Crop Planner v2 - 1.1 update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exnil, Oct 5, 2016.

1. exnil

exnil Master Chief

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums, but I wanted to bring news that I've recently updated the Crop Planner app, which I've been working on over the past six months. It's now up to speed with the 1.1 update of Stardew Valley.

For those who don't know, the Crop Planner allows you to schedule dates on which to plant crops, and then shows the date of harvest, regrowths, seasonal profits, etc. It also includes a Crop Info menu for viewing general information about crops, pulled directly from the Stardew Valley game files; as well as several other convenience features such as calendar events.

Find it here:
    Crop Planner v2 on github.io

Support & Feedback
    Any feedback (bug reports, suggestions, etc.) are more than welcome. I'm most active on Reddit, and I'm not sure how often I'll be on these forums; though any feedback is much appreciated, here or on the Reddit thread.

Reddit Thread: Crop Planner v2 Released

What's new in v2:
    • Multiple year planning
    • Import/export plans
    • Import existing plans from the old v1 planner
      • (only works if old plans are on the same browser)
    • Greenhouse plans separated from outdoor Farm plans
    • Improved planner design
    • Slightly improved responsive design for mobile devices
    • Crop info and Settings moved to pop-out sidebar
    • Improved Crop Info panel
    • More settings
    • More seasonal statistics
    • A few keyboard shortcuts:
      • Left/Right arrows = navigate seasons
      • ESC = open/close sidebar (opens to crop info)
      • ~ (tilde) = toggle between outdoor farm/greenhouse

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
    • Aqualis

Aqualis Tentacle Wrangler

Looks amazing!

• Kickz

Kickz Space Penguin Leader

Sounds silly but the mathy part of it is near useless for me since I can do arithmetic mentally really well. However, I might end up using this app just to see the birthdays and festivals without having to go to town.

• Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Don't know if I'd use it... Even saying that, it looks well done and would be quite useful for those really wanting to plan things out to a schedule. :nuruhappy:

Reason I say I am one possibly not to use it is just simply the way I play, which is mostly blind. As in do as I go. Useful though if I do decide to do the sort of thing that requires planning of the kind. Thank you for sharing. :nuruhappy:

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

It would be useful just for the simple fact where you sit there wondering "Tomorrow's Wednesday...and I don't want to go to JojoMart...do I need to get any seeds TODAY since Pierre's is closed tomorrow?". ^^

• Mayka

Mayka Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks great! Thanx :)

• lyscir

lyscir Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think I just drooled on my keyboard after seeing this, great job. (Although one day I would love to see a stand alone program of this and the farm map planner) but again great job and I am so going to use this.

• yiyi

yiyi Tentacle Wrangler

looks awesome! thanks!

• Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

I just want a thing that shows the adjusted times for each crop with Speed grow & Deluxe Speed Grow.

• exnil

exnil Master Chief

Thanks for the responses! Just making an update post here with recently added features:

Added Gold amount:
                      Gold is a valid amount for crop planning. Gold input is converted to the most of that crop you can afford given the amount of gold put in.
                      Demonstration: http://i.imgur.com/2FrJI0v.gif

Added "Fixed Budget Profit":
                      An experimental feature in the Crop Info menu. This calculates the profit-per-day of crops based on a fixed budget. This is just an informational feature which might be useful for new players with a limited budget.

eg: "I have 1000g to spend on seeds, which crops would be most profitable?"

-----

I'm open to taking any suggestions for new features here (I have a to-do list going on the Reddit thread).

• StardewPally

StardewPally Big Damn Hero

Why don't you just buy a calendar from Robin's?

• Teneombre

Teneombre Void-Bound Voyager

Hello.
                          First of all, thanks for your job on this, it's just awesome. An easy way to know if I have to buy seed because they finish a Wenesday ^^ Beside this thank you, I come here for two reasons : one request (if it's possible to add it) and one question.
                          - Do you think it's possible to add season seed for the planner ? I guess that's mean the botanist perk have to be add to the planner and I have no idea how hard it will be to make it. For the price of the seed, I suggest to use the normal price of the four crops if no botanist and the iridum price for the botanist perk.
                          - My question is about the new "fixed Budget Profit". I don't understand how you calculate it. Do this is based on a use of a seed maker or... no idea. If you have the time to explain this to me ^^

• exnil

exnil Master Chief

Thanks for the reply and suggestions, Teneombre. I'll add season seeds to the to-do list, but I'm not sure how complicated it might be with the Botanist perk.

The "fixed budget profit" is a little confusing, I admit, and also experimental. When it's turned on, the G/day value for each crop in the crop info window is calculated based on how much of those seeds you could buy with only 1000g (a fixed budget). I thought this could be useful for new players still in their first in-game weeks, before they have enough gold to spend on a lot of crops. It becomes less useful after a certain point once you have enough gold.

For example, potato seeds cost more than parsnip seeds. If you have only 1000g, you can either afford x50 parnsip seeds or x20 potato seeds. If you go with x50 parsips they will sell for 1750g (profit = 750g), but if you go with the x20 potatos they will sell for only 1600g (profit = 600g). So it's more profitable to go with the parsnips if you have a very limited budget. However, if you can afford x50 of either, then obviously the potatoes will be more profitable, and that's when this feature doesn't help as much.

• Teneombre

Ok, thanks for the explanation :) I was a little confused at the beginning ^^ I will check if I have already too much gold to use this. And Thanks for taking time to answer :)

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

Considering what this is capable of, is there possibly a way to do it where you insert the amount of available money to buy an item (ie, you start with 500g, so day 1 shopping you'd have 500g to spend) and it'd just give you the amount of seeds you'd get for that day?

Again, day 1 example, if you plugged in 500g into Parsnips, it'd plant the 25 you are able to buy at that point. Would that be doable?

• exnil

exnil Master Chief

If I understand what you're asking correctly, this is already implemented. You can type in gold values into the seed amount when planning a crop to plant, and hit enter. It will convert to how ever many seeds can be bought with that gold.

See: https://i.imgur.com/2FrJI0v.gif

• Teneombre

Hello :) I'm coming here to report a bug. I found it on melon but will probably be effective on all crop with the same grow time.
                                    When you have the agriculturist profession and when you use a deluxe speed-grow, the time to grow in game is one more day than the planner. I didn't notice a problem with the melon with deluxe fertilizer.

• everfreefire

everfreefire Big Damn Hero

I'll admit, I did not know that was there. Good to know, though. Makes planning easier.

• TheWiseOne13

TheWiseOne13 Void-Bound Voyager

I just found out about this and it's awesome! But I don't know why but the crops refuse to plant I can edit everything but when I hit plant nothing happens... I tried version 1 and it works but is obviously not ideal... is there and way to fix this or am I doing something wrong?

• Gewitsch

Gewitsch Void-Bound Voyager

First of:
                                          This is not only useful, but also beautiful. At least some people know how to design nice software.

My question for a further addition may stray away from the concept of crop planning. Right now I can not find a decent program, where I put in the Mushroom lvl and have this nice Calendar overview for me.
                                          Would be cool if you could add this, so I can type in the mushroom lvl and the calender highlights the day with lvl x1 and x6 for me.

Thank you very much for your help and time.