Modding Discussion Custom Human ship, with rail cannons!

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by lazarus78, Dec 17, 2013.

1. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Greetings fellow Starbound enthusiasts.

I told myself I wasnt going to delv into modding this game, but that didn't really work out. I dabbled in customizing the ships, figured out how the block maps worked, and a few hours and some sleep deprivation later, I mostly completed a ship I am happy and proud of.

The reason I am posting here today is to gather some feedback on my design. I don't have access to the raw image files so you can test it out yourself, but I will put them up as soon as I get a chance. For now, however, I have an in game screenshot for some "at a glance" feedback. Please, tell me what you love, what you hate, what you wish was there, everything, even if its a simple "This sucks Apex bananas". I can take whatever you throw at me. I just want to make a cool, useful, and appealing ship for myself, and the rest of the community to enjoy.

So, enough blabbing. I give you, the.... umm... ship. Cus I havent' thought of a name.
    [​IMG]

There are several things I need to touch up on, as I put this together after a long 15 hour day, and I spend about 5 hours on it.

Thanks for your time, consideration, and feedback.

2. Z3-U5-99

Z3-U5-99 Space Hobo

Looks pretty cool.

3. tifel100

tifel100 Void-Bound Voyager

I see the dirt, you probably couldn't climb without it, so I suggest you add some platforms in the dropship.structure. But nice job, looks awesome!

4. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Thanks.

That is indeed why that dirt is there. I'm still messing with the "code" part of the ship. It took me a good hour to figure out how to get a single thruster plume given the human ship has a dual-plume graphic, but by that time, I really needed sleep, so I plan on adding platforms.