Crew Happiness!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by MangoPhD, Jan 25, 2017.

1. MangoPhD

MangoPhD Void-Bound Voyager

FIrstly, apologies if this has been suggested before or if this is already planned, or if this is already a mechanic (I failed to find any information) - having not touched starbound in a long while.

I think being able to manage crew happiness would be a nice thing to include because I have a few who appear depressed, and it brings me, their ship captain. emotional turmoil! I would like a way to cheer up my crew; they are very precious to me. 8)

(Second apology if this is in the wrong section. I feel that some kind of happy maintenance could be applied to more things than just crew, such as pets or anything new in the future.)

2. Kajnake

Kajnake Void-Bound Voyager

The crew needs changes overall
    Right now i like that im not lonely at the ship, but i wouldnt take them to any sort of mission from the uselesness they give in combat
    I especially want to be able to gear them up but thats for another suggestion thread

3. MangoPhD

Don't they scale with your own gear? Nevertheless, they're alright for followers , unless you're expecting them to be as adequate as real players. The only problem I had with bringing them around is the bug where you couldn't recruit anymore with two party active. However, their AI could be much better. In the avian mission fire-trial, crew members would literally sit in the fire spouts and die.

4. Kajnake

Kajnake Void-Bound Voyager

I dont care about scaling, i just want them to have cool weapons of my choosing. I want to select who is going to be the sniper, who will be the knight and all that
    Btw: Random weapons on them ruin a bunch of cosplays that would be possible with CUSTOM GEAR

5. MangoPhD

Oh I agree. It's just your first sentence didn't lead to that line of thought since you were referring to their combat effectiveness - not aesthetics. It would also put some use to these legendary/unique weapons that have been collecting dust in my chests. :D

Kajnake likes this.