1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Crew member duplicating??

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Shaadaris, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

...I've got nothing. This is a new one. So after disabling VSync (perhaps this is related?) I went down to the outpost to see if it fixed my lag issues (hint: it did) I beamed back up and... Oh. So my Engineer followed me down, then followed me back up, where he was then face to face with... Himself.
    [​IMG]
    SAIL does not recognize the... uh... new member. They both let me tell them to follow.
    Beamed down and only one followed. Beamed back up and the duplicate was gone (I suspect an airlock was involved)
    So... It solved itself, but I should still probably report this, yeah?

2. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

Had the same issue. Went onto my acquaintance's server with my crew members, beamed onto the planet then got back into single player, went onto the ship and dismissed everyone. Still, it's not a decent fix and it also led to the ghost tailor crewmember being stuck on the ship, unresponsive to talk attempts and not listed in crew manifest - thus, undismissable.

3. Revv

Revv Scruffy Nerf-Herder

+3 on this! 3 of us on our server all experienced this at the same time on our server and afterwards we noticed the server was lagging quite bad so I checked the server and it was using 32gb out of 32gb RAM. Shutting down the starbound server did not help had to reboot the whole machine and after that we logged back in and everyone's crew all had cloned multiple times. Dismissing made no difference either and we can't find a fix for this issue. If anyone knows how to fix please post with how to do so thanks!

4. Cleanuptub666

Cleanuptub666 Void-Bound Voyager

Same with my account i was playing with a friend online and he went off so he shut the server down i went on to play solo and wadda ya know my crew duped, so now i have 2 ghost tailors walking around like`zombies. I could luckily fix the other crew members by dismissing them and after that rehiring them so i got that going for me..... but it still annoys the hell out of me knowing that there are two zombies walking around in my ship.... with no way of rehiring them. I would love it if an update in the near future actually fixes this issue

5. derpatross

derpatross Void-Bound Voyager

My ship is starting to lag since they all multiplied by 3 and I have no means of removing them

6. Witness

Witness Giant Laser Beams

I've got temporary workaround for you which may or may not work fully, but at least it'll take care of something: check your tailors, see if you can find one that's still responsive, then isolate two others and commit them to purification through fire (build a wall around them, pour lava inside, wait for the problem to cook itself away).

7. Drolfeir

Drolfeir Void-Bound Voyager

I've managed to triple my crew too (and I think in the same way as others: I logged into a laggy server, disconnected wondering if it was on me and tested out single player, which was fine but now my crew had doubled). Dumping my .player file and fiddling around in there could probably fix this, but I'm a little bit wary if there's something easier. If nothing else this is another client-server sync problem that needs to be caught and handled.

Funny thing is my 'real' crew will get uniform updates from the tailor, but the dupe-crew won't (so my crew has a mix of old and new uniforms), so I may be able to isolate them in my player file by their clothes, but that's such a hassle.

8. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

I still haven't been able to reproduce this bug. Please provide a copy of your log files from a session where the duplication occurs, and/or more detailed steps describing how to reproduce the problem.

9. Drolfeir

I'm going to try and do that right now. I fiddled around with my dumped .player file and wasn't able to fix it by nulling out the contents.companions.companions.crew and then figured maybe it was my shipworld that's messed up, but the unpacker and dumper didn't work on that.

10. Drolfeir

Here's the log from when it was happening as far as I can tell, but there's nothing interesting in it that I can tell. I've asked my friend with the server to see if he has interesting logs.

Attached Files:

argenex likes this.
  11. Drolfeir

12. QuantumProjects

QuantumProjects Star Wrangler

Guys, I'm trying to organize a community effort to pinpoint what is causing the crew duplication bug. The instructions are in this thread: http://community.playstarbound.com/...n-is-on-lets-find-the-duplication-bug.124201/

If you can, please join our efforts. I explain there that I have a lead on what's causing this difficult-to-reproduce error, but I need to crosscheck more logs before jumping to any conclusions.

13. Drolfeir