making the line an array i.e. [ "merchantpools.config", "custompools.config" ] ?

3. I finally got my item to appear in-game but the spawner has no functionality. I saw lua errors in the log and i have no clue how to diagnose them. Do i need to point the lua file towards my new assests?

Thanks for your time

mod: http://www.mediafire.com/download/c44d3tee25iej5c/Block_Vendor_NPC.rar

[13: 36:44.811] Error: Exception while invoking lua function 'update'. (LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/objects/spawner/spawners/spawner.lua"]:10: (JsonException) Improper conversion to JsonArray from string

edit: currently reading into lua as much as i can on the forums and through some of suits guides to attempt to familiarize myself with it.

2. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

As per order of your questions:

1.) Yes, one patch file per file you want to patch.

2.) I'm pretty sure this works.

3.) Your Lua files error you included here means that you are inputting an array of values for an argument or function which is expecting a string value.

Most likely just check you didn't forget some conversion or other tidbit in your code. It's late and I'm a little tired to look through the code myself