1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crew not using beds (ship day/night cycle missing?)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ItsTheKais, Jun 12, 2017.

1. ItsTheKais

ItsTheKais Phantasmal Quasar

Ship crew won't touch beds at all in 1.3 (except for "nocturnal" ones, which have unique behavior for beds). I feel like they must all have the biggest headaches right now! I noticed that the day/night sensor (from the Day & Night Sensor mod) on my ship has reported that it is daytime for the last ten or so hours since I started paying attention to it, which implies that the reason my crew won't go to sleep is because the game has stopped "passing time" on the ship. This is probably related to the new ship travel mechanics, so it may not be possible for the ship to synchronize its day/night cycle with the planet it's orbiting, but could there at least be a day/night cycle again? My crew deserves a good night's sleep!

2. Kajima

Kajima Phantasmal Quasar

Bump because it seems that this is indeed the case.

I have a crew member who insists on following me around the whole time, instead of getting some sleep.

3. Roselle

Roselle Pangalactic Porcupine

Is it your tailor? Mine will not stop breathing down my neck. I feel like crew members are worse in this way than they were before 1.3, which is amazing. :nurumad:

I do not yet have my latest ship upgraded enough to test my crew's circadian rhythm, but I will try ASAP.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    Kajima likes this.
  4. Kajima

Kajima Phantasmal Quasar

Just found out that @ItsTheKais 's assumption regarding the missing day/night cycle seems to be the reason for their lack of sleep.

The crew will use the bed normally only while I'm orbiting a planet. But if I orbit an anomaly/space station/ship, they won't use the beds.