RELEASED Custom Farm Types 1.1.7

Allow adding custom farm types.

1. spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

Okay, I found the issue. Your json file is using the weird special quotes (“ and ”), which don't work. Normal quotes are needed.

Here's the new one:
    Code:
    {
      "Name": "Secret Forest",
      "Description": "It’s a secret shhhhh",
      "ID": "Ali.SecretForest",
      "BehaviorPreset": 0,
      "FarmhousePreset": 0
    }

(I also changed the ID. That wasn't a problem, it just matches how SMAPI mods are supposed to make their mod IDs. Makes things a bit more consistent.)

• pararain

pararain Space Spelunker

That is very strange, but I copied and pasted the quotation marks you sent me and used those instead and everything works perfectly now! Thank you very much for your time and help.

• Coolwyngs

Coolwyngs Giant Laser Beams

Will you put it in a file for me I don't understand how to do it.

• pararain

pararain Space Spelunker

I can do it for you! Do you want Ali's Secret Garden map or something else?

• Coolwyngs

• pararain

pararain Space Spelunker

Here you go~ Just unzip the file and put both of the folders in the FarmTypes folder. I tested them to make sure they work and they do, but just a general warning for the Fancy Farm in case you haven't used it before: if you haven't unlocked the area you're warping to yet you can get stuck in the area and you might have to make your character pass out to get unstuck (found out the hard way just now).

Attached Files:

• Coolwyngs

Cool thank you very much

pararain likes this.
              • spacechase0

spacechase0 Ketchup Robot

• hihihi330

hihihi330 Poptop Tamer

Do you know if this mod works with Advanced Location Loader? I was using advanced location loader to add new maps to the game which I created myself. It seemed to work fine. I eventually replaced Advanced Location Loader with Custom Farm Types and I was able to use your mode as well without any major issues. There was a red error when launching SMAPI, but it didn't seem to cause any serious issues to my knowledge. When I tried using both mods together though, it would crash when I tried loading a save. Either when I created a new game or when I tried loading that game again.

Just wondering if you had heard this before or might know what caused it? I'll attach the last crash file I got from SMAPI in case it helps. I don't think it is ALL causing the crash, but I may be mistaken.

I think the specific error for Csutom Farm was:
                [22:40:27 ERROR Custom Farm Types] EXCEPTION FIXING FARM TYPES: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'SpaceCore.Utilities.Hijack' from assembly 'SpaceCore, Version=1.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
                at CustomFarmTypes.TypeFixes.fix()
                at CustomFarmTypes.Mod.Entry(IModHelper helper) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\CustomFarmTypes\Mod.cs:line 36

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
                  Flumme likes this.
                • lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

So I tried this mod out and I noticed one farm type that I was excited to try was the Everything Map, wondering if it was a unique one or if it was the omnifarm that someone created somewhere on the forums, so I tried loading it up and I am stuck in the house with a chest blocking the door. Is that meant to happen or are my files messed up?

• hihihi330

hihihi330 Poptop Tamer

I believe that is intentional, or at the very least it is supposed to happen, your files should not be messed up. The chest can be a little finicky, but I've realized it works best when you stand to the left of the chest and try to click slightly above where the chest looks like it should be. It takes me a couple of tries to open it, but I usually get it before too long.

• lyscir

Yes I noticed that, although it still doesn't move so it doesn't do me any good to open it.

• hihihi330

hihihi330 Poptop Tamer

Did you get two things out of it? The first time you open it, you should get 15 Parsnip seeds and then it should just look opened. If you click it again, you should get 5 spirit torches. After you get the spirit torches, it should disappear. If it still isn't disappearing, then I'm not sure why it is stuck there.

• lyscir

No I only got the seeds. Maybe I'll go back and check it out again and see what happens. Thank you for letting me know that though.

• lyscir

So I have been playing the everything farm for a few days and have been enjoying it so much and I have been wondering if it is possible to change where the ores/rocks for quarry part spawn or if its locked to a certain area?

• Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have the some problem. The mod works fine (THANKS!!! :) ) but I always get this red error messages and it makes me really nervous:

[20:01:44 ERROR Custom Farm Types] EXCEPTION FIXING FARM TYPES: System.TypeLoadException: Der Typ "SpaceCore.Utilities.Hijack" in der Assembly "SpaceCore, Version=1.0.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" konnte nicht geladen werden.
                              bei CustomFarmTypes.TypeFixes.fix()
                              bei CustomFarmTypes.Mod.Entry(IModHelper helper) in G:\StardewValley\Mods\CustomFarmTypes\Mod.cs:Zeile 36.

• Flumme

Flumme Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wrote it on Nexus, too. I downgrated SpaceCore:

I have installed SpaceCore 1.0.3 and than OVERWRITE it with SpaceCore 1.0.2 . I don't get an red error messages anymore, it still work with CustomFarm-Mod, BUT: Now I get an grey message.
                                Will this work with Stardew Valley 2.0 ?

Thanks and Greetings [​IMG]

Here the message I get now:

[13:11:52 DEBUG SpaceCore] Hijacking method "StardewValley.Game1: Void showEndOfNightStuff()", replacing with "SpaceCore.Overrides.NewGame1: Void showEndOfNightStuff()".
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Offset: 2
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Debugger is not attached.
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Data: 21477984=257913544 253843836=257914096
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Done
                                [13:11:52 DEBUG SpaceCore] Hijacking method "StardewValley.Game1: Void setGraphicsForSeason()", replacing with "SpaceCore.Overrides.NewGame1: Void setGraphicsForSeason()".
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Data: 21478032=257915280 253843848=257917856
                                [13:11:52 DEBUG SpaceCore] Hijacking method "StardewValley.Game1: Void UpdateControlInput(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime)", replacing with "SpaceCore.Overrides.NewGame1: Void UpdateControlInput(StardewValley.Game1, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime)".
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Data: 21479320=257924208 253843860=273612872
                                [13:11:52 DEBUG SpaceCore] Hijacking method "StardewValley.Tools.MeleeWeapon: Void drawDuringUse(Int32, Int32, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2, StardewValley.Farmer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Rectangle, Int32, Boolean)", replacing with "SpaceCore.Overrides.NewMeleeWeapon: Void drawDuringUse(Int32, Int32, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.SpriteBatch, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Vector2, StardewValley.Farmer, Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Rectangle, Int32, Boolean)".
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Data: 22820256=271122504 253843976=271188040
                                [13:11:52 DEBUG SpaceCore] Hijacking method "StardewValley.Utility: StardewValley.Events.FarmEvent pickFarmEvent()", replacing with "SpaceCore.Overrides.NewUtility: StardewValley.Events.FarmEvent pickFarmEvent()".
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Data: 22838204=271226360 253844092=271227856
                                [13:11:52 DEBUG SpaceCore] Hijacking method "StardewValley.Game1: Void performTenMinuteClockUpdate()", replacing with "CustomFarmTypes.TypeFixes+NewGame1: Void performTenMinuteClockUpdate()".
                                [13:11:52 TRACE SpaceCore] Data: 21477624=271232016 253852388=271234296
                                [13:11:52 DEBUG SpaceCore] Hijacking method "StardewValley.FarmAnimal: Boolean updateWhenCurrentLocation(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime, StardewValley.GameLocation)", replacing with "CustomFarmTypes.TypeFixes+NewFarmAnimal: Boolean updateWhenCurrentLocation(Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameTime, StardewValley.GameLocation)".
                                [13:11:52 DEBUG SpaceCore] Hijacking method "StardewValley.Menus.BlueprintsMenu: Void receiveLeftClick(Int32, Int32, Boolean)", replacing with "CustomFarmTypes.TypeFixes+NewBlueprintsMenu: Void receiveLeftClick(Int32, Int32, Boolean)".

• Amburr

Amburr Phantasmal Quasar

Is there any possibility of spawning grass every day in certain areas? Similar to the logs?

• DasThomy

DasThomy Aquatic Astronaut

I don't know why, but with SpaceCore + Custom Farm Types I can't start a new game. The game freezes everytime I try it. Any solution tips?

• kijikun

kijikun Void-Bound Voyager

Roll back your spacecore to the previous version I think is the fix.