Race Cross breeding races & babies!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by polipbo, Aug 13, 2013.

?

Good or Bad / Inappropriate Idea?

Poll closed Sep 13, 2013.
  1. Good

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Bad

7 vote(s)
    35.0%
  3. Inappropriate

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. Zen Master

Zen Master Phantasmal Quasar

They would have to ignore the realism side of things and just focus on making a fun and interesting mechanic.

They've already done this a bit with all the female members of the races having breasts and they range from being birds, to plants, and pure energy, plus avians have belly buttons which if they're born from eggs they shouldn't have.

Shows like Startrek do stuff like that as well, point is it's not unheard of.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  2. DragonSky11

DragonSky11 Master Chief

I agree with Zen Master. You were thinking too much about the technical and realistic side of things. This ENTIRE GAME is not even remotely realistic.

3. Trenix

Trenix Twenty-three is number one

I just don't get the purpose of this. What can a child do that a NPC can't? Also what happens when your kid dies? This is just unusual and truly doesn't add much of anything. I notice a lot of people are spamming this and relationships, trying to bring in stardew valley aspects.

Yet in stardew valley your spouse and child help you maintain a farm. What can they help you with in here? There isn't much to maintain.

4. DragonSky11

DragonSky11 Master Chief

They could be like the crew on your ship, so that your could choose to have them fight for your. Also, you could assign them a home, and they could do chores around the home, such as farming. You know the Colony Deed in Starbound? It could be like that, except with family. They would live there, and they would farm for you. Also, they should be able to give you presents once every 2 weeks (Starbound time). The presents could be common items, or once in a while, a uncommon or rare item.

5. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

Sounds dumb and unnecessary, why would you even bring this thread back?

EmissaryOfInfinity likes this.
  6. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Thread necros are considered acceptable if the thread is still relevant and the necro itself is on-topic. In this case, both conditions are met.

You're welcome to disagree with the suggestion, we'd discourage you from going off-topic to call out the necro. If it's broken the rules, report it. Otherwise, move on.

STCW262 likes this.
  7. Guest0241525

Guest0241525 Guest

I mean, it's somewhat like the last time - thread being revived isn't my sole focus. In this case, it's very much related to how I feel about the suggestion itself - namely, that it's overall unnecessary. :nuruneutral:

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Should probably note that my post was directed at both you and another user, whose post I deleted for being completely off-topic. It's also possible I've misinterpreted your intentions.

But this too is off-topic now, so it's best to return to the topic at hand.

9. Messyart

Messyart Starship Captain

I think it'd be hilarious to breed an Apex and Glitch and end up with the wheelchair mutant as offspring..

10. Zen Master

Zen Master Phantasmal Quasar

I think a mechanic like this would really shine in hard core mode. I like the idea of perma-death but I don't really have the time to invest in a character or build in a world that would be inaccessible to me if my character died. With having some sort of lineage system the difficulty could still be there of keeping your character alive while still giving the players the option to continue playing in that world. Have a kid, continue as that kid if you die, its an interesting thought to say the least.

11. howardthecoward

howardthecoward Space Hobo

ok i would want this but other people dont so if you want you could make it a mod and people can choose if they want it or not